Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Career Planning and Development

Are you looking to get promoted?
Maybe a change in your federal career?
Need tips on resume writing to land a federal job?
Or how to increase your salary or get a pay raise?

Join this active discussion with others climbing the same challenging career ladder.

Consider ordering some helpful resources or read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues by visiting FederalDaily.com.

57 Pages«<555657
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ohio_AGS18  
#1121 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 2:56:25 PM(UTC)
ohio_AGS18

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RN4433 Go to Quoted Post
Started my pre-academy today. Still no word on when Maryland will be opening up again for our academy, FLETC is underway but we're still in the dark. Supposedly aggies back in march are STILL waiting so don't expect to go anytime soon, they'll get them first before any of us who were supposed to go in October.

If you still have the option ask your assigned port if its possible for you to pre-academy/wait at a port near your hometown. There was miscommunication and I ended up coming to Arizona to report and do my pre-academy but they're saying after it's done I can go home and "work" at my hometown port. What work that is I wouldn't know until I'm actually there but it sounds like busy work (if anyone has insights I'd appreciate it). No guarantees they can do this however as it's up to the discretion of your hometown port and whether or not they are willing to take you on.

So I am in the March class that was the first to be postponed, we still do not have a date as so when we will be going to Maryland. I am reporting to my local port although I am assigned to Detroit.

And to offer some insight, so far I’ve been working on filing and just doing what I can to help. Mostly busy work since we aren’t cleared or trained to really do anything

Edited by user Wednesday, September 30, 2020 2:58:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed