Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

57 Pages«<555657
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WOLF  
#1121 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 6:00:37 PM(UTC)
WOLF

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: emaichbe03 Go to Quoted Post
@WOLF - you ever consider calling your primary background investigator and be like “hey can I help you with something?”. I just wonder if they’re hung up on something that you could help resolve.

I have considered it, several times, but haven’t called him. I do know from talking to him back in May that he was responsible for the portion of the BI from where I currently live and work. Since I lived in a few other places, there will be other investigators for those areas. But even so, I can’t see how it is taking so long.

Thanks for bringing that up, good suggestion. I am going to give him a call and ask to see if there is anything I can do. Thanks!

WOLF  
#1122 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 6:04:25 PM(UTC)
WOLF

United States

i've been in background as defined by the fbijobs system for near 2 months now, but was told by my recruiter that my actual BI hasn't even started yet. just interesting piece of information regarding the disparity.

That was about the same timeframe for me. FBIJobs had me in background as of March and was contacted in Mat by the background investigator. Hopefully you hear something soon!

WOLF  
#1123 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 6:07:11 PM(UTC)
WOLF

United States

Originally Posted by: blu398 Go to Quoted Post
How often do most people check in with their AC? Do you guys do an occasional check-in or only when something changes?

I've been in BI for 3 months and haven't had any contact with my AC as I don't want to bother them, knowing it's a waiting game. But I also am very near the age cutoff so if I get stuck in the BI for a year, I'll get the old age boot.

My AC said to check in every couple months. That seems like a good time for us and probably for most people. That way you can be like “hey, I’m still here!”

Radio Silence  
#1124 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:23:27 AM(UTC)
Radio Silence

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WOLF Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Slinkyl Go to Quoted Post
Anyone still here waiting for adjudication from the 2016 application class?

I'm with you guys, applied Aug 2016. HQ returned my medical in Sep 17 asking for a follow-up because of my VA disability rating (which isn't actually accurate, LONG story). Competed the medical follow up in Oct 17 (passed with ease) and now back to waiting. My clearance isn't complete either. Granted I moved often due to the military, I've maintained a TS/SCI for 18 years and yet I still wait. People with no clearance ever have gone faster then me. And to put icing on the cake, I require an age waiver which will add even more time to my process. So the March class sounds about right for me, March of 2019! I may be a front runner for longest application timeline. I'm contemplating when is the time to throw in the towel as my current job was meant as a filler job while I wait for Q...

I hope you all make it in soon!

You are not alone WOLF! I applied in Feb 2016. Like you, I had a med follow-up in Oct and am still waiting for clearance. All I can say is to keep faith and stay the course.
thanks 1 user thanked Radio Silence for this useful post.
WOLF on 1/13/2018(UTC)
StuckInTheAbyss  
#1125 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 11:41:21 AM(UTC)
StuckInTheAbyss

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I was with you all until recently when I found out that I was discontinued for suitability reasons (see details in the long post I just put up). A kick in the gut to say the least. Not sure if I can re-apply again in the future, but I'll give it a go and find out. Good luck to the rest of you. Keep the faith.
Applied-8/14
P1-9/14
M/G-12/14
P2-2/15 (Fail)
Re-apply-5/16
M&G#2-6/16
PH2 #2-11/16
BI Initiated-11/16
PSI/Poly/Med-12/16
TheWaitingGame  
#1126 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 1:08:27 PM(UTC)
TheWaitingGame

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Been away a while, life got busy.

I am still stuck in background, no word and not one follow up.
Security Started 6/2017
References Contacted 8/2017
Medically Cleared 10/2017
emaichbe03  
#1127 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 1:37:44 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 22 post(s)
was wondering what's been going on with you. i was hoping you were quiet bc you went to january or were selected for march and were trying to go dark mode like some do.
TheWaitingGame  
#1128 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 1:47:02 PM(UTC)
TheWaitingGame

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
was wondering what's been going on with you. i was hoping you were quiet bc you went to january or were selected for march and were trying to go dark mode like some do.

Nothing that exciting, just had a few qualifying races I was focusing on and since my AC said not to expect to hear anything till 2018 I just put it in the back of my mind :)
Security Started 6/2017
References Contacted 8/2017
Medically Cleared 10/2017
Rss Feed  Atom Feed