Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

56 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NotAnSAYet  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:11:49 AM(UTC)
NotAnSAYet

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Just got a Phase 1 invitation, and naturally I have a few questions:

1) Just out of curiosity, how long after your Phase 1 Test do you typically wait to submit a self-administered PFT? I'm just finishing therapy for a knee surgery, which I'm projected to have a full recovery from. I won't have a problem when I'mo recovered, but sprinting just isn't a thing for me right now (although it was when I applied).

2) Do "we" know of anybody who has relatives or close friends with criminal records that still got in to Quantico? I know it sounds like a dumb question, but you do have to list all family members to get a top secret clearance. I ask because my wife had a penchant for DWI's before I knew her. She hasn't even had a traffic ticket in the last 10 years though. And my brother has a record as well. I know that sounds like a lot, but this has been a dream of mine for a VERY long time. I never acted on it until now, and I'm pumped I got a Phase 1 invite.

That being said, good luck to all...unless it takes up a spot for me! ;-)
cpace44  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 12:28:37 PM(UTC)
cpace44

Originally Posted by: NotAnSAYet Go to Quoted Post
Just got a Phase 1 invitation, and naturally I have a few questions:

1) Just out of curiosity, how long after your Phase 1 Test do you typically wait to submit a self-administered PFT? I'm just finishing therapy for a knee surgery, which I'm projected to have a full recovery from. I won't have a problem when I'mo recovered, but sprinting just isn't a thing for me right now (although it was when I applied).

2) Do "we" know of anybody who has relatives or close friends with criminal records that still got in to Quantico? I know it sounds like a dumb question, but you do have to list all family members to get a top secret clearance. I ask because my wife had a penchant for DWI's before I knew her. She hasn't even had a traffic ticket in the last 10 years though. And my brother has a record as well. I know that sounds like a lot, but this has been a dream of mine for a VERY long time. I never acted on it until now, and I'm pumped I got a Phase 1 invite.

That being said, good luck to all...unless it takes up a spot for me! ;-)

2. They told me many times during poly/psi they didn't care too much about family members past arrests, especially if it was so long ago. My sister had a DUI and they pretty much said it isn't me and has nothing to do with me. It would be one thing if your wife or other relative was robbing a bank every week or was in $50,000 debt to loansharks, but something so far back I wouldn't worry at all.

I can't answer for the 1st part because I'm in the IA process.

Phase I: 8/24/15 (8/24/15)
Phase II: 9/2/15 (10/30/15)
Phase III: 3/14/16 (4/5/16)
CJO: 4/4/16
PSI: 4/12/16
Poly: 4/25/16
thanks 1 user thanked cpace44 for this useful post.
SApatientlion on 6/13/2017(UTC)
bryanfiji  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 11:13:16 AM(UTC)
bryanfiji

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I got the self PFT request about 4 weeks after passing Phase I. At the same time they asked to me to update my resume, and upload transcripts and other paperwork. They asked to have all that complete in 30 days.

That being said, after you pass Phase I, you get an informational packet that covers next steps, one of which is what to do if you have any injuries. Let your AC know about the surgery, because the next few steps are scheduled by your local office, and I'm sure they can work around it.
NotAnSAYet  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 9:22:07 AM(UTC)
NotAnSAYet

United States

Thanks for the info. It looks like I posted a bit prematurely, as I read the information packet shortly after my topic post, and I see where it says I can essentially get a medical waiver to delay my self-administered PFT. I'm not sure how much slack I'll get because this was an injury that occurred almost exactly a year ago. I didn't "NEED" the surgery because it was a cartilage transplant after I recovered from my ACL repair. The surgery happened after I formally applied though. Hopefully I'll be able to knock this rehab out fairly quickly because the first day I can walk without crutches is 6/1...the day before my Phase 1 test is due.

Is anybody else in here from Houston that got a P1 invite?
Askari  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 10:52:19 AM(UTC)
Askari

United States

I applied for SA and got an invitation to take phase I on the same day. I took it as soon as possible (within 3 days, which was this last Monday on 5/16) and got an email immediately after saying I passed. I suppose I am now waiting to hear from someone at my local field office... I guess I was spoiled that everything has gone so quickly for me thus far, was hoping to hear from them already so I could submit my PFT self eval. I'm also curious on what the average wait time is? And should I contact my FO if I don't hear from them next week, or is that kind of persistence seen as impatient behavior?
cyber_sa  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 6:12:44 PM(UTC)
cyber_sa

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Askari Go to Quoted Post
I applied for SA and got an invitation to take phase I on the same day. I took it as soon as possible (within 3 days, which was this last Monday on 5/16) and got an email immediately after saying I passed. I suppose I am now waiting to hear from someone at my local field office... I guess I was spoiled that everything has gone so quickly for me thus far, was hoping to hear from them already so I could submit my PFT self eval. I'm also curious on what the average wait time is? And should I contact my FO if I don't hear from them next week, or is that kind of persistence seen as impatient behavior?

Typically it's within 30 days of passing that Phase I. It took me around two weeks to receive an email with instructions to follow through on. As long as you are not nagging your Application Coordinator every few days, I'm sure it's fine to reach out. I'd wait till next week and then reach out to your local FO.
thanks 1 user thanked cyber_sa for this useful post.
Askari on 5/19/2016(UTC)
美國人  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 3:29:11 AM(UTC)
美國人

United States

Hi all,

How long is the usual interim between the Meet and Greet and Phase II invitation? Or is this different for each applicant? I'm just trying to gauge wait times to see if I'm in good order or if I flopped.
cyber_sa  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 4:03:29 AM(UTC)
cyber_sa

Originally Posted by: 美國人 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

How long is the usual interim between the Meet and Greet and Phase II invitation? Or is this different for each applicant? I'm just trying to gauge wait times to see if I'm in good order or if I flopped.

The wait time between the Meet and Greet and potential Phase II is actually quite erratic and differs between different field offices and is based on their individual schedules. I believe the way it works is that the local field office already has a Phase II schedule that it follows and FBI HQ works against that time line to grade your competitive rating. So if your field office has a Phase II scheduled 2 months from your Meet and Greet date then you will get your ratings and potentially an invitation to Phase II approximately 2-3 weeks ahead of that.

In my case I had 4 months between my Meet and Greet and Phase II date. You should be able to ask your AC about when the next round of Phase II interviews is set for.
thanks 1 user thanked cyber_sa for this useful post.
MissMo2 on 8/4/2016(UTC)
美國人  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 6:08:04 AM(UTC)
美國人

United States

Originally Posted by: cyber_sa Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 美國人 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

The wait time between the Meet and Greet and potential Phase II is actually quite erratic and differs between different field offices and is based on their individual schedules. I believe the way it works is that the local field office already has a Phase II schedule that it follows and FBI HQ works against that time line to grade your competitive rating. So if your field office has a Phase II scheduled 2 months from your Meet and Greet date then you will get your ratings and potentially an invitation to Phase II approximately 2-3 weeks ahead of that.

In my case I had 4 months between my Meet and Greet and Phase II date. You should be able to ask your AC about when the next round of Phase II interviews is set for.

As always, thanks again for your insight, cyber.

NotAnSAYet  
#10 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 11:51:13 AM(UTC)
NotAnSAYet

United States

I've seen a lot of people referencing Application Coordinators (AC). Is this a person you will be assigned after successful completion of your Phase 1 Test?

Thanks
cyber_sa  
#11 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 2:17:59 PM(UTC)
cyber_sa

Originally Posted by: NotAnSAYet Go to Quoted Post
I've seen a lot of people referencing Application Coordinators (AC). Is this a person you will be assigned after successful completion of your Phase 1 Test?

Thanks

Applicant Coordinators are individuals(one or more) from your local field office who basically run the hiring process from that respective field office. Typically they are also Special Agents and establish contact with the Special Agent applicant after successfully passing Phase I.

islandgrl  
#12 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 4:41:09 PM(UTC)
islandgrl

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this thread, although I have been following this one closely and the 2015 SA ever since I was invited to Phase 1. I wanted to post because I have seen questions on "timeframes" along with the recent question about AC's and the respective answer, and I wanted to share my experience with this, since it has been completely different, apparently, from most posts I have read.

I applied to the TN on November 1, 2015. Four days later I received the invitation to apply for the SA position which I did right away. I received the P1 invite on Feb 4, 2016 and took it (and passed) on Feb 24. The email congratulating me for passing said I would be contacted by my local FO for information on submitting the S-PFT, which we are supposed to send within 30 days of passing P1 (would've been Mar 24), per the Candidate Bulletin. Three weeks went by and I didn't receive anything from my local FO, so I got on their website and contacted their main line. They forwarded my call to the "AC", but it was to her voicemail. I left a message and about 3 days later (Mar 17) I received an email from her explaining she heard my message, that my next step was to sit and wait for an invitation to a M&G and that it took a long time.

I did hang on for about 2 more weeks and then started freaking out again when the posts here kept advising others to submit the S-PFT within 30 days regardless of if you were asked for it or not. I kept roaming the threads and held on for another 2 weeks, meaning I had no contact with the local FO in the month of April.

Friday of last week I had another "freak-out" and decided to email the AC just letting her know that I was worried about the S-PFT because from what I had "heard" (here) we don't move on to M&G and P2 until the S-PFT is submitted, and it was way over the 30 days for me, and that I just wanted to verify I was not doing this wrong. I never received an answer from her BUT... yesterday I received an email from FBIJOBS stating I needed to answer "additional questions" for my application to move forward. When I logged in and looked at the "questionnaire" waiting for me, it is the S-PFT! I have not heard of anyone here mentioning they submit it through the "jobs" website and that took me completely by surprise. Both the email and the questionnaire state I have until June 20, 2016 to submit the answers (30 days). So it seems the 30 days don't necessarily start from the day you pass Phase 1. In my case, it is 30 days from when they requested it and I don't have to send it to my AC, I have to just answer the questions with my scores on the jobs website. :-)

LOL I just noticed this is a long message and I apologize to those that don't like to read!! :-) I guess I needed to vent a little and also add to the thread another "way" the FBI does things for some applicants. I will be submitting the S-PFT within the next 2/3 weeks and will share any updates on my status here after that.

Thanks for "watching" and big, big thanks to everyone that comes out of "lurking" and posts... every single bit of information and the questions shared here have helped me a lot when the "timeline freak-outs" start to happen!! I am very excited that there is finally some movement in my SA process!
thanks 5 users thanked islandgrl for this useful post.
Askari on 5/20/2016(UTC), cyber_sa on 5/21/2016(UTC), nernl on 5/21/2016(UTC), pahunter22 on 5/21/2016(UTC), papaxyang on 5/21/2016(UTC)
actionj  
#13 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 5:46:37 PM(UTC)
actionj

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: islandgrl Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this thread, although I have been following this one closely and the 2015 SA ever since I was invited to Phase 1. I wanted to post because I have seen questions on "timeframes" along with the recent question about AC's and the respective answer, and I wanted to share my experience with this, since it has been completely different, apparently, from most posts I have read.

I applied to the TN on November 1, 2015. Four days later I received the invitation to apply for the SA position which I did right away. I received the P1 invite on Feb 4, 2016 and took it (and passed) on Feb 24. The email congratulating me for passing said I would be contacted by my local FO for information on submitting the S-PFT, which we are supposed to send within 30 days of passing P1 (would've been Mar 24), per the Candidate Bulletin. Three weeks went by and I didn't receive anything from my local FO, so I got on their website and contacted their main line. They forwarded my call to the "AC", but it was to her voicemail. I left a message and about 3 days later (Mar 17) I received an email from her explaining she heard my message, that my next step was to sit and wait for an invitation to a M&G and that it took a long time.

I did hang on for about 2 more weeks and then started freaking out again when the posts here kept advising others to submit the S-PFT within 30 days regardless of if you were asked for it or not. I kept roaming the threads and held on for another 2 weeks, meaning I had no contact with the local FO in the month of April.

Friday of last week I had another "freak-out" and decided to email the AC just letting her know that I was worried about the S-PFT because from what I had "heard" (here) we don't move on to M&G and P2 until the S-PFT is submitted, and it was way over the 30 days for me, and that I just wanted to verify I was not doing this wrong. I never received an answer from her BUT... yesterday I received an email from FBIJOBS stating I needed to answer "additional questions" for my application to move forward. When I logged in and looked at the "questionnaire" waiting for me, it is the S-PFT! I have not heard of anyone here mentioning they submit it through the "jobs" website and that took me completely by surprise. Both the email and the questionnaire state I have until June 20, 2016 to submit the answers (30 days). So it seems the 30 days don't necessarily start from the day you pass Phase 1. In my case, it is 30 days from when they requested it and I don't have to send it to my AC, I have to just answer the questions with my scores on the jobs website. :-)

LOL I just noticed this is a long message and I apologize to those that don't like to read!! :-) I guess I needed to vent a little and also add to the thread another "way" the FBI does things for some applicants. I will be submitting the S-PFT within the next 2/3 weeks and will share any updates on my status here after that.

Thanks for "watching" and big, big thanks to everyone that comes out of "lurking" and posts... every single bit of information and the questions shared here have helped me a lot when the "timeline freak-outs" start to happen!! I am very excited that there is finally some movement in my SA process!

I was. and still am, confused about the role of the S-PFT. I submitted it right away, but am wondering if I should've waited. I have not heard from anyone after submitting it two weeks ago. Do you know how much of an integral role it plays on moving on to the Meet & Greet?
ARAY  
#14 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 7:11:58 AM(UTC)
ARAY

United States

If I can give a bit of advice in regards to the process it would be to have patience. I applied in March of 2013 and I just received my Academy date for June. Just go on with life, and make sure to stay in shape for whenever you are asked to pass the PFT. I think its okay to check in maybe once a month or every other month, but don't get into the habit of asking the same question. You will find that for the most part you will receive the same answer of "we haven't heard anything from FBIHQ." The timeline varies for each applicant. Some get through the process extremely fast, and others have to wait a while. Just my two cents.
actionj  
#15 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 10:06:28 AM(UTC)
actionj

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: dp215 Go to Quoted Post
My process is moving very fast. It's spoiling me because I know the promptness is going to end soon.

Applied, invited to phase 1, took and passed phase 1, and notified about self-PFT all in 2 weeks time.

Do you understand the S-PFT submission? I am worried that I submitted it too quickly. What all does it entail?
actionj  
#16 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 10:20:41 AM(UTC)
actionj

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: actionj Go to Quoted Post
My process is moving very fast. It's spoiling me because I know the promptness is going to end soon.

Applied, invited to phase 1, took and passed phase 1, and notified about self-PFT all in 2 weeks time.

Do you understand the S-PFT submission? I am worried that I submitted it too quickly. What all does it entail?

Received an automated e-mail from FBIJobs saying to submit by 6/23. Logged into my account and saw a request to complete questionnaire. Once opened, it asks you to check boxes with your PFT score.

How pertinent is it to the process?
actionj  
#17 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 10:45:02 AM(UTC)
actionj

Woman
United States

Received an automated e-mail from FBIJobs saying to submit by 6/23. Logged into my account and saw a request to complete questionnaire. Once opened, it asks you to check boxes with your PFT score.

How pertinent is it to the process?

Put it this way, if you don't submit a passing score on the Self-PFT, you won't move forward. As I believe someone else mentioned to you.

Thanks for the insight. I remember someone mentioning that. What I am curious about is how do I know if it is considered passing or not? I based it off my abilities and the 'score chart.' I am just on edge while waiting for the meet & greet, I suppose.
danny16  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 5:22:27 AM(UTC)
danny16

I applied to the SA talent network in April 2016 and received an email beginning of May 2016 asking for some clarification on my application. I just received my invitation to Phase I testing so am excited and nervous. I don't understand why the situational judgment has 7 choices? Is there a scorable difference between putting a 6 or a 7, even though they are both considered "highly effective" ?
SA Talent Network: 04/2016
Phase I Invitation: 05/2016
Pass Phase I: 05/2016
S-PFT: 05/2016
danny16  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 10:53:47 AM(UTC)
danny16

I passed Phase I
SA Talent Network: 04/2016
Phase I Invitation: 05/2016
Pass Phase I: 05/2016
S-PFT: 05/2016
islandgrl  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 11:07:20 AM(UTC)
islandgrl

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: danny16 Go to Quoted Post
I passed Phase I

Congrats!!! :-)

thanks 1 user thanked islandgrl for this useful post.
danny16 on 5/25/2016(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed