Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Labor

The Department of Labor fosters and promotes the welfare of the job seekers, wage earners, and retirees of the United States by improving their working conditions, advancing their opportunities for profitable employment, protecting their retirement and health care benefits, helping employers find workers, strengthening free collective bargaining, and tracking changes in employment, prices, and other national economic measurements.

In carrying out this mission, the Department administers a variety of Federal labor laws including those that guarantee workers' rights to safe and healthful working conditions; a minimum hourly wage and overtime pay; freedom from employment discrimination; unemployment insurance; and other income support. (DOL's mission statement)

Perhaps you are working for the DOL or interested in working for the DOL. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DOL.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ToosieJoie  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2015 5:12:52 PM(UTC)
ToosieJoie

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I need an EEOC Attorney recommendation. Preferably one who will charge the agency for fees.
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2015 3:28:18 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 696 time(s) in 531 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ToosieJoie Go to Quoted Post
I need an EEOC Attorney recommendation. Preferably one who will charge the agency for fees.
Pretty much all will seek legal fees....IF YOU WIN. If you lose, you are on the hook for their fees.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
Draconian  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 09, 2015 4:50:34 PM(UTC)
Draconian

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Let me know if you find one. The only ones I've found charge $150-$400 per hour, payable up front. And even members of management know I have an irrefutable case (non-accommodation & denial by inaction, despite official RA approval).
~Leave everyplace better than you found it.
Tweetybird0  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 11:11:58 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi All I am also in search of an attorney that is willing to help, its being very hard to find an advocate who is willing to help in a such important issue like ours, there are legal services but they don't help with cases like this , I also have ran out of options and the sad part I will have to handle this matter on my own, Lord help me!
ypiperpn  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 10:46:24 PM(UTC)
ypiperpn

United States

If you haven't found anyone (advocate) yet. Try Jesse Slade. She has been very helpful to me and reading her reviews, she seems to have a great reputation and a knowledge of OWCP laws and terminology.
GWPDA  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2015 10:47:52 AM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 367 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Try www.nela.org - The National Employment Lawyer Association. NELA members are all over the country, often offer initial consultations for very reasonable rates and are highly skilled and expert in all elements of employment law. I have dealt with several of their members with eminently satisfactory results.
judi888  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:14:20 AM(UTC)
judi888

United States

WORD OF CAUTION: Just because their profile says "federal attorney" doesn't mean they will fight for you. I started out with an amazing attorney but she left the firm then my case was transferred to a very lazy attorney who told me I didn't have a case before thoroughly going over my documents. I thought when you hire an attorney, they are supposed to prove your case. Well in my case he didn't. I filed an EEO complaint and he and the agency came up with reasonable accommodation. If you end up with a lazy attorney, don't waist your time or your money.

I did look for an attorney that would get paid if you win. I found a website and it is governed by your salary. If there were attorneys that would get paid when you win, they will be working extra hard to prove your case. I was thinking about maybe offering a certain % of my winnings on top of their fee.
frankgonzalez  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 3:01:36 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 696 time(s) in 531 post(s)
Originally Posted by: judi888 Go to Quoted Post
WORD OF CAUTION: Just because their profile says "federal attorney" doesn't mean they will fight for you. I started out with an amazing attorney but she left the firm then my case was transferred to a very lazy attorney who told me I didn't have a case before thoroughly going over my documents. I thought when you hire an attorney, they are supposed to prove your case. Well in my case he didn't. I filed an EEO complaint and he and the agency came up with reasonable accommodation. If you end up with a lazy attorney, don't waist your time or your money.

I did look for an attorney that would get paid if you win. I found a website and it is governed by your salary. If there were attorneys that would get paid when you win, they will be working extra hard to prove your case. I was thinking about maybe offering a certain % of my winnings on top of their fee.
Actually their job is to be your advocate, and be honest with you. If they only worked on contingency, fewer would consider taking any cases that were not guaranteed winners. As it stands, they need to be honest with you on their analysis of your case; good, bad or indifferent.

Just because you think you have a slam dunk case doesn't make it so. The facts and evidence need to be there. Some things that ain't right are not always an EEO case. And trying to shoehorn in a case that has no EEO basis or facts harms you more than the attorney. So they need to tell you that up front. Still want to fight? Okay...then our rates are....

If you want them to take it on contingency, expect a lot of "I don't think we will be taking this one on."
You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
pinesfederal  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 10:34:20 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Just wanted to share - check out Pines Federal, top-rated advocates for federal employees! Feel free to visit www.pinesfederal.com or call 800-801-0598 for all of your federal needs. :)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed