Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
206 Pages«<193194195196197>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stimpy729  
#3881 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2021 12:18:33 PM(UTC)
stimpy729

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BHP Go to Quoted Post
I hadn't heard anything at all since I did my medical exam, then I got the email asking me to fill out the form with references for the accelerated background. Haven't talked to an investigator or even started the EQIP or anything.

If you have a current usable clearance that can be reciprocated you might not hear from a BI. I filled out the equip initially and then again in summer 2020, then an update sheet in fall 2020. I never had to meet with an Investigator for this job since my last T5 was done in fall 2018 and was favorably adjudicated. Don’t stress if you don’t hear from anyone.
Ana  
#3882 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2021 7:54:16 PM(UTC)
Ana

United States

I applied March 2021, I just got my stating: You are tentatively eligible for this series/grade combination based on your self-rating of your qualifications.

About how long after this letter is the testing. I'm seeing that people are waiting years to actually get in. I'm just curious about this. I also gave veterans preference, does anyone know if this speeds the process up a little?

Thanks
Prep  
#3883 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 2:51:26 AM(UTC)
Prep

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ana Go to Quoted Post
I applied March 2021, I just got my stating: You are tentatively eligible for this series/grade combination based on your self-rating of your qualifications.

About how long after this letter is the testing. I'm seeing that people are waiting years to actually get in. I'm just curious about this. I also gave veterans preference, does anyone know if this speeds the process up a little?

Thanks

It was about 2 months for me before I did the testing. And it does definitely take a while to get in. I'm going on 3 years, so get ready to...wait. LOL But seriously, I've been grateful for the wait. I've been able to take care of some things, so it has worked out for me. It can feel like it drags on (and that's understandable), but like others will say-just carry on with your life the best you can and let the process work itself through. Good luck!
thanks 1 user thanked Prep for this useful post.
Ana on 4/18/2021(UTC)
Vjurado  
#3884 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 5:57:31 AM(UTC)
Vjurado

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Prep Go to Quoted Post

Thanks

It was about 2 months for me before I did the testing. And it does definitely take a while to get in. I'm going on 3 years, so get ready to...wait. LOL But seriously, I've been grateful for the wait. I've been able to take care of some things, so it has worked out for me. It can feel like it drags on (and that's understandable), but like others will say-just carry on with your life the best you can and let the process work itself through. Good luck!

Patience is definitely a virtue here.
Applied: 8/18
Tests: 10/18
Panel interview: 4/19
Medical/drug: 11/19-12/19
EQIP: 1/21
BI interview: 2/21

Now....more patience
Have faith in yourself, but continue to live life as usual.
Only suggestion is when you do submit eQIP, make a detailed list of contacts/references for all employers, friends, co-workers, etc. Name, current addresses, phone numbers (work and personal wouldn't hurt). This will help your interview go much more smoothly.

Good luck!
thanks 1 user thanked Vjurado for this useful post.
Ana on 4/18/2021(UTC)
WinterPatriot  
#3885 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 7:55:59 AM(UTC)
WinterPatriot

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Thanks

Here's my timeline:
Applied July 2020
Tested September 2020
Interviewed March 2021.

I am a veteran (arguably, National Guard) and have a current Tier 5 clearance. I am not really expecting that to speed the process up very much.
thanks 1 user thanked WinterPatriot for this useful post.
Ana on 4/18/2021(UTC)
lee1625  
#3886 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 9:59:57 AM(UTC)
lee1625

United States

Does anybody in here have any insight into the mathematics portion of the Assessment Test I have to take next? I probably have 2 or 3 months before I take the assessment test. It has been sometime since I went to college and took a math class. Is there manual or you tub videos I can look at to practice? Also what type of math is on this test? I know it is 15 questions over 55 minutes.

I think I will be alright with the writing portion and the judgement section.

Any help would be appreciated..
Vjurado  
#3887 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 10:04:23 AM(UTC)
Vjurado

United States

Originally Posted by: lee1625 Go to Quoted Post
Does anybody in here have any insight into the mathematics portion of the Assessment Test I have to take next? I probably have 2 or 3 months before I take the assessment test. It has been sometime since I went to college and took a math class. Is there manual or you tub videos I can look at to practice? Also what type of math is on this test? I know it is 15 questions over 55 minutes.

I think I will be alright with the writing portion and the judgement section.

Any help would be appreciated..

You will be fine as long as you can do basic math. Just take your time, read problems twice to make sure you are providing correct answers.
Search for DEA assessment guide online. This will give you an idea, along with sample questions

Edited by user Tuesday, April 13, 2021 10:07:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CaitieMFT  
#3888 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 1:16:44 PM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Originally Posted by: agent05 Go to Quoted Post
I have the exact same timeline as DI Hopeful 2020... so how long after you get the Accelerated Background form do they actually contact your references and more importantly how long till you get preference sheets? Does anyone know if the they will allow you to EOD before the Academy at a local dea office?

03-21-2021: Received an email saying in order to continue the accelerated pre-employment process that they need to contact my references. They attached a blank reference form for me to complete.

03-21-2021: I completed the form and returned it

04-01-2021: My references were contacted (1 manager, 1 personal)

04-08-2021: Received my Preference Sheet

I don't have an answer for your last question though. Maybe a current DI will see this and can chime in?

Current DI here. As far as I know, DIs do not go to a local DEA office prior to attending the Academy. Not to say it’s never happened.
You will have two separate dates: when you start the Academy, and when you enter your first office. Since it’s possible to fail out of the Academy, it would not make sense for them to send you to your local office until you’ve completed training.
thanks 2 users thanked CaitieMFT for this useful post.
luckydevil on 4/13/2021(UTC), Vjurado on 4/13/2021(UTC)
GearUp  
#3889 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 8:37:51 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 689 time(s) in 230 post(s)
lee1625 - if you can do basic math (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) you shouldn't have any trouble. Brush up on converting kilograms to milligrams, ounces to milliliters, grams to kilograms etc.

agent05 - CaitieMFT is correct. You will not EOD at the local office EXCEPT in very rare case or for an extra ordinary reason. You will EOD at the Academy. Many years ago they used to EOD people at the closest offices at least one pay period prior to attending the Academy. That sometimes stretched out over a longer period of time thus creating a problem of paying an unqualified/uncertified individual at an office wherein he/she couldn't do anything job related. And as CaitieMFT also pointed out the DEA has to consider the chances of a person washing out, either on their own or for academic/disciplinary reason.

Good luck to all

thanks 2 users thanked for this useful post.
luckydevil on 4/14/2021(UTC), Vjurado on 4/14/2021(UTC)
Prep  
#3890 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 11:08:36 AM(UTC)
Prep

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Does anyone know if the Formal Offer is done verbally (by phone) or do they send you an email?
luckydevil  
#3891 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 11:50:10 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 161 time(s) in 126 post(s)
Does anyone know if the Formal Offer is done verbally (by phone) or do they send you an email?

They have been by phone then they send an email.
thanks 2 users thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
Prep on 4/14/2021(UTC), SATXNez on 4/16/2021(UTC)
GearUp  
#3892 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 7:03:56 PM(UTC)

Formal offers are made over the phone. The HR rep will call and ask if you are still interested in the job. If you are, you will be offered a position at a specific office. You can accept the offer or decline. Accept and the Rep will confirm your contact info and tell you to be on the alert for e-mails confirming your offer and acceptance. Decline and your journey is over.
thanks 3 users thanked for this useful post.
luckydevil on 4/14/2021(UTC), Vjurado on 4/14/2021(UTC), SATXNez on 4/15/2021(UTC)
SATXNez  
#3893 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 4:20:40 AM(UTC)
SATXNez

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
Formal offers are made over the phone. The HR rep will call and ask if you are still interested in the job. If you are, you will be offered a position at a specific office. You can accept the offer or decline. Accept and the Rep will confirm your contact info and tell you to be on the alert for e-mails confirming your offer and acceptance. Decline and your journey is over.

Journey is over forever, or bumped until next class with a new preference sheet?
GearUp  
#3894 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 4:43:45 AM(UTC)

Unless something has changed - over until you submit new application under new announcement. Again, things might have changed on that. Usually the only ones held over are those who were qualified but were to far down the list to be called for the upcoming class. For example,(REPEAT - EXAMPLE and only an EXAMPLE) if there is room for 40 students in the up coming class but there are 60 on the list, 20 will be held over for the next class and get new preference sheets. If you’re the 10th person on the list they call with an offer for the up coming class and you reject the offer, you’re journey is over. They move to the next person on the list and keep going down the list until they get 40 students (or as close as possible by the cut off date - maybe 35) to fill the class.

thanks 2 users thanked for this useful post.
SATXNez on 4/15/2021(UTC), Vjurado on 4/15/2021(UTC)
SATXNez  
#3895 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 4:48:19 AM(UTC)
SATXNez

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Unless something has changed - over until you submit new application under new announcement. Again, things might have changed on that. Usually the only ones held over are those who were qualified but were to far down the list to be called for the upcoming class. For example,(REPEAT - EXAMPLE and only an EXAMPLE) if there is room for 40 students in the up coming class but there are 60 on the list, 20 will be held over for the next class and get new preference sheets. If you’re the 10th person on the list they call with an offer for the up coming class and you reject the offer, you’re journey is over. They move to the next person on the list and keep going down the list until they get 40 students (or as close as possible by the cut off date - maybe 35) to fill the class.

Sounds like the situation I'm in...Got a preference sheet Tuesday with a turn around time of 1 day. Hope to get the call soon.
thanks 1 user thanked SATXNez for this useful post.
Vjurado on 4/15/2021(UTC)
Vjurado  
#3896 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 12:07:45 PM(UTC)
Vjurado

United States

Originally Posted by: SATXNez Go to Quoted Post

Sounds like the situation I'm in...Got a preference sheet Tuesday with a turn around time of 1 day. Hope to get the call soon.

You're right before me as far as application: I'm August 2018. Wishing you the best of luck and hope I get a preference sheet soon!
thanks 1 user thanked Vjurado for this useful post.
SATXNez on 4/15/2021(UTC)
rcbustam  
#3897 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 1:38:03 PM(UTC)
rcbustam

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I got a preference sheet in January but (obviously) wasn't chosen for that Academy... has anyone that sent in their preference sheet received one for the next class, yet?
luckydevil  
#3898 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 1:39:57 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: rcbustam Go to Quoted Post
I got a preference sheet in January but (obviously) wasn't chosen for that Academy... has anyone that sent in their preference sheet received one for the next class, yet?

A bunch of us have received them for the next class (who didn’t get chosen yet).
rcbustam  
#3899 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 1:42:32 PM(UTC)
rcbustam

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
A bunch of us have received them for the next class (who didn’t get chosen yet).

Dang, alright. Maybe I'll send an email to see what's up.

Thanks!
luckydevil  
#3900 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 1:44:47 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: rcbustam Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post

Dang, alright. Maybe I'll send an email to see what's up.

Thanks!

The first set of preference sheets went out the week of March 16th and they seem to now be randomly going out to people still.
thanks 2 users thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
SATXNez on 4/17/2021(UTC), rcbustam on 4/17/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed