Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Immigration and Customs Enforcement

The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement is the largest investigative agency in the Department of Homeland Security, is responsible for enforcing the nation's immigration and customs laws. ICE has more than 20,000 employees working in 400 offices in the U.S. and around the world..

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ISOcmc2014  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2015 9:09:03 PM(UTC)
ISOcmc2014

Groups: Registered
United States

Does anyone out there know when or if ICE will open IEA or DRO positions to the public. I work for USCIS as an immigration Service Officer and am currently a GS-11. And will be a 12 February 8, 2016.

In addition to knowing if or when ICE will post a IEA or DRO position to the public. If I were to be lucky enough to be selected for this how would it work with my current grade. I have heard the IEA's might be getting a bump in GS level.

Thank you all.
Mike in VT  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 3:34:21 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 67 post(s)
I used to work for ICE but now with USCIS. This is what I was told regarding ERO positions. As of Sept. 30, the IEA position will no longer exist. They will fall under the Deportation Officer title. From my understanding, DOs will be GS-1801-5/7/9/11/12.

Apparently they will post to the public at entry level. Likely GS-5/7.

If you're an 11...prepare for a pay cut. The only exception is if they bring you in as a GS-5 Step 00. Which means, they COULD bring you in at your current pay and you would simply not get a pay raise until you've caught up with the GS-11. But I wouldn't bank on the Step 00. It doesn't happen very often. Back a few years ago when I was in the ICE 1811 process, I was a GS-11 in another ERO position and HR said I would get the GS-5 Step 00. But like I said...not sure if ERO will do this.
ISOcmc2014  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 3:48:12 AM(UTC)
ISOcmc2014

United States

Mike thanks for the insight. My office is in the same building as ICE now. Talking with one of the DO's here they told me about the gs 5 step 00 which I have never heard of before then. So we shall see. I can apply see what happens. If I'm told I'll start as a 5 1 or 10 then I don't have to take it. I don't mind being an ISO in the field.

Again thanks mike.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed