Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

39 Pages«<373839
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LTLurker  
#761 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2017 2:03:51 PM(UTC)
LTLurker

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: torched Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LTLurker Go to Quoted Post

Hopefully this means we'll all be moving forward a bit quicker now that no more new applications are coming in.

Yes! I'm so glad a posting didn't go up in spring as I expected it to, so hopefully it means I can re-interview next year and not feel like I really lost out on anything (assuming I pass). Of course it sucks for those who want to apply, but I guess they'll just have to wait like we all did.

I'm pretty sure your application will be active the whole time and you'll be reinvited after a one year wait without having to reapply.

But yes to every pro there's always a con.

I'm sure more will open up later. There's a lot of talent in the country and a lot of passion.
GloriousCandy  
#762 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 2:27:33 PM(UTC)
GloriousCandy

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello, first time poster, but I've been reading through the thread for about a year now as I wait for the process to move along. I have a question about class selection, if anyone knows the answer. If you are one of the analysts tentatively slotted for a class either this year or in 2018, did you receive notification of this from your FO? It seems the standard for the bulk of the background and selection phase is radio silence with a few of the FAQ emails thrown in, so just curious if anyone is aware of tentative fills.

As for myself, I've been in the background process since September 2016 but didn't receive the email about critical skills or being selected for a future class. I possess 4 of the 5 critical skills, so I know I have them; it's likely I just haven't been adjudicated and therefore no email. However, a small part of me really wants to believe that there are a few of us with similar timelines that might be one of the tentative fills. Might be reading into things a bit much there, but gotta' keep that hope alive! Hope everyone is having a great father's day weekend!
Apply: May 2016
Phase 1/2: June 2016
Phase 3: July 2016
CJO: August 2016
PSI/Poly: September 2016
BI: October 2016 - Current
IA_Waiting03  
#763 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 7:27:51 PM(UTC)
IA_Waiting03

United States

Originally Posted by: GloriousCandy Go to Quoted Post
Hello, first time poster, but I've been reading through the thread for about a year now as I wait for the process to move along. I have a question about class selection, if anyone knows the answer. If you are one of the analysts tentatively slotted for a class either this year or in 2018, did you receive notification of this from your FO? It seems the standard for the bulk of the background and selection phase is radio silence with a few of the FAQ emails thrown in, so just curious if anyone is aware of tentative fills.

As for myself, I've been in the background process since September 2016 but didn't receive the email about critical skills or being selected for a future class. I possess 4 of the 5 critical skills, so I know I have them; it's likely I just haven't been adjudicated and therefore no email. However, a small part of me really wants to believe that there are a few of us with similar timelines that might be one of the tentative fills. Might be reading into things a bit much there, but gotta' keep that hope alive! Hope everyone is having a great father's day weekend!

I received an offer for the September class back in January. The offer letter came from HQ, not my FO. From my understanding, once your background investigation is completed your FO doesn't have anything to do with the process beyond that. In other words, before I got my September class offer my contact at my FO was just as clueless as I was about what class I would end up in.
GloriousCandy  
#764 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 8:13:03 PM(UTC)
GloriousCandy

United States

Originally Posted by: IA_Waiting03 Go to Quoted Post

I received an offer for the September class back in January. The offer letter came from HQ, not my FO. From my understanding, once your background investigation is completed your FO doesn't have anything to do with the process beyond that. In other words, before I got my September class offer my contact at my FO was just as clueless as I was about what class I would end up in.

Definitely good to know; I remember you saying you got the offer pretty early, congratulations! Just knowing the FO is about as clueless as I am about the process makes it a bit easier. I guess any knowledge about the process is better than none! I recall someone saying in another post that the inner working of HQ are a mystery to us all, so probably best to settle back and keep on waiting (hurry up and wait, as we'd say in the military). I hope the best for everyone here that's been trucking along in the process; the past year has certainly been a bumpy ride with the hiring freeze, discontinued apps, critical skill requirements, etc. Keep hanging in there and we'll get there eventually - it's definitely worth it.
IA_Waiting03  
#765 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 8:26:00 PM(UTC)
IA_Waiting03

United States

Originally Posted by: IA_Waiting03 Go to Quoted Post

Definitely good to know; I remember you saying you got the offer pretty early, congratulations! Just knowing the FO is about as clueless as I am about the process makes it a bit easier. I guess any knowledge about the process is better than none! I recall someone saying in another post that the inner working of HQ are a mystery to us all, so probably best to settle back and keep on waiting (hurry up and wait, as we'd say in the military). I hope the best for everyone here that's been trucking along in the process; the past year has certainly been a bumpy ride with the hiring freeze, discontinued apps, critical skill requirements, etc. Keep hanging in there and we'll get there eventually - it's definitely worth it.

From my understanding, they filled the IA positions for all 2017 classes back in January. By the time I get to the academy in September it will have been 2 years since I applied. It's definitely worth the wait though which is why I've chosen to do exactly that....wait.

Best of luck to you!
torched  
#766 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 11:31:32 PM(UTC)
torched

United States

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 30 post(s)
FWIW, your local FO is almost useless/clueless by design.

If you do reach out to them and they manage to give you an answer, they either had to confirm with HQ, or they already knew the answer (but unlikely). The reason for this is because the IASP team exists solely in D.C. The inner workings of the IASP are completely removed from the view of local FOs. So although the IASP team has admin contacts, each responsible for their own geographic region, they really don't have much to do with local FOs. Same is true for your background. SecD is at HQ, so even if you place a status inquiry via your local FO, they won't be able to tell you anything that you yourself wouldn't get from HQ. At the end of the day, for better or worse, nothing gets done without final say from HQ. Your local FO is only helpful with respect to local hiring, i.e., vacancies that exist at that particular FO, which is why you will see postings on FBIjobs that say contact such and such (at the local FO), but not for IA stuff because it isn't FO specific.
IA App: 4/29/16
P I: 6/19/16
P II: 6/26/16 (10/17/16)
P III: 3/22/17 (Fail)
GloriousCandy  
#767 Posted : Sunday, June 18, 2017 10:40:41 AM(UTC)
GloriousCandy

United States

FWIW, your local FO is almost useless/clueless by design.

If you do reach out to them and they manage to give you an answer, they either had to confirm with HQ, or they already knew the answer (but unlikely). The reason for this is because the IASP team exists solely in D.C. The inner workings of the IASP are completely removed from the view of local FOs. So although the IASP team has admin contacts, each responsible for their own geographic region, they really don't have much to do with local FOs. Same is true for your background. SecD is at HQ, so even if you place a status inquiry via your local FO, they won't be able to tell you anything that you yourself wouldn't get from HQ. At the end of the day, for better or worse, nothing gets done without final say from HQ. Your local FO is only helpful with respect to local hiring, i.e., vacancies that exist at that particular FO, which is why you will see postings on FBIjobs that say contact such and such (at the local FO), but not for IA stuff because it isn't FO specific.

Also some great information to know, and it really explains the radio silence, or "black hole" better. In the mean time, I've made it through a good portion of the process and I've seen that a lot of people are about to enter phase 3 and beyond. Though there are aspects that can't be discussed, I want to be available as a source of information for people, much as you all have been for me. I'll stay active on the board whenever I have relevant experience, or if you feel more comfortable with a PM that's fine. Good luck to all and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
VolFan91  
#768 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 11:37:24 AM(UTC)
VolFan91

Man
United States

Did you guys in the Phoenix group start receiving lodging/flights itineraries?

If not, hopefully early next week, but I'd definitely reach out to people by Wednesday.

It's a holiday the week after, so I'm thinking either you'll get your results much earlier than expected, or much later, hopefully that same Friday though.

Happy Friday to all.

After the mix up of which Field Office would be processing my travel, I received my itinerary on Friday for the Phoenix interviews. I am actually exactly one week away to the hour from my P3! Best piece of advice I keep reminding myself of, don't blow it.
IA Application: 04/27/2016
Phase 1: 06/12/2016
Phase 2: 06/17/2016 (08/08/2016)
Phase 3: Scheduled 06/26/2017 in Phoenix
GloriousCandy  
#769 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 3:17:11 PM(UTC)
GloriousCandy

United States

Originally Posted by: VolFan91 Go to Quoted Post
Did you guys in the Phoenix group start receiving lodging/flights itineraries?

If not, hopefully early next week, but I'd definitely reach out to people by Wednesday.

It's a holiday the week after, so I'm thinking either you'll get your results much earlier than expected, or much later, hopefully that same Friday though.

Happy Friday to all.

After the mix up of which Field Office would be processing my travel, I received my itinerary on Friday for the Phoenix interviews. I am actually exactly one week away to the hour from my P3! Best piece of advice I keep reminding myself of, don't blow it.

Congratulations on moving to P3! I believe 'don't blow it' was coursing through my head as well, but just remember they gave you everything you need to know in the packet, and the rest is all you. You got this!

Not trying to give advice where it's not welcome (if that's the case), but I found this point from the IASP packet particularly helpful: Study your resume and be able to speak about how your experiences match with the critical skills and abilities required of Intelligence Analysts. I practiced from a list of about 30 questions I compiled and found relevant answers from all walks in my life and self-interviewed myself relentlessly for a month. Practice, ANY amount of practice, will definitely help when you're facing nerves throughout the interview.

Best of luck to you and all other candidates rolling into Phase 3!
PierogiForAll  
#770 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 7:05:29 AM(UTC)
PierogiForAll

United States

Question for folks who passed Phase III but received discontinued status: has anyone recently had success in getting their application reactivated recently? I've noticed a lot of folks who have been interviewed in the last few months have received CJOs, and I was hoping there was a way I could submit an updated resume to get reconsidered. Since my discontinuation I've since graduated and obtained more work experience, and I was informed previously I was discontinued because I had not yet graduated. Anyone know who to contact about submitting an updated resume?

P.S. Congratulations to all who have passed and gotten CJOs recently!

Edited by user Friday, June 23, 2017 7:06:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Prev:CollegiateEagle
App:21JUN16
PI:22JUL16(22JUL16)
PII:27JUL16(19SEP16)
PIII:15DEC16(20DEC16)
DIS:28DEC16
torched  
#771 Posted : Saturday, June 24, 2017 12:24:40 AM(UTC)
torched

United States

I'd reach out to FBI_IASP@ic.fbi.gov - for general testing etc., but there's also FBI_STAFFINGIASP@ic.fbi.gov - for vacancy questions and stuff.

My fear is that they'd tell you you have to wait until a new posting goes up for you to submit a new resume. Who knows when that'll be?

They would know best though.
dinger  
#772 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 5:04:58 AM(UTC)
dinger

United States

Originally Posted by: PierogiForAll Go to Quoted Post
Question for folks who passed Phase III but received discontinued status: has anyone recently had success in getting their application reactivated recently? I've noticed a lot of folks who have been interviewed in the last few months have received CJOs, and I was hoping there was a way I could submit an updated resume to get reconsidered. Since my discontinuation I've since graduated and obtained more work experience, and I was informed previously I was discontinued because I had not yet graduated. Anyone know who to contact about submitting an updated resume?

Hi...I am one of those who passed Phase 3, received the "you will receive a CJO" email, then was discontinued. As review, I was actually discontinued about three weeks after passing Phase 3 (Dec. 2016) but was never notified at all. Lots of unanswered emails, then a generic notice in April 2017 saying I didn't possess critical skills. My frustration (expressed in this thread) lies not in that assessment - I really do not have any of the critical skills - but in the process. A thirty second look at my resume would have revealed that and I would not have been strung along. Wasteful and inefficient.

Anyway, to answer your question, I did make a couple attempts via email to get reinstated, but no replies. I have moved on. In your situation though, I would definitely recommend you try - if you have made changes in your qualifications, you should go for it. Nothing to lose! Good luck!

Somewhere in here, someone mentioned a support job - if any postings go up, I may apply. I don't really check this forum that often anymore though. Same with FBIjobs.
torched  
#773 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 5:24:13 AM(UTC)
torched

United States

Dinger, I feel your frustration. They really should screen more efficiently. I guess too little too late. Nonetheless I wish you the best in everything going forward.

On a more positive note, good luck to the Phoenix group this week, specifically VolFan interviewing today.
thanks 1 user thanked torched for this useful post.
VolFan91 on 6/26/2017(UTC)
CRBLA920  
#774 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 11:55:34 AM(UTC)
CRBLA920

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PierogiForAll Go to Quoted Post

Hey! I think I'm one of the lucky few (or the lucky one) who did get my application re-activated (about a month ago). I emailed the person who set up my Phase 3 testing (an HR rep) after emailing the ISAP generic emails many times. The HR rep finally got back to me, and said that she had sent my application to be re-reviewed, and that I "now possess one of the Critical skills". Since then, my process has been moving along. Unsure what critical skill I now possess (still in the same job, no further education) that I didn't when my status was "Discontinued." I'm still kind of thinking it was a technical glitch (mine was discontinued the day after Christmas at 9:00 a.m.).

I'd say keep emailing everyone you can.
Applied: 5/14/2016
PI: 6/11/2016
PII: 6/17/2016 (8/8/2016)
PIII: 12/15/2016 (12/20/2016)
CJO: 5/19/2017
PSI: 6/23/2017
torched  
#775 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 12:11:44 PM(UTC)
torched

United States

How'd it go guys?

I remember at least two others were doing Phase III today.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed