Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BKRick  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2016 6:30:37 AM(UTC)
BKRick

Groups: Registered
United States

I applied to a job in November and was referred a while later, I never heard anything then I one day I was contact for an interview. I thought it went well but then I never heard back so I moved on. Suddenly I get a call asking if they can contact my references, they seemed surprised that nobody had contacted me. I got call from the hiring official and an email letting me know I was selected. Shortly after I was contact for some documents and I haven't heard anything since and its been two weeks. I also tried ringing the HR person I exchanged emails with and I can't get anyone on the phone. Is this normal or should I be chosen down another lead for a private sector job?

Long story short, I interned while getting my MBA at another agency and the summer I graduated I was told by someone at the agency I was 'all set' and just to apply and sit tight. Lo and behold I got an email from DC HR saying I wasn't qualified, I exchanged some emails with them and they seemed to have no idea about what the job really entailed so I got kind of screwed because I thought I was getting that job. Am I getting hosed again?

Rss Feed  Atom Feed