Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<101112
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
itshappening  
#221 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2018 3:48:26 PM(UTC)
itshappening

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
No. I'm not referring to myself. I am asking for a friend. I've been cleared for over a decade military. You are looking at my government application timeline.

My friend did not have a clearance prior to. He is cleared waiting for a start date/his "bid". Is his clearance in JPAS?
App 04/26/2016
PI 05/23/2016
PII 06/23/2016
PIII 06/24/2017
CJO 07/28/2017
BI : 08/26/2017
Poly 09/21/2017
Cleared 01/10/2018

Chevy82  
#222 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2018 4:09:57 PM(UTC)
Chevy82

Was thanked: 584 time(s) in 447 post(s)
Originally Posted by: itshappening Go to Quoted Post
No. I'm not referring to myself. I am asking for a friend. I've been cleared for over a decade military. You are looking at my government application timeline.

My friend did not have a clearance prior to. He is cleared waiting for a start date/his "bid". Is his clearance in JPAS?

TBH Idk. I know my clearance is in JPAS, but I already had an S. I know because I kept bugging my S2/G2/Security Admins over the last year to check the status.
Yukon3  
#223 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2018 5:08:05 PM(UTC)
Yukon3

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 53 post(s)
My friend is at 3 months and is getting worried.
I mean, not gonna lie, they should be worried. I’m HUMINT and have been cleared for 7 months. HUMINT is not listed on the most recent job posting because there are no billets available.

Edit: per HR. So either they’re lying to me and my resume sucks ass or HUMINT is in some deep *****.

Edit 2: Ehhh.. could be the former.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 04, 2018 5:11:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Yukon3 for this useful post.
ringslider on 4/4/2018(UTC), rebels8 on 4/5/2018(UTC)
Chevy82  
#224 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2018 5:38:33 PM(UTC)
Chevy82

Was thanked: 584 time(s) in 447 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Yukon3 Go to Quoted Post
My friend is at 3 months and is getting worried.
I mean, not gonna lie, they should be worried. I’m HUMINT and have been cleared for 7 months. HUMINT is not listed on the most recent job posting because there are no billets available.

Edit: per HR. So either they’re lying to me and my resume sucks ass or HUMINT is in some deep *****.

Edit 2: Ehhh.. could be the former.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to think OHR would give anything less than highly accurate info...
TMHTE  
#225 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2018 2:39:51 PM(UTC)
TMHTE

United States

Was thanked: 236 time(s) in 168 post(s)
TBH it wouldn't surprise me if there was in fact a lack of billets. DIA is a very analyst-centric organization. With the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps filling tactical, operational, and some strategic-level requirements, it doesn't need several thousand more HUMINT people running around. It does, however, need people to ensure the DoD is speaking with one voice for the Pentagon and national leadership (analysis). Even in the operational realm, there is a far greater need to have officers who manage, oversee, deconflict, and support DoD's intel operations rather than be the "tip of the spear" for those operations. Congress knows this and says "you will only have x amount of billets this fiscal year and like it."

tl;dr - Apply for analysis. It may not "sound" as sexy as HUMINT but you'll have a lot more day-to-day influence and still have a pretty cool job without waiting years for an FJO to come through.

Edited by user Sunday, April 08, 2018 2:40:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

someoldguy  
#226 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2018 4:15:47 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 711 time(s) in 595 post(s)
He is cleared waiting for a start date/his "bid". Is his clearance in JPAS?

I used to work for a contractor. One day the security officer tells me, "good news, you've finally been adjudicated!" I had been waiting three years since my periodic reinvestigation had been closed for another IC agency. She got an email notification in JPAS that I was granted final eligibility...

...but it was for DIA!

So yes, the DIA clearance (or eligibility, to be more precise) should show up in JPAS.

Originally Posted by: TMHTE Go to Quoted Post
TBH it wouldn't surprise me if there was in fact a lack of [HUMINT] billets. DIA is a very analyst-centric organization. With the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps filling tactical, operational, and some strategic-level requirements, it doesn't need several thousand more HUMINT people running around.

Yes but DIA is also the Defense-level HUMINT executive (not sure if they still talk about Defense HUMINT Service) and that needs to be staffed as well... doesn't it?

Edited by user Sunday, April 08, 2018 4:49:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
someoldguy  
#227 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2018 5:37:00 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
DIA is also the Defense-level HUMINT executive and that needs to be staffed as well... doesn't it?

Yes, but it's very very... very... very very... very small.

But if it is so small... why make all these CJOs???

thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
ringslider on 4/9/2018(UTC)
Kaliino  
#228 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2018 5:38:33 PM(UTC)
Kaliino

United States

Was thanked: 816 time(s) in 571 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
Yes, but it's very very... very... very very... very small.

But if it is so small... why make all these CJOs???

Because they're also very very... very... very very... very retarded.
thanks 1 user thanked Kaliino for this useful post.
Chevy82 on 4/8/2018(UTC)
TMHTE  
#229 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2018 6:39:56 PM(UTC)
TMHTE

United States

It also allows hiring managers to be more picky with who they accept from a broader pool of candidates. I know USMC CI/HUMINT had this structure for a long time that involved screening people heavily for the MOS then washing out 70 percent of students at the schoolhouse. A time-efficient way to get the cream of the crop for a very limited number of billets when funding is high, but probably not the most cost effective. That community has moved on to a different model.

Edited by user Sunday, April 08, 2018 6:41:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

velcroTech  
#230 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 3:11:45 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
It also allows hiring managers to be more picky with who they accept from a broader pool of candidates. I know USMC CI/HUMINT had this structure for a long time that involved screening people heavily for the MOS then washing out 70 percent of students at the schoolhouse. A time-efficient way to get the cream of the crop for a very limited number of billets when funding is high, but probably not the most cost effective. That community has moved on to a different model.

Are you sure that USMC washed out 70% at the schoolhouse? Did you make it through? I think that the reason they send so many CJO is they know people will drop out, some wont make it through the clearance process and the available billets fluctuates. Some of the most important things they tell you when you get a CJO is to just live your life normally, don't make any plans to quit your job and be patient. People here seem to get the CJO and are too anxious to start working.
thanks 2 users thanked velcroTech for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/9/2018(UTC), ringslider on 4/9/2018(UTC)
Kaliino  
#231 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 5:17:40 AM(UTC)
Kaliino

United States

Was thanked: 816 time(s) in 571 post(s)
Originally Posted by: velcroTech Go to Quoted Post

Are you sure that USMC washed out 70% at the schoolhouse? Did you make it through?

Ooooooooh, shots fired! Shots. Fired! Best get some aloe vera for that burn!
thanks 1 user thanked Kaliino for this useful post.
ringslider on 4/9/2018(UTC)
ringslider  
#232 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 6:36:14 AM(UTC)
ringslider

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 47 post(s)

Are you sure that USMC washed out 70% at the schoolhouse? Did you make it through? I think that the reason they send so many CJO is they know people will drop out, some wont make it through the clearance process and the available billets fluctuates. Some of the most important things they tell you when you get a CJO is to just live your life normally, don't make any plans to quit your job and be patient. People here seem to get the CJO and are too anxious to start working.

First off, ouch! (lol) Second, I can understand why they give away CJOs, it makes sense that some people will get better job offers or go to another agency. Hell, we even got the briefing at the hiring event about people being dropped, not passing the SCI/TS, and all sort of stuff except for what would happen once we were cleared.

We were never told that we would be waiting on a billet to open.
someoldguy  
#233 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 11:16:46 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Originally Posted by: ringslider Go to Quoted Post
...we even got the briefing at the hiring event about people being dropped, not passing the SCI/TS, and all sort of stuff except for what would happen once we were cleared.

Funny how they left that part out. Must have been pressed for time

tee-hee

thanks 2 users thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
ringslider on 4/9/2018(UTC), rebels8 on 4/9/2018(UTC)
ringslider  
#234 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 11:21:14 AM(UTC)
ringslider

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ringslider Go to Quoted Post
...we even got the briefing at the hiring event about people being dropped, not passing the SCI/TS, and all sort of stuff except for what would happen once we were cleared.

Funny how they left that part out. Must have been pressed for time

tee-hee

Lmao, yes they probably were but I took my time on asking them questions. A lot of us were nervous as hell. They kept on pushing that if we had questions to just ask so I did. Lol
TMHTE  
#235 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 2:48:40 PM(UTC)
TMHTE

United States

I was too senior to even apply to the MOS (thanks a lot recruiting duty) but know that majority attrition was the name of the game during the GWOT until only a few years back, probably owing to sequestration cuts. I worked with one who failed part of the final test and was still dropped despite having an overall passing grade. Now they're more about OJT and working people up to it instead of just slashing them at the schoolhouse due to arbitrary personality requirements. Happily doing the job now as a civilian so it worked out.

At any rate, yes, they know people will probably move on and not accept. But it's also a lot cheaper to keep the hiring pool as broad as possible and let hiring managers decide who to pick. That way they get to pick who they want without having to spend money to train them before going through a selection process. HR isn't dumb, they crunch numbers and play the demographics while reducing costs to maximize proper placement.

Edited by user Monday, April 09, 2018 2:52:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed