Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
defiant81  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 3:30:48 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Just wanted to see if anything knew much about it. I'm going through my 5 year reinvestigation and was told by the investigator they must want it done quick..

Should I be concerned?l that they want it done so fast?

I'm over a year past the 5 year mark..
Thanks

Edited by user Friday, November 13, 2015 5:39:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Knight  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 5:12:30 PM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 480 time(s) in 396 post(s)
you answered you own question. They are behind and need to close cases. A redo is easy peasy and done.
Cowboyup  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 3:31:38 PM(UTC)
Cowboyup

United States

When did your reinvestigation open? Just wondering, mine opened in mid September 2015 and I have yet to hear from an investigator (for a TS/SCI).

Edited by user Monday, November 30, 2015 3:32:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

someoldguy  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 5:37:47 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 908 time(s) in 761 post(s)
If it is a periodic reinvestigation (or PR) and you are currently cleared and briefed and working, your case may go to the bottom of the pile and stay there. Priority may go to other cases such as new direct hire government folks and others who need a clearance to start working.

Then again if your case looks really simple they might move it through quickly to get their numbers up.

In other words, WHO KNOWS... surely not I.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
blueRoo  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 7:55:17 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Cowboyup Go to Quoted Post
When did your reinvestigation open? Just wondering, mine opened in mid September 2015 and I have yet to hear from an investigator (for a TS/SCI).

My very recent working 5-year re-up investigation took 17 months to complete. From the time I got notice of re-working the SF-86, investigations of the shoddy work from a contractor scandal, OPM breach scandal, interview-which was well over a year after my investigation was reopened, and fixing up and supplying some additional paperwork that was a pain, then just like that, it was done. The SF-86 process is more in depth than it has been in the past, new questions, new paperwork required that hadn't been required before. I think the OPM breach might have stretched things out for everyone? Seems my co-workers are all experiencing about the same time-frame, but mine was probably a few months longer than most. Like others have said, if you are currently working in the position and they are stretched for priorities, possibly going to focus more on the new hires than those who haven't had any problems and been there longer? Maybe your case fits that scenario?
Disclaimer: I've been told that I give POUNDS of bad advice about apparently everything, thus -- Take anything I say here with a pound of salt and ask someone else instead.
someoldguy  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 8:02:19 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

My five-year PR for TS/SCI went pretty quickly. That is, the investigation went quickly (about four months). Still in adjudication with a DoD agency that does not use DODCAF. Hopefully some progress soon.

But the investigation itself went smoothly.
EEngiNerd  
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2018 2:48:31 PM(UTC)
EEngiNerd

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
This is my 3d periodic reinvestigation and I must say the personal interviews questions this time were much different than the previous 2 iterations....

someoldguy  
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2018 5:22:18 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
My five-year PR for TS/SCI went pretty quickly. That is, the investigation went quickly (about four months). Still in adjudication with a DoD agency that does not use DODCAF. Hopefully some progress soon.

But the investigation itself went smoothly.

By the way they finally adjudicated that PR. Took over three years.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed