Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Career Planning and Development

Are you looking to get promoted?
Maybe a change in your federal career?
Need tips on resume writing to land a federal job?
Or how to increase your salary or get a pay raise?

Join this active discussion with others climbing the same challenging career ladder.

Consider ordering some helpful resources or read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues by visiting FederalDaily.com.

8 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Desertyeti  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2015 7:57:48 PM(UTC)
Desertyeti

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Applied back in March or April as part of group 15-1. Already done Video test and passed. How's everyone else progressing? Anyone know where they're looking to fill spots in the Southwest this time around?
agspectobe  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2015 7:17:13 AM(UTC)
agspectobe

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Desertyeti ... I know they filled at least one spot in the southwest for the class starting Sept 23 (EOD Aug 24) because I got the call last Friday for Nogales. MHC mentioned 4 possible spots for southwest so there must be at least 3 more spots for this class.
I think most of the people for this class are from the Aug 13 and 2014 applications. I was a 2013 application and held out for a port closer to home (Tucson).

Edited by user Monday, July 20, 2015 7:18:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Desertyeti  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2015 9:14:03 AM(UTC)
Desertyeti

Man
United States

Thanks AgSpec. I heard they recently lost a few people at Nogales and was curious about Lukeville and Douglas.
The office staff in Tucson seemed pretty thrilled that I already live near Lukeville and would be willing to stay in the area.

Apparently there aren't too many people willing to work these Az ports and stick around.

On a side note. How long did your pre hire take the first time? I've been told since I'm already in the fed system, it could be quicker than usual. But, each letter I've gotten, person I've talked to, and site I've seen say something different.
agspectobe  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2015 10:21:50 AM(UTC)
agspectobe

United States

Hey Yeti,

The first time around: I had my video test and medical last May, drug test in August, security was Dec-Jan ... from preliminary offer to call from scheduling on CASS was 9 months.
Second time around it took 4 weeks to get referred to scheduling because they had everything and nothing had expired (just did a medical update form). A week later I got the call.
If you already have an SF86 in the system the security part might go quicker (just an update), everything else is as they schedule.

The first class this year had EOD in early Feb and class started in March, after a delay because of the shutdown. I imagine the next class will similar in early 2016.

I know MHC would love to find people to accept the remote ports. Every time I have talked to MHC (4 now) they always have openings in Lukeville and Douglas, they always have Laredo too.
I wanted a bigger port and in AZ, more activity, so I held out for Nogales but I would have taken Douglas this time around, tired of waiting .. don't tell MHC.

Good luck .. and save copies of everything (electronic and hard copy), you never know when they will need something again or you will have to do over a form (medical or financial disclosure in my case), easier to start from the last one and then you can't forget anything from the previous forms.
Desertyeti  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2015 10:51:07 AM(UTC)
Desertyeti

Man
United States

Thanks for all the info. Currently coming to the end of year 3 in a 4 year term with FWS, so 9-12 months is about perfect (would be able to get off term and not leave the refuge in a bind. Although at this point, a permanent position would definitely take priority bind or no bind).

An old classmate of mine just left Nogales after 8 years as an AS there. Seemed to enjoy it (always something interesting passing through there I guess), been trying to talk me into it for several years. Apparently most of the CBPO's and AS's there live in Tucson or Green Valley anyway, so commuting might not be too bad for you.

Good luck at the training and thanks again.

sfjn83  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 2:06:02 PM(UTC)
sfjn83

United States

I too recently passed my structured interview and am waiting on the background check. I hoping to move back to Arizona and would be thrilled to take a post in Douglas.
Desertyeti  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 04, 2015 9:41:39 AM(UTC)
Desertyeti

Man
United States

Not sure if anyone who could answer this question is monitoring this thread, so I might have to start another thread.

I just received a request for a Provisional Clear form with a deadline of the 11th. Does that seem to indicate that they are getting ready to make an offer and try to get me into the Sept. training? Didn't seem to make sense that they would request it with a short deadline and then have me wait until January/February when my background investigation could potentially be done by then anyway.

Anyone out there been through this already?
agspectobe  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 04, 2015 11:09:15 AM(UTC)
agspectobe

United States

hi Desertyeti,

Do you have all the checks on CASS except the background? If so, maybe, but EOD for that class is 24Aug so time is getting short.
I filled one of those out last August but nothing happened until December. And my background wasn't done until this Feb.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 04, 2015 11:12:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked agspectobe for this useful post.
Desertyeti on 8/6/2015(UTC)
Desertyeti  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 04, 2015 1:11:25 PM(UTC)
Desertyeti

Man
United States

Ok, that's what I was wondering. No new checks on my CASS, but suddenly the page is showing everything twice. Can't get ahold of the investigator today and haven't had much luck getting responses to email questions so far. Lot's of "hurry up and wait" it seems. Seemed like that September class was a long shot, but they keep putting short deadlines on everything (4days on medical and 6 on waiver) which had me confused.
jlmart26  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2015 4:56:23 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Does anyone here know if they are going to fill spots in texas?
CO_AG  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2015 10:15:51 AM(UTC)
CO_AG

I also received the provisional clear form with deadline of Aug 8th. I checked CASS and have duplicate entries and same applicant ID.

I think you can get EOD and go to your port for 1 week before class starts. MHP would probably allow for 2 weeks to get to the port or duty station, so the deadline for "the call" is rapidly approaching.

Desertyeti  
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2015 10:17:39 AM(UTC)
Desertyeti

Man
United States

Not sure about Texas. Think I remember hearing that there were a couple. I know Az is looking for or will be looking for 4-10 people over the next several months.
CO_AG  
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2015 10:20:21 AM(UTC)
CO_AG

All of us provisional clear form pre-aggies are probably for backup calls, if people at the top of the list decline offers, and then MHC can move down the list.
Desertyeti  
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2015 11:45:27 AM(UTC)
Desertyeti

Man
United States

Could be. I know they are desperate to get people into a couple of the ports in Az, but it doesn't seem too likely at this point that any of us would make it in for this next class that starts Sept. 6. Would be an awfully quick turn around.

Think the next class would be Jan/Feb?, been telling my current employer to prepare for that (just in case).
agspectobe  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2015 1:30:34 PM(UTC)
agspectobe

United States

Hi Yeti, CO_AG,
My quick $0.02 ... My CASS also has my EOD date shown twice, odd.
My EOD is 24Aug, so if any of you are going to hear for the 23Sep class, it should be very soon. I do know that MHC was making calls for CBPOs as late as the Friday before the last CBPO EOD on Mon 3Aug ... could still happen for the next AGS class, in theory.
agspectobe  
#16 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2015 9:41:30 AM(UTC)
agspectobe

United States

Anyone else have an EOD of 24Aug in Nogales?
jlmart26  
#17 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2015 9:24:03 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I heard one of the ports in texas anzalduas poe is going to be adding a cargo facility in 2016 so that might get some aggies to go that port to fill the spots for cargo
CO_AG  
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2015 9:20:00 AM(UTC)
CO_AG

Originally Posted by: agspectobe Go to Quoted Post
Anyone else have an EOD of 24Aug in Nogales?

Wish I did!

Checked CASS again, and it is back to normal, that is, no duplicate entries.
CO_AG  
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2015 9:29:19 AM(UTC)
CO_AG

Originally Posted by: jlmart26 Go to Quoted Post
I heard one of the ports in texas anzalduas poe is going to be adding a cargo facility in 2016 so that might get some aggies to go that port to fill the spots for cargo

That would be a good and busy port. I have heard Reynosa is not too safe and not a good tourist spot, yet.
But McCallen is not too far from the beaches of Texas or Tamaulipas.
I used to go through Brownsville and to Matamoros with my family for good tourist fun.

The southern border along Texas would be a pretty neat place to work.

AG_zac  
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2015 5:20:34 PM(UTC)
AG_zac

United States

I am also in 15-1. passed vbt and medical. Filled the e-quip few months ago. waiting for background check n drug test
Rss Feed  Atom Feed