Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
207 Pages«<205206207
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GearUp  
#4121 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 2:15:35 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 696 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Fives
I personally know of one person who went through the Academy pregnant. I don’t know how far along she was when she started class but think it was early on. There may have been others that I don’t know about. As for the wait time for selection - sorry. That’s just how it is.

I don’t have the specific demographics of DEA or the Diversion Program but based on personal observation I believe there are more women than men in the Diversion Program. There are also quite a few women GS-14 and GS-15 supervisors.

My advise has always been and will always be to “live your life.” Make decisions based on the “now.” Nobody knows what tomorrow will bring. You know, if you’ve been following this forum for any length of time, that the process takes 2 to 3 years. You also know they only have a limited number of classes of 30 to 50 students. And you know you’re not guaranteed you’ll be selected. So live your life. Don’t delay important things or decisions in your life on a “maybe.” If DEA calls then you can decide to accept or reject the position.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Fiives on 10/20/2021(UTC)
wish2bfed  
#4122 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 6:05:40 PM(UTC)
wish2bfed

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fiives Go to Quoted Post
Just curious, anyone done the academy while pregnant? Put off having kids? Were you angry about it? Indifferent? Felt like it just “comes with the territory because everyone knows it’s a long wait and you just have to choose between [insert big decision] and [insert another big decision]? What made you feel like you couldn’t do/have both. Is the DEA a very accommodating workplace? I realize this is a very personal question and appreciate your honesty and personal experience.Feel free to send me a PM.

I wonder if we would have any fitness portion during our DI training? Obvs, we aren't SAs but curious to know if we have to meet/conduct some type of fitness.
thanks 1 user thanked wish2bfed for this useful post.
Fiives on 10/20/2021(UTC)
TxShortie88  
#4123 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2021 5:04:47 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 36 post(s)
You can walk the track if you want. That's about it. No requirements for fitness in the academy for DIs.

Originally Posted by: wish2bfed Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Fiives Go to Quoted Post
Just curious, anyone done the academy while pregnant? Put off having kids? Were you angry about it? Indifferent? Felt like it just “comes with the territory because everyone knows it’s a long wait and you just have to choose between [insert big decision] and [insert another big decision]? What made you feel like you couldn’t do/have both. Is the DEA a very accommodating workplace? I realize this is a very personal question and appreciate your honesty and personal experience.Feel free to send me a PM.

I wonder if we would have any fitness portion during our DI training? Obvs, we aren't SAs but curious to know if we have to meet/conduct some type of fitness.

wish2bfed  
#4124 Posted : Saturday, November 13, 2021 4:54:48 PM(UTC)
wish2bfed

United States

After we graduate from the DI academy, do we immediately go to the location on our FJO or somewhere else?
TxShortie88  
#4125 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2021 11:01:22 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Lets say you currently live in Atlanta. Your new duty location is Las Vegas. You go to DI academy for 3 months, then you return to Atlanta. You have 60 or 90 days before you have to report to Las Vegas (your new duty location). In those 3 months after the academy, you will work in the Atlanta office and begin "training" and learning the ropes. During this time, you will have a one-week house hunting trip in Vegas (paid for by DEA). You will also have movers scheduled, sell your house (if that is something that needs to be done in your situation) and prepare to move. You can go sooner than 90 days, but will need to keep in touch with your new Supervisor to discuss starting dates, when you're moving etc. so they are in the loop.

Originally Posted by: wish2bfed Go to Quoted Post
After we graduate from the DI academy, do we immediately go to the location on our FJO or somewhere else?

PuntosUchida6908  
#4126 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2021 11:38:34 AM(UTC)
PuntosUchida6908

House hunting trip is only offered to people with prior fed experience (Full PCS benefits). If you're coming in without prior fed experience you will get Limited PCS.
thanks 1 user thanked PuntosUchida6908 for this useful post.
TxShortie88 on 11/15/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed