Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

56 Pages«<545556
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
emaichbe03  
#1101 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 10:16:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
i've been in background as defined by the fbijobs system for near 2 months now, but was told by my recruiter that my actual BI hasn't even started yet. just interesting piece of information regarding the disparity.

Edited by user Thursday, November 16, 2017 11:32:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added last sentence as to the point of me posting

blu398  
#1102 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 10:57:22 AM(UTC)
blu398

How often do most people check in with their AC? Do you guys do an occasional check-in or only when something changes?

I've been in BI for 3 months and haven't had any contact with my AC as I don't want to bother them, knowing it's a waiting game. But I also am very near the age cutoff so if I get stuck in the BI for a year, I'll get the old age boot.

emaichbe03  
#1103 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 11:31:22 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
probably monthly. and i have more luck with the administrative assistant than the AC. the admin. also seems to know just as much if not more, especially wrt paperwork.

if you're in BI, i would say a monthly check-in is worthwhile. if you just passed phase I, i would say it could be more often because those phases tick through more quickly.

in my previous applications, i was super worried about bugging them and i know i was forgotten. the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

if you're in BI and are close to age cut-off, i'd been on their butt pretty frequently.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
blu398 on 11/16/2017(UTC)
#1104 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 12:47:40 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: New2this15 Go to Quoted Post
Here is to hoping for us all!

So i just happen to check the jobs.gov website and the status date updated Monday; then AC called me Tuesday to inform adj complete.

Congrats! Is the BI date on your timeline based on the fbijobs date, or when your references were first contacted?

Mine started late Aug according to the jobs site, but references weren't contacted until Oct.
Applied/P1 - 4/17
M&G - 5/17
P2 - 7/17
PFT - 8/17
PSI/Poly - 9/17
BI - 10/17
Rss Feed  Atom Feed