Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
baseball64  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 12:09:44 AM(UTC)
baseball64

Groups: Registered

I was recently sent a tentative offer email for a position at HUD. I completed my PIV appointment as well as my e-QIP questionnaire. What are the next steps in the process? Is there is a drug screening? If so, when will I be asked to complete that? How long does the e-QIP process take?

Edited by user Tuesday, September 22, 2015 12:28:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

hemihem  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 8:13:27 PM(UTC)
hemihem

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Refer to your job announcement regarding drug screening.

Security investigations can take as little as a couple of months to over two years.

You'll be screen for an interim that will allow you to work until you get a final.

If your unable to get the interim you'll be notified why and what the next step will be.
thanks 1 user thanked hemihem for this useful post.
ya2015 on 12/23/2015(UTC)
imi2012  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2016 7:43:24 PM(UTC)

Hello Folks,

I'm a fed with a current clearance who was selected for a position at HUD.

I accepted the TO that triggered 'my packet' getting sent to HUD security to hopefully initiate the process of fingerprinting, background checks, etc. Sure enough, I got an email within a week from PSDFederalIn-Box@hud.gov to go for my fingerprinting. I completed my PIV - Fingerprinting last week. Strangely, haven't been sent an eQIP though to initiate the background check. When I enquired when I should expect an eQIP , I was told that if anything else is needed, I will be contacted. I understand an eQIP is always needed, regardless of current status / clearance with your current agency. I am concerned that the delay / non-receipt of an eQIP questionnaire may affect the processing of my application and thus my EOD. Has anyone had any experience with the fingerprinting, background check etc. with HUD, who can shed some light on what the process at HUD really is. I can understand that they may not have their processes in order.

This would be a promotion for me, so I want to lock in my starting date asap.

Regards,

IM

Edited by user Friday, February 5, 2016 7:44:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: check the "watch this topic and receive notifications ...." option

PSUEds  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 4:21:36 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: imi2012 Go to Quoted Post
Hello Folks,

I'm a fed with a current clearance who was selected for a position at HUD.

I accepted the TO that triggered 'my packet' getting sent to HUD security to hopefully initiate the process of fingerprinting, background checks, etc. Sure enough, I got an email within a week from PSDFederalIn-Box@hud.gov to go for my fingerprinting. I completed my PIV - Fingerprinting last week. Strangely, haven't been sent an eQIP though to initiate the background check. When I enquired when I should expect an eQIP , I was told that if anything else is needed, I will be contacted. I understand an eQIP is always needed, regardless of current status / clearance with your current agency. I am concerned that the delay / non-receipt of an eQIP questionnaire may affect the processing of my application and thus my EOD. Has anyone had any experience with the fingerprinting, background check etc. with HUD, who can shed some light on what the process at HUD really is. I can understand that they may not have their processes in order.

This would be a promotion for me, so I want to lock in my starting date asap.

Regards,

IM

Hey IM,

I wish I had seen this earlier. I'm also coming from another agency and accepted a TO from HUD on 1/21. I was immediately sent my eQIP invitation and completed it that day followed by PIV - Fingerprinting on 2/12. I was told the background check would take 4-6 weeks but received the official offer today. I just need to work out a start date.

Any luck with your eQIP?

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to discuss. I was told during my phone interview that they were trying to hire two people so it's possible we're being hired together.

Good luck!

B
jsmith!@!  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2021 11:38:11 AM(UTC)
jsmith!@!

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The process should be relatively quick, like about a month or two I’m guessing, because it doesn’t sound like your position requires secret or top secret clearance. The equip can hold it up a couple weeks if you have things that need to be investigated. In my case in my current agency, I had a bankruptcy. Even though I don’t handle money and it’s irrelevant, they decided to make a big deal out of it. Government agencies like to do things like that!

Congrats on getting selected. HUD kicked my application out yesterday because my performance appraisal was more than a year old. They closed the job right after fiscal year end before most supervisors have an opportunity to process PAs. So, yes, it would potentially be over a year old.

It was clearly a tactic by HR to kick out applications so they wouldn’t have to review so many. And the response from HR was your typical condescending response. So much for trying to find the right candidate and putting personable people in HR.
Users that have trolled me in the past have had their profiles and replies hidden.
GRITS  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 5:54:02 AM(UTC)
GRITS

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
It's great to have a post on the HUD forum since it doesn't get a lot of traffic. For the most part, a lot of the posters have moved on it and have not logon in a few years per their profiles. Having the new updates that shows the actual dates/times of the original posts should be helpful when replying to all posts going forward.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed