Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Career Planning and Development

Are you looking to get promoted?
Maybe a change in your federal career?
Need tips on resume writing to land a federal job?
Or how to increase your salary or get a pay raise?

Join this active discussion with others climbing the same challenging career ladder.

Consider ordering some helpful resources or read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues by visiting FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sam171  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2009 1:41:37 PM(UTC)
sam171

Groups: Registered

has anybody gone through the VBI for the CBPO job ? If so, how the interview is like and what they are looking for in the candidates ?

Is it like a traditional interview where you have to dressed up in a business causal attire and answer interview questions ? Or is it different ?
enid29  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2009 12:11:29 AM(UTC)
enid29

Check out the CBP.gov website it tells you all about it.
Or check out the delphi forum there are lots of posts http://forums.delphiforums.com/customsinspect/start
No one can tell you specifics as there is a confidentiality agreement you have to sign but you can get the general idea.
sam171  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 3:21:26 AM(UTC)
sam171

Buffalo Hopeful:

Many thanks for your information and congratulations that you passed the fitness test. The Step Test is very hard and I still think that it will be very difficult fpr me to pass (which is also my last chance).

My VBI is on Monday. I am already demoralized because I failed the Fitness Test so I do not know how my VBI will turn out. If that was not enough, I have also quit my job so that I can practice for the Step Test although I still belive the Step Test will be very difficult. This is nearly impossible to step up and down 120 times/ minute to the cadence.
enid29  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 11:04:34 AM(UTC)
enid29

good luck with the VBT I really think I did bad on that even though i passed the fitness test...but just relax and be yourself and when you are taking it don't worry about anything else but that test.

Also for the fitness test you are only stepping up 30 times it is 120 total steps...not impossible but definitely a challenge. Just keep practicing you can log onto cbp.gov and go to the careers you can play the audio of the test and practice right to that. That is what i did. The test was hard but just don't stop. Good luck!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed