Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SDAnalyst  
#21 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 2:59:21 PM(UTC)
SD Analyst

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 417 time(s) in 356 post(s)
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dizzy_15 Go to Quoted Post
I finally got my SOR. I'm working on it now and should be able to mitigate everything in my opinion. I'm researching one item. My question is....should I get a lawyer to go over my response? I'm not sure I need to but my bf seems to think I should so that they can check the wording and maybe see if I need to put anything additional in.

Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

Somewhere in the Security Clearance forum, somebody pasted a link to the Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals (DOHA) website with a lot of actual cases of people appealing their denial, and in many cases they were successful.

The only people I know who got lawyers (which is a grand total of two, including one case over 20 years ago) were people whose initial appeal was denied and they went to court. I would say you don't need a lawyer but it is not my clearance we're talking about. I would try to find someone with experience in the field of security clearance appeals.

Here's the DOHA cases link: http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/doha/industrial/2015.html

And JHennessey on this Forum is a retired BI and does Security Consulting. You can try sending him a Private Message and see if he can answer your questions.

Edited by user Monday, July 27, 2015 3:16:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dizzy_15  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 6:01:07 AM(UTC)
Dizzy_15

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Pat in SD Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dizzy_15 Go to Quoted Post
I finally got my SOR. I'm working on it now and should be able to mitigate everything in my opinion. I'm researching one item. My question is....should I get a lawyer to go over my response? I'm not sure I need to but my bf seems to think I should so that they can check the wording and maybe see if I need to put anything additional in.

Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

Somewhere in the Security Clearance forum, somebody pasted a link to the Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals (DOHA) website with a lot of actual cases of people appealing their denial, and in many cases they were successful.

The only people I know who got lawyers (which is a grand total of two, including one case over 20 years ago) were people whose initial appeal was denied and they went to court. I would say you don't need a lawyer but it is not my clearance we're talking about. I would try to find someone with experience in the field of security clearance appeals.

Here's the DOHA cases link: http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/doha/industrial/2015.html

And JHennessey on this Forum is a retired BI and does Security Consulting. You can try sending him a Private Message and see if he can answer your questions.

Thanks Pat!
I mailed out my paperwork this past Friday. I didn't go with a lawyer, my gut was saying I didn't need one at this point, yet and the responses here helped affirm my decision. If my response to the SOR goes to a hearing then I will most likely look into it. I'm pretty confident in my response and that I have mitigate the concerns.
thanks 1 user thanked Dizzy_15 for this useful post.
SD Analyst on 7/30/2015(UTC)
0x41  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:58:16 PM(UTC)
0x41

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 6 post(s)
What was the outcome of this?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed