Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
207 Pages«<197198199200201>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TxShortie88  
#3961 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2021 4:56:18 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Stimpy is correct. There is/was a "new rule" (unofficial from what I'm hearing) that you are to stay in your duty location 5 years before transferring. Then you can move, but must stay there 5 years. NOW...that also depends on circumstances and how well you get along with the DPM.

Originally Posted by: stimpy729 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: maintain360 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CharlesW0513 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SATXNez Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GMM0304 Go to Quoted Post
I’m from the 08/2018 advertisement and received a call yesterday for the upcoming class. I’m undecided, since they have offered me a location that wasn’t even in my top 7. Has anyone else had this happen?

Not super happy about the location I was offered but it could be worse...Family and I are approaching this like it's another military PCS move. If we don't like it after a few years, we put in for a transfer

Is a transfer easy to facilitate? I would think once you’re in, a transfer shouldn’t be too difficult. Looking at mine, I’m open to the move, but idk how I will feel after a few years

I'm wondering the same thing! I'll take any office at this point,but will there be opportunity to transfer to a different location after you put in time?

There are always exceptions, but plan to spend at least 5 years in your first office before rotating out.

AZShadowStorm  
#3962 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2021 5:03:25 AM(UTC)
AZShadowStorm

United States

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TxShortie88 Go to Quoted Post
Stimpy is correct. There is/was a "new rule" (unofficial from what I'm hearing) that you are to stay in your duty location 5 years before transferring. Then you can move, but must stay there 5 years. NOW...that also depends on circumstances and how well you get along with the DPM.

Originally Posted by: stimpy729 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: maintain360 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CharlesW0513 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SATXNez Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GMM0304 Go to Quoted Post
I’m from the 08/2018 advertisement and received a call yesterday for the upcoming class. I’m undecided, since they have offered me a location that wasn’t even in my top 7. Has anyone else had this happen?

Not super happy about the location I was offered but it could be worse...Family and I are approaching this like it's another military PCS move. If we don't like it after a few years, we put in for a transfer

Is a transfer easy to facilitate? I would think once you’re in, a transfer shouldn’t be too difficult. Looking at mine, I’m open to the move, but idk how I will feel after a few years

I'm wondering the same thing! I'll take any office at this point,but will there be opportunity to transfer to a different location after you put in time?

There are always exceptions, but plan to spend at least 5 years in your first office before rotating out.

Yes, it was previously three years but it was changed to five. Hardships may be taken into consideration but is not a guarantee. Ultimately the decision to permit a transfer comes from available ‘openings’, funding, and approval from the career board.
DragonDuke  
#3963 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2021 4:36:56 PM(UTC)
DragonDuke

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Everyone,

Happy Memorial Day weekend. Quick question:

Is there employee parking or a discount on parking for our Permanent Duty Station? Does anybody know the answer to this? I'd really appreciate some insight. Thanks!

Master Plan  
#3964 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2021 6:15:36 AM(UTC)
Master Plan

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
8/18 applicant here... Received the call yesterday for a location that was NOT on my preference sheet... However, I accepted the position. It was one of the orange locations but definitely not one on my radar. I'm still in disbelief of the location lol.
thanks 2 users thanked Master Plan for this useful post.
Vjurado on 5/29/2021(UTC), SATXNez on 5/29/2021(UTC)
Vjurado  
#3965 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2021 6:58:38 AM(UTC)
Vjurado

United States

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Master Plan Go to Quoted Post
8/18 applicant here... Received the call yesterday for a location that was NOT on my preference sheet... However, I accepted the position. It was one of the orange locations but definitely not one on my radar. I'm still in disbelief of the location lol.

Congratulations!
thanks 1 user thanked Vjurado for this useful post.
Master Plan on 5/29/2021(UTC)
luckydevil  
#3966 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2021 7:01:29 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Master Plan Go to Quoted Post

Congrats!
thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
teatreetwo  
#3967 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2021 9:28:01 AM(UTC)
teatreetwo

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
08/18 Applicant here. Just received and accepted offer. So excited!
thanks 3 users thanked teatreetwo for this useful post.
SATXNez on 5/29/2021(UTC), CaitieMFT on 5/29/2021(UTC), Vjurado on 5/31/2021(UTC)
luckydevil  
#3968 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2021 9:30:59 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: teatreetwo Go to Quoted Post
08/18 Applicant here. Just received and accepted offer. So excited!

Congrats!
DragonDuke  
#3969 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2021 1:08:44 PM(UTC)
DragonDuke

Congratulations again to everyone that has received offers - I look forward to meeting everybody in July.

Question: Would any current or former DI's know of any study books or any materials worth reading to get a start before Basic begins? Is there anything we could be reviewing now to maybe get a jumpstart?

I appreciate any tips or suggestions you could provide us. Thank you! And Happy Memorial Day weekend...
thanks 1 user thanked DragonDuke for this useful post.
Vjurado  
#3970 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2021 1:26:05 PM(UTC)
Vjurado

United States

Originally Posted by: DragonDuke Go to Quoted Post
Congratulations again to everyone that has received offers - I look forward to meeting everybody in July.

Question: Would any current or former DI's know of any study books or any materials worth reading to get a start before Basic begins? Is there anything we could be reviewing now to maybe get a jumpstart?

I appreciate any tips or suggestions you could provide us. Thank you! And Happy Memorial Day weekend...

As GearUp has stated previously, Title 21 Section 1300 (all 1300s) is very useful to prepare for class. He has also mentioned it is not necessary to memorize (thankfully!), but to familiarize yourself with the content.
Hope this helps!

DragonDuke  
#3971 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2021 1:48:25 PM(UTC)
DragonDuke

Originally Posted by: Vjurado Go to Quoted Post

As GearUp has stated previously, Title 21 Section 1300 (all 1300s) is very useful to prepare for class. He has also mentioned it is not necessary to memorize (thankfully!), but to familiarize yourself with the content.
Hope this helps!

Thanks! It looks like a great resource to prepare. I appreciate the info Vjurado and thanks GearUp. Might as well start familiarizing ourselves for class.
Vjurado on 5/29/2021(UTC)
Vjurado  
#3972 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2021 2:49:27 PM(UTC)
Vjurado

United States

Originally Posted by: Vjurado Go to Quoted Post

I appreciate any tips or suggestions you could provide us. Thank you! And Happy Memorial

Hope this helps!

Thanks! It looks like a great resource to prepare. I appreciate the info Vjurado and thanks GearUp. Might as well start familiarizing ourselves for class.

You're welcome!

Edited by user Saturday, May 29, 2021 3:16:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SoLa  
#3973 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2021 8:32:49 AM(UTC)
swill

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
8/18 applicant and also got a call last week. Look forward to meeting everyone who also got an offer.
thanks 1 user thanked swill for this useful post.
Vjurado on 5/30/2021(UTC)
Vjurado  
#3974 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2021 8:55:14 AM(UTC)
Vjurado

United States

Originally Posted by: SoLa Go to Quoted Post
8/18 applicant and also got a call last week. Look forward to meeting everyone who also got an offer.

Congratulations!!
swill on 5/30/2021(UTC)
DragonDuke  
#3975 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2021 8:58:33 AM(UTC)
DragonDuke

Congrats SoLa! See you in July...
swill on 5/30/2021(UTC)
luckydevil  
#3976 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2021 9:00:26 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Congrats!
thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
swill on 5/31/2021(UTC)
Ladyluk28  
#3977 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 10:11:36 AM(UTC)
Ladyluk28

United States

Hi everyone,

Very new to this group. I just applied 5/28/2021 on the public announcement. I am a vet and a fed employee. I have already completed my assessments as well. The posting states interviews will be held late august. Does anyone know when I can expect an email for the proctored exam?
TIA!
Prep  
#3978 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 10:33:31 AM(UTC)
Prep

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hi! Welcome!

It was about 2 months for me from when I applied to when I took the proctored tests. 🙂
Ladyluk28  
#3979 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 11:10:19 AM(UTC)
Ladyluk28

United States

Thank you!

With interviews in August, does this mean the process may move a little quicker than usual? I’ve seen some other posts where others wouldn’t get interviews until 6+ months later.
Ladyluk28  
#3980 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 11:18:39 AM(UTC)
Ladyluk28

United States

@Prep, also, was there any correspondence between the assessments and the proctored exam? Just silence?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed