Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
209 Pages«<192193194195196>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ladyluk28  
#3861 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 11:18:39 AM(UTC)
Ladyluk28

Groups: Registered
United States

@Prep, also, was there any correspondence between the assessments and the proctored exam? Just silence?
Prep  
#3862 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 12:02:31 PM(UTC)
Prep

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ladyluk28 Go to Quoted Post
@Prep, also, was there any correspondence between the assessments and the proctored exam? Just silence?

It was just silence for me. After the assessments, the next correspondence I got was an email telling me about the proctored exam and how to set up the appointment for it. If I remember correctly, there was a link or something that took me to a site to set up my appointment for the test date and time. That was 3 years ago for me, so I apologize if I’m a little rusty on my details. LOL

Will it make your process move faster? IDK. I can tell you it was 9 months between my proctored test and my interview. FYI...this was pre-COVID. If they’re saying now that interviews are gonna start in August, then IMO, they’re moving pretty fast!

Edited by user Monday, May 31, 2021 12:05:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ladyluk28  
#3863 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 12:46:24 PM(UTC)
Ladyluk28

United States

Originally Posted by: Prep Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ladyluk28 Go to Quoted Post

It was just silence for me. After the assessments, the next correspondence I got was an email telling me about the proctored exam and how to set up the appointment for it. If I remember correctly, there was a link or something that took me to a site to set up my appointment for the test date and time. That was 3 years ago for me, so I apologize if I’m a little rusty on my details. LOL

Will it make your process move faster? IDK. I can tell you it was 9 months between my proctored test and my interview. FYI...this was pre-COVID. If they’re saying now that interviews are gonna start in August, then IMO, they’re moving pretty fast!

Oh wow! 9 months for an exam! The announcement I just applied under closes early July and interviews start late august it states. I would sure hope so. I work with 1811s now, but it’s administrative. I would love to get more hands on in the 18 series. This gives hope in receiving an email soon to schedule the test!
Brownml079  
#3864 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 1:33:20 PM(UTC)
Brownml079

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I applied in the 3/2021 posting and got the email to wait for scheduling the proctored exam. That was may 24th. Just waiting patiently, anyone have any pointers for what to look over for the proctored exam? Their "study guide" isn't fantastic.
1800seriesHopeful  
#3865 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 4:46:28 PM(UTC)
1800seriesHopeful

United States

What is an orange area? Is there a map of colors? Is it sensitive information to see one of those sheets before you officially get sent one? Do you get the preference sheet before or after your background has passed?
NotACop  
#3866 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 7:43:55 PM(UTC)
NotACop

United States

Originally Posted by: 1800seriesHopeful Go to Quoted Post
What is an orange area? Is there a map of colors? Is it sensitive information to see one of those sheets before you officially get sent one? Do you get the preference sheet before or after your background has passed?

Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster on this forum. I've learned a lot from this forum, so it's time I start giving back!

So, the orange areas are the offices that are in the highest need of DIs. I just happened to look these up earlier today. A few months ago, someone posted the following list of orange cities:

Denver
Memphis
Tallahassee
Manchester
Albany
Des Moines
Minneapolis/St. Paul
Fresno
San Jose
Anchorage
Portland
Roanoke

Last I heard, you needed to have one of these cities in your top 4 on your preference sheer, and at least 2 in your top 7. I think that might have been for the last academy though. Can anyone give an update if the offices are the same for the July academy?

Also, just to give my timeline for those that are curious:

Applied- June 2019
Online Assessment- June 2019
Proctored Assessment- August 2019
Panel Interview (Via Zoom): August 2020
Tentative Offer: March 2021
Fingerprints: April 2021
Medical: April 2021
e-QIP- May 2021

I know there's a ways to go, but at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel now!

Edited by user Monday, May 31, 2021 7:44:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AZShadowStorm  
#3867 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 4:13:54 AM(UTC)
AZShadowStorm

United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DragonDuke Go to Quoted Post
Congratulations again to everyone that has received offers - I look forward to meeting everybody in July.

Question: Would any current or former DI's know of any study books or any materials worth reading to get a start before Basic begins? Is there anything we could be reviewing now to maybe get a jumpstart?

I appreciate any tips or suggestions you could provide us. Thank you! And Happy Memorial Day weekend...

I would recommend checking out the DEA Diversion website for the public and familiarize yourself with the resources available on there. It may also be helpful to review the basics of drug scheduling to get an idea of what controlled substances belong in each schedule and why.
SATXNez  
#3868 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 4:16:23 AM(UTC)
SATXNez

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 1800seriesHopeful Go to Quoted Post

Good question, and one I pondered for almost 3 years now. I haven't seen anything that says the preference sheet is sensitive or classified in any way, but no one ever shares in this public forum where the locations are or where they got picked for. You get the preference sheet after background, if you're in the running to get selected for the upcoming class. I got mine back in April. On it, there was a list of all the offices where DIs are stationed. (roughly 75 locations) Of those 75 locations, there were about 15 highlighted in orange. I assume the orange locations were/are high need offices. We were told to select 7 locations where we were willing to go, and out of those 7, two of them had to be orange locations (one choice had to be in the top 4). Some people listed nothing but orange locations in hopes of being selected, while some listed only two. Myself, I listed 3 orange locations (picks # 2, 4, and 5) If you are selected to attend the class, you'll be notified and told your ending permanent location. I got my #5 choice. Some that were selected got a location that wasn't even one of their choices and/or was not an orange location. The only logical explanation for location selection I can figure out is that the assignments are based upon needs of the DEA.
thanks 1 user thanked SATXNez for this useful post.
Vjurado on 6/1/2021(UTC)
BHP  
#3869 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 5:06:18 AM(UTC)
BHP

Man
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AZShadowStorm Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DragonDuke Go to Quoted Post
Congratulations again to everyone that has received offers - I look forward to meeting everybody in July.

Question: Would any current or former DI's know of any study books or any materials worth reading to get a start before Basic begins? Is there anything we could be reviewing now to maybe get a jumpstart?

I appreciate any tips or suggestions you could provide us. Thank you! And Happy Memorial Day weekend...

I would recommend checking out the DEA Diversion website for the public and familiarize yourself with the resources available on there. It may also be helpful to review the basics of drug scheduling to get an idea of what controlled substances belong in each schedule and why.

This might be a good start for some basic info.
https://www.dea.gov/drug-information/csa
Raven305  
#3870 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 7:23:51 AM(UTC)
Raven305

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Yes essentially it’s based on DEA needs I believe. My 1,2,4, and 5 choices were orange cities and they gave me my top choice.
thanks 1 user thanked Raven305 for this useful post.
Vjurado on 6/1/2021(UTC)
JayNY93  
#3871 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 8:41:09 AM(UTC)
JayNY93

United States

Hey Guys!

I am really new to this forum but I got a COE for class 56 DI. I did my interview about 3 years ago. Now I didnt get my first pick in Orlando but theyre sending me to tampa after training if I continue the job. They emailed me the coe when I just started a week ago at TSA MCO. I was wondering is it worth sticking it out with TSA OR DEA? Is there any relocation benefits? My house is about 76 miles from the assign location. I am nervous about relocating and double nervous to leave TSA then head to the DI training and have a chance ill fail the training course.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 1, 2021 8:42:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

maintain360  
#3872 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 10:07:26 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Got my preference sheet for class 56! Someone invite me to the WhatsApp group lol
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Vjurado on 6/1/2021(UTC)
agent05  
#3873 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 12:02:12 PM(UTC)
agent05

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)
maintain360, what announcement are you from?
maintain360  
#3874 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 12:03:28 PM(UTC)

June 2019
agent05  
#3875 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 12:14:07 PM(UTC)
agent05

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Nice!! Now I'm worried as I'm from the January 2019 announcement yet I have not received my preference sheets. I wrapped up my background in December so wondering if I didn't make it passed suitability? Or perhaps you skipped your background for being a current fed?
maintain360  
#3876 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 12:22:57 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: agent05 Go to Quoted Post
Nice!! Now I'm worried as I'm from the January 2019 announcement yet I have not received my preference sheets. I wrapped up my background in December so wondering if I didn't make it passed suitability? Or perhaps you skipped your background for being a current fed?

Yup I'm currently a fed
BHP  
#3877 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 12:31:58 PM(UTC)
BHP

Man
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: agent05 Go to Quoted Post

I'm also January 2019, and the only background related thing I've done so far is references. Haven't gotten the e-QIP or any kind of official start to my background beyond them calling my current supervisor.
NotACop  
#3878 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 3:12:12 PM(UTC)
NotACop

United States

I also received (and returned) my preference sheet for class 56 this afternoon. I guess they are still looking for people! I'm from the June 2019 announcement. I'm also a current Federal LEO.
thanks 1 user thanked NotACop for this useful post.
Vjurado on 6/1/2021(UTC)
rcbustam  
#3879 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 3:14:18 PM(UTC)
rcbustam

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I got the call earlier today (but was aware I'd most likely be getting the call since Friday due to tech issues) and was pretty surprised at my assigned area.

The 4+ year wait is finally over.
thanks 3 users thanked rcbustam for this useful post.
NotACop on 6/1/2021(UTC), Vjurado on 6/1/2021(UTC), Raven305 on 6/1/2021(UTC)
luckydevil  
#3880 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 3:25:57 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 132 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rcbustam Go to Quoted Post
I got the call earlier today (but was aware I'd most likely be getting the call since Friday due to tech issues) and was pretty surprised at my assigned area.

The 4+ year wait is finally over.

Congrats!!!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed