Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

49 Pages«<474849
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
futurefbiagent2018  
#961 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 7:19:50 AM(UTC)
futurefbiagent2018

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: StarsFellOn Go to Quoted Post
@futurefbiagent2018 - I understand.

Also, the email that I received doesn't match what my online status says either, which doesn't match their actions...hence me getting another job during this loathsome wait. For instance, my poly expired, and there's been no movement to invite me to re-take, despite promises to the contrary...anyway, no more whining. ;) That's why I got the job with FSA, gotta' take care of me, ya' know?

There are many people on the same boat with expired polys. I think its counterproductive and a waste of resources for sure. I hope that overtime, this hiring process gets better, we cant do anything on our end to speed up the process.
Hawaii808  
#962 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 7:31:37 AM(UTC)
Hawaii808

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: futurefbiagent2018 Go to Quoted Post
@futurefbiagent2018 - I understand.

Also, the email that I received doesn't match what my online status says either, which doesn't match their actions...hence me getting another job during this loathsome wait. For instance, my poly expired, and there's been no movement to invite me to re-take, despite promises to the contrary...anyway, no more whining. ;) That's why I got the job with FSA, gotta' take care of me, ya' know?

There are many people on the same boat with expired polys. I think its counterproductive and a waste of resources for sure. I hope that overtime, this hiring process gets better, we cant do anything on our end to speed up the process.

You have one year to get a class date from your date of adjudication before the FBI has to start a re-investigation. @Starsfellon, this means you have until March (I'm assuming that's your adjudication date) to get a class date before your stuff starts to "expire".

Regardless, this whole process is rather ridiculous and probably leads to the FBI losing a plethora of qualified candidates. I also don't understand why if they have a number of cleared, "critical skills" candidates, why can't they just send out emails for the entire FY 2018 letting applicants know which class they have been placed in? Even if an applicant were told they were starting in July, at least it would offer some clarity, and allow people to plan their lives.
StarsFellOn  
#963 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 7:42:54 AM(UTC)
StarsFellOn

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
@Hawaii808 - I was under the impression - corrections welcome - that the poly expires in 1 year, but that may be (as it is for me) different than the adjudication date. Unless they just treat the whole thing as a "package" so to speak...?
App: 4/2016
Last Processing Date: 3/2017
5/2017 Email: Cleared for Hire & Yes Critical Skills
Hawaii808  
#964 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 7:53:15 AM(UTC)
Hawaii808

@Hawaii808 - I was under the impression - corrections welcome - that the poly expires in 1 year, but that may be (as it is for me) different than the adjudication date. Unless they just treat the whole thing as a "package" so to speak...?

@StarsfellOn, I spoke to somebody in HR and was told they are filling classes based on adjudication dates - and you have one year from that date. Therefore, if you were cleared in March 2016, they will try to get in you in a class before March 2017, as to avoid having to re-investigate you.

There's so much misinformation going around though, so I could be completely wrong. IMO, it makes sense that it would be a year from adjudication date, as some people sit in background for almost a year, and sometimes even longer than that! Therefore, somebody could have their poly in January 2016, get cleared in December 2017, and then have to go back in just a couple weeks later to re-take their poly. Doesn't make much sense to me?
StarsFellOn  
#965 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 8:16:39 AM(UTC)
StarsFellOn

United States

@Hawaii808 - you know what cracked me up? I got the email in May 2017 that read, "by now you should know you were favourably adjudicated" and I was like, "BY NOW I SHOULD KNOW???" By what means was I supposed to know this? If YOU (the FBI) didn't tell me this, how was I supposed to know? Either the carrier pigeon got lost or I wan't receiving your ESP waves. By now I should know!!!??? Who told me? IF YOU DIDN"T TELL ME, I DON"T KNOW THIS!!! LOL, I truly laughed out loud. *Sigh...*
Hawaii808  
#966 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 8:24:13 AM(UTC)
Hawaii808

@Hawaii808 - you know what cracked me up? I got the email in May 2017 that read, "by now you should know you were favourably adjudicated" and I was like, "BY NOW I SHOULD KNOW???" By what means was I supposed to know this? If YOU (the FBI) didn't tell me this, how was I supposed to know? Either the carrier pigeon got lost or I wan't receiving your ESP waves. By now I should know!!!??? Who told me? IF YOU DIDN"T TELL ME, I DON"T KNOW THIS!!! LOL, I truly laughed out loud. *Sigh...*

hahaha. I got the same exact thing and reached out to my AC, who did indeed confirm that i had been "favorably adjudicated". I was adjudicated on May 30, so arguably have until then to get into a class?

In the meantime, I've taken a job that I don't love, thinking that I would have had some concrete knowledge about a start date by this point. Sigh. I also have an offer (agent position) with another agency that will most likely start in the April-June time frame, so now trying to weigh out if I think the FBI is really going to give me a class date.
futurefbiagent2018  
#967 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 8:46:50 AM(UTC)
futurefbiagent2018

United States

So much uncertainty and even when you're going through the process, nothing guarantees you'll get the job, which puts your life goals and plans on hold for 1-2 years, maybe longer in some situations. This is what I find frustrating, as well as the lack of app updates with concrete information on progress, even after passing BI and poly. I don't understand why it takes this long.
StarsFellOn  
#968 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 9:07:59 AM(UTC)
StarsFellOn

United States

@Hawaii808 and @futurefbiagaent2018 -I FEEL YOU!

I don't think it's very respectful of people to do this to them...there HAS to be a better way.

Anyway. Hang in there, and continued good luck! Chin up and all that.
Lawyered  
#969 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 9:41:37 AM(UTC)
Lawyered

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Chiming in to voice my frustration as well. Received an email back in March from my AC that I was favorably adjudicated. Was really hoping for January. Recently emailed every contact I had to get some sort of clarity and radio silence.

Continued good luck to all!
NoMoreWaitingPlz  
#970 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 11:50:04 AM(UTC)
NoMoreWaitingPlz

Anyone get their packet for January class yet? Still waiting. Hoping the first week of December thing is true.
StarsFellOn  
#971 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 11:49:19 AM(UTC)
StarsFellOn

United States

Question/hypothesis: is it possible that newer cyber and foreign language applicants/CJOs are being assigned to Quantico classes ahead of those without these two specific skills...? Is there a lot of pressure (from Intelligence Oversight Ctte, for example) to bulk up on these skills? Does anyone know / have an ear to the ground about how CJOs are prioritized...? Or is it truly the "assign by adjudication date" like Hawaii808 was told. Anyone out there with info...ANYONE...? :)

Also - is there a reserved number of seats in each class for IAs? I was reading some of the other threads, i.e. for SAs, and some new cyber SA applicants (who applied way after I did, for example) are getting Quantico dates before IAs...comments? What's the method to the madness?

Anyone have any news?
watchfulpatience  
#972 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 12:49:33 PM(UTC)
watchfulpatience

United States

I fall under the Cyber category, and I first turned my application in on June 6, 2016 (late for that application cycle). They closed the job before I even got an interview slot. I don't think it has sped up the process for me at least, though I'm not sure how a Quantico placement would go after the CJO.

I know I read somewhere that there are IAs in all classes, though there are a lot more spaces for SAs, which is part of the reason their timeline to Quantico seems to be going faster. I want to say a quarter of classes are reserved for IAs, but I could be making that up.
NoMoreWaitingPlz  
#973 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 4:44:36 PM(UTC)
NoMoreWaitingPlz

Anyone get their packet yet for January class?
CRBLA920  
#974 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2017 10:04:14 AM(UTC)
CRBLA920

United States

Hey everyone! Haven't posted in a while, but thought I’d say CONGRATS to everyone in the January class!!

I recently reached out to my applicant coordinator and found out that my BI has been completed, and that I am now in the pool waiting for a class date. Yay!

Does anyone know if there tend to be set dates that the classes start around? I recently became engaged, and am now in the beginning stages of wedding planning. Does anyone know if there are months throughout the year that classes do not happen? Or if the dates for 2018 classes have been set?

Thanks in advance!
Applied: 5/14/2016
PI: 6/11/2016
PII: 6/17/2016 (8/8/2016)
PIII: 12/15/2016 (12/20/2016)
CJO: 5/19/2017
PSI: 6/23/2017
maniacmcgoo  
#975 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 3:31:13 AM(UTC)
maniacmcgoo

Was thanked: 92 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Classes are typically every other month. January, March, May, July etc etc.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed