Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

45 Pages«<434445
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ElizabethEC  
#881 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 5:55:04 AM(UTC)
ElizabethEC

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
What commute - you don't know where you're going to be. They could send you to Topeka. Then, unless you live in Topeka, you'd *really* be complaining about a commute.
amandamariegh  
#882 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:16:31 AM(UTC)
amandamariegh

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: torched Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: amandamariegh Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone.

On the My Submissions page in the FBIJOBS Applicant Portal, my location now says Washington - I'm pretty sure it used to be blank. I was not given a location when I got my CJO and have been told I won't find out until the 5th week of training. Is this still true? I'm noticing a lot of CJOs now come with locations.

For some background, I applied 2/16, got my CJO 5/16, was approved for hire 6/17 (yes, I had a 13 month BI), and haven't heard a peep from anyone since.

If anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

I can confirm 100% that CJOs do display locations. But this doesn't mean 100% of CJOs for all positions.

The reason yours says Washington is because, like you said, you receive your FO assignment during the 5th week -- absolutely correct -- which means your locality during your time at training will be the D.C. region. So technically, while in training, your "FO" or "assigned location" is Washington, D.C. I can confirm that this is also true for SOS positions.

Thanks for the information, Torched!
App: 2/16
CJO: 5/16
Adjudicated: 6/17
KineticsYeast  
#883 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 11:47:38 AM(UTC)
KineticsYeast

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
That's it... game over.

My AC just contacted me to tell me that I have not been approved for hire.

Not sure if it was openly admitting to growing a pot plant in college, not paying taxes on a cash job I had for a few months right after college, a tiff I had with my supervisor a few years back, or cursing out my neighbor a few months back...

I have been informed that I may find out what the reason was when I receive official notification.

Wow...

Good luck guys.

Edited by user Thursday, August 17, 2017 12:22:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added information

PI 160602 (0611)
PII 160621 (0727)
PIII 170426 (0503)
CJO 170515
PSI 170531
Poly 170607 (0609)
BI 170628
NA 170817
IAhopeful05  
#884 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 12:54:51 PM(UTC)
IAhopeful05

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
For those wondering, you should find out your location in the final job offer letter. Might be different in my case since I was told in the email up front that accepting the SOS position would mean working in DC. My CJO for the IA position did also say Washington DC FWIW.

Also sorry to hear Kinetics :(

Edited by user Thursday, August 17, 2017 12:56:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

IASP
PI:5/9/16
PII:5/16/16
PIII:9/28/16
CJO:10/11/16
Poly:11/21/16
Cleared for hire: 3/23/17
EOD:9/24/17
KineticsYeast  
#885 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 6:01:08 PM(UTC)
KineticsYeast

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thanks @IAhopeful05.

So, I went through and made a timeline and I am almost 100% sure HQ pulled my application due to not paying taxes on ~$1800 during the summer of 2009. Seems like this may be an automatic disqualifier.

My BI was initiated by HQ on 20170628 and I was contacted directly by my SI on 20170629 via phone around 1800. He told me that he was going to contact my supervisors that evening and this was confirmed the next morning. I emailed my AC the next morning and she indicated to me that she was out of the office on Thursday the 29th and was told of the initiation of my BI late the day before. She also indicated that HQ wanted me to clarify why I hadn't paid taxes during the summer of 2009 and she gave me until 20170710 to reply. I of course replied immediately making a joke about being young and dumb, but then making an official answer of not keeping record of my hours nor earnings and being paid in cash. I indicated that I disclosed this fact as it was right outside of the 7 year window in the SF86 and I was asked if I had "ever" not paid federal taxes during my PSI. I added that if I had not disclosed this fact, I felt that my application would be incomplete and dishonest. My AC replied that I did the right thing by telling the truth and she would forward my answer to HQ.

By my account, over the next two weeks, the SI interviewed 7 to 10 people including 2 supervisors, 1 current and 1 former, at least 3 former and current coworkers, 1 reference and several neighbors. The last interview to my knowledge that was conducted occurred on 20170713, this is because I almost ran into the SI when he was meeting with my coworker and she told me afterward of her meeting with him.

It appears that my credit was never pulled (nothing is on my credit report). So I have HQ to thank for a few extra points there!

I am pretty sure that they let the SI conduct all of the interviews that he had scheduled and then pulled him back afterward once they deemed that I was disqualified.

So looks like I probably won't have the ability to challenge the decision if I was automatically DQ'ed.

Anyways, a little about myself since it doesn't matter anymore...

I have a PhD in chemistry with a concentration in enzymology (enzyme kinetics) and biophysics from a top 10 university in the US. I currently have 4 first author, peer-reviewed publications, have presented my work multiple times at national meetings, and should be able to apply for a provisional patent on my current work (bioprocess engineering) in the coming months. I have taught at the college level, mentored a handful of undergraduates in my lab, 2 of which are currently at Harvard and are the second authors on 3 of my 4 papers, and had a short stint of reserve military service.

Edited by user Thursday, August 17, 2017 6:02:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Typos

PI 160602 (0611)
PII 160621 (0727)
PIII 170426 (0503)
CJO 170515
PSI 170531
Poly 170607 (0609)
BI 170628
NA 170817
Rss Feed  Atom Feed