Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Employees: You be the Judge

Get real-life reviews of key court cases involving federal employees. Share your opinion on the outcomes of these cases, or participate in other discussions about workplace issues that may impact your job.

Be civil when debating with others in the forum. Uncivil remarks toward any other forum member is prohibited on FederalSoup and should be reported immediately.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nightchop  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 08, 2017 9:52:23 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Thanks for the encouragement!
Goonernoodles  
#22 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 1:49:12 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: nightchop Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the encouragement!

I think the mods need to take a look at this. My guess is this individual is high up the food chain and they want to deter others from whistleblowing. I will not be going to this board any longer.

Edited by user Monday, November 13, 2017 2:56:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hawaiiannative  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:58:35 AM(UTC)
Hawaiiannative

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Deter from whistleblowing? Hardly.

Telling you reality, yes.

A whistleblower who questioned the amount of psychotropic medication given to veterans by doctors, was bullied, fired, and he committed suicide because he felt his career was over, now he is lauded as a hero. Christopher Kirkpatrick.

He is one of many.

The supervisors at the VA are the most corrupt, unethical, group of liars I have ever come across in my career. They have no problems with lying to destroy someone's career.

OSC will not bother with your claim unless someone died, or you can add a joint commission filing.

Good luck.
thanks 1 user thanked Hawaiiannative for this useful post.
DroneBee on 11/14/2017(UTC)
DroneBee  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 11:55:09 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Goonernoodles Go to Quoted Post

I think the mods need to take a look at this. My guess is this individual is high up the food chain and they want to deter others from whistleblowing. I will not be going to this board any longer.

Goonernoodles - At least one of us - ME - was so "high up the food chain" I was fired for whistleblowing. But, I challenge anyone who doesn't believe me to file a complaint with the OSC/EEOC/MSPB - whatever internal process you want - and see what happens.

https://www.whistleblowe...cess-before-mspb-judges/

http://www.wsoctv.com/ne...win-eeoc-cases/113515325

If you file, you may be fired: "He complained, and was eventually fired." (2nd article above)

DroneBee  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 11:59:57 AM(UTC)

https://www.washingtonpo.../?utm_term=.0e98a6f3e29e

This is an article about the suicide that Hawaiian cites. “The VA has a culture problem with whistleblower retaliation,” said Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), chairman of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

So sad.
Hawaiiannative  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:56:50 PM(UTC)
Hawaiiannative

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Dronebee, what is amazing is that article is from 2015!

2 years later...crickets.

I feel sorry for that young man. It takes a lot of strength to deal with bullies, and termination. Noted, only 9 supervisors, even got a letter of reprimand for retaliation activities! "Oh, you are bad, don't do that again. sign at the bottom". It would be laughable if it was not so tragic.

They have a new office now for Whistleblower protection at the VA, Office of Accountability. I have little faith that will change anything.
thanks 1 user thanked Hawaiiannative for this useful post.
DroneBee on 11/16/2017(UTC)
DroneBee  
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 3:05:23 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Hawaiiannative Go to Quoted Post
[The VA has] a new office now for Whistleblower protection at the VA, Office of Accountability. I have little faith that will change anything.

Lest anyone be fooled regarding this "Accountability" Office - the VA instituted an *EASIER* way to fire employees which was approved by Congress.

https://www.va.gov/accountability/

On this site there is a link to a report with the number of actions

https://www.va.gov/accou...verse_Actions_Report.pdf

There have been 1163 removals since January 2017 - looking at the jobs, it is doubtful that these are the leaders who did the deeds, but instead appear to be the whistleblower grunts.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed