Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<567
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
legionnaire13  
#121 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 7:18:46 AM(UTC)
legionnaire13

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Does anyone know who was the last person on this site to receive a FJO in HUMINT and how long it took them once on the cleared list. Also, on the opposite end of the spectrum does anyone know the longest time it took a candidate to receive an FJO once cleared in HUMINT, recently?
Chevy82  
#122 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 7:55:52 AM(UTC)
Chevy82

Was thanked: 476 time(s) in 378 post(s)
Originally Posted by: legionnaire13 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know who was the last person on this site to receive a FJO in HUMINT and how long it took them once on the cleared list. Also, on the opposite end of the spectrum does anyone know the longest time it took a candidate to receive an FJO once cleared in HUMINT, recently?

MAC is there last guy I can think of. He waited a good bit.
thanks 1 user thanked Chevy82 for this useful post.
legionnaire13 on 10/19/2017(UTC)
Tick Tock  
#123 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:54:42 AM(UTC)
Tick Tock

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
For those who have missed it, once you're cleared, all that matters is your résumé.

Hmm is Kaliino saying my resume is garbage considering how long I've been cleared 🤔

Even though receiving a CJO is an "accomplishment", there's no guarantee that you won't end up like Tick Tock and stuck on the cleared list.

Yep, guess my resume is garbage haha.
rebels8  
#124 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:58:59 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tick Tock Go to Quoted Post
For those who have missed it, once you're cleared, all that matters is your résumé.

Hmm is Kaliino saying my resume is garbage considering how long I've been cleared 🤔

Even though receiving a CJO is an "accomplishment", there's no guarantee that you won't end up like Tick Tock and stuck on the cleared list.

Yep, guess my resume is garbage haha.

Don't worry! I'm sure you'll eventually receive a FJO. :)
#AllDIAlivesmatter
crunchykimXD  
#125 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 9:25:59 AM(UTC)
crunchykimXD

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Tick Tock,

I hope you do receive a job offer! I hope that for everyone, but I think Kailino has a point. division chiefs screen who they place bids on by your resume, so if others in your CF have a stronger or more attractive resume....idk how long you've been in the pool though...
thanks 1 user thanked crunchykimXD for this useful post.
rebels8 on 10/19/2017(UTC)
SJerry  
#126 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 5:17:26 AM(UTC)
SJerry

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Still waiting on my end. I've been on the cleared list since mid August.
UX1192  
#127 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 5:24:26 AM(UTC)
UX1192

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
So given these long wait times, what exactly is the process HR uses to assign FJO's? Do they leave each candidate up for a specific amount of time, say 2 months, and let managers put bids in on the person. Once the 2 months is up, they all debate and decide who gets who based on need, interest, and fit which might take a few more weeks, then a few weeks after that to draw up paper work and the offer?
thanks 1 user thanked UX1192 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 10/20/2017(UTC)
Kd17  
#128 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 9:29:53 AM(UTC)
Kd17

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I really wish HR at the hiring event and the career field Hiring managers coordinated with each other so they know who's a good fit for the specific career field.
thanks 1 user thanked Kd17 for this useful post.
rebels8  
#129 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 9:36:50 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Kd17 Go to Quoted Post
I really wish HR at the hiring event and the career field Hiring managers coordinated with each other so they know who's a good fit for the specific career field.

You mean before CJOs are extended to people or before FJOs are extended? I'm guessing that HR and career field hiring mangers/career development officers do coordinate with each other when deciding what applicants to extend CJOs to. However, there does seem to be a lack of coordination between HR and the different career fields when it comes to extending FJOs to people. Though it may not be as bad as we think. Most of us may just be in the dark when it comes to the details of DIA's hiring practices, including the act of bidding on cleared candidates and extending FJOs to them.
#AllDIAlivesmatter
thanks 1 user thanked rebels8 for this useful post.
UX1192 on 10/20/2017(UTC)
Chevy82  
#130 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 9:44:36 AM(UTC)
Chevy82

When I interviewed fornmy position, someone from my career field was present and asked questions.
Kd17  
#131 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 9:59:14 AM(UTC)
Kd17

United States

Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post

You mean before CJOs are extended to people or before FJOs are extended? I'm guessing that HR and career field hiring mangers/career development officers do coordinate with each other when deciding what applicants to extend CJOs to. However, there does seem to be a lack of coordination between HR and the different career fields when it comes to extending FJOs to people. Though it may not be as bad as we think. Most of us may just be in the dark when it comes to the details of DIA's hiring practices, including the act of bidding on cleared candidates and extending FJOs to them.

I feel they shouldn't put entry level candidates against experienced ones. I could be wrong if they do. According to people on this forum they say your resume matters but if this is entry level that shouldn't play much of a role because it's "entry level". Thoughts?
thanks 1 user thanked Kd17 for this useful post.
rebels8  
#132 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 10:20:55 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

I feel they shouldn't put entry level candidates against experienced ones. I could be wrong if they do. According to people on this forum they say your resume matters but if this is entry level that shouldn't play much of a role because it's "entry level". Thoughts?

Well some job listings (I'm talking about in general, not DIA) that say "entry-level" really aren't entry-level positions. They want applicants to have at least a few years of experience. When talking specifically about DIA, since most of us applied to a career field, we weren't applying for a specific job position, but for a spot in the DIA hiring pool. However, DIA still doesn't give out CJOs willy-nilly. One or more DIA employees in our career field believed that we were qualified to work in said career field. As you noted, DIA really shouldn't make cleared candidates with different experience levels and qualifications compete with one another for billets. But DIA obviously does, even though the agency is fully aware of every candidate's level of experience and qualifications when a CJO was extended to the candidate. As Kaliino said in a recent post on this topic thread, an advantage that an inexperienced DIA recruit would have is that a senior DIA employee might want to mold that person from scratch. Because you can't teach an old dog new tricks. lol However, Kaliino also recently said that of the few people in his Touchstone class who were recent college graduates, most of them were former DIA interns.

Edited by user Friday, October 20, 2017 10:28:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#AllDIAlivesmatter
Kaliino  
#133 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 1:41:03 PM(UTC)
Kaliino

United States

Was thanked: 462 time(s) in 345 post(s)
According to people on this forum they say your resume matters but if this is entry level that shouldn't play much of a role because it's "entry level". Thoughts?

It appears that the CIA and NSA are primarily known for taking people without experience and training them.

The DIA is mostly made up of veterans, prior contractors, or both. As a result, their training curriculum isn't as rigid.

That is not to say it doesn't exist. I've been jumping through different training courses for the past three weeks.

However, it's not time-oriented. You basically try to get in as many courses as you can, when you can, with approval.

It's just not a traditional "training program". Instead, there's a list of "required and desired" courses.

The "required courses" are primarily used to track what skills you should have at which pay-grade.

The "desired courses" are used for personal/professional development and help promotion/career transition.

In summary, I'll simply say that I miss the Army's Advanced Individual Training (AIT) system.

The AIT system is good because you know that everyone walking around has been certified.

Meanwhile, at the DIA, every junior officer you see is a mystery.

Maybe they're certified. Maybe they shadowed their co-workers.

Or... maybe... they have just been ignored the whole time.

Edited by user Friday, October 20, 2017 1:51:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Kaliino for this useful post.
tekjoe123 on 10/20/2017(UTC), rebels8 on 10/20/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#134 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 1:51:35 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

The DIA is mostly made up of veterans, prior contractors, or both. As a result, their training curriculum isn't as developed.

That is not to say it doesn't exist. I've been jumping through different training courses for the past three weeks.

However, it's not time-oriented. You basically try to get in as many courses as you can, when you can, with approval.

It's just not an official "training program". Instead, there's a list of "required and desired" courses.

The "required courses" are primarily used to track what skills you should have at which pay-grade.

The "desired courses" are used for personal/professional development and help promotion/career transition.

In summary, I'll simply say that I miss the Army's Advanced Individual Training (AIT) system.

The AIT system is good because you know that everyone walking around has been certified.

Meanwhile, at the DIA, every junior officer you see is a mystery.

Maybe they're certified. Maybe they shadowed their co-workers.

Or... maybe... they have just been ignored the whole time.

So not every junior civilian DIA officer is required to eventually be certified in their career field/specialty? Why wouldn't they be? If their supervisors don't give them the time or opportunity to be properly trained and certified? I think that I read on the forum that new DIA officers complete both on-the-job training and formal classroom training, including on the computer. Do some supervisors prefer their junior employees to have mostly on-the-job training?
#AllDIAlivesmatter
Kaliino  
#135 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 1:59:33 PM(UTC)
Kaliino

United States

So not every junior civilian DIA officer is required to eventually be certified in their career field/specialty? Why wouldn't they be? If their supervisors don't give them the time or opportunity to be properly trained and certified? I think that I read on the forum that new DIA officers complete both on-the-job training and formal classroom training, including on the computer. Do some supervisors prefer their junior employees to have mostly on-the-job training?

I can't guarantee this for every career field/specialty, but for me... it's complicated...

The people from HR have told me that "certification" must be complete within 12 months.

My Branch Chief has told me that "certification" can't even be signed up for until 18 months.

I've deduced from both of these conversations that no one actually knows what the rule is.

This is most likely because junior officers are able to register for certification one way or another.

Every supervisor is different. Everyone does online training at first, because there's no excuse not to.

The only thing that would prevent online training is technical failures (i.e. not getting your accounts).

Apparently this is common, since I've met a few people who literally sat around and read policy their first few months.

It's also important to say that all this training I've received has nothing to do with my career field/specialty, lol.

I have already registered to attend my first "career training" course, but it's not for a few months.

Fun fact... attending a "career training" course, is not the same as completing "career certification".
thanks 2 users thanked Kaliino for this useful post.
rebels8 on 10/20/2017(UTC), Kd17 on 10/20/2017(UTC)
Kaliino  
#136 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 12:32:26 PM(UTC)
Kaliino

United States

That awkward moment when you find yourself home early on a Monday afternoon... watching, She's All That...

In other news... I was apparently misled earlier, regarding the Defense Clandestine Service (DCS).

There are entry level billets available in that particular office, within the Directorate for Operations.

However, the entry level DCS billets are ONLY for the Operations Support career specialty.

I found that this is a) great and b) more reasonable than I originally thought.

Operations Support Officers (OSO) are present everywhere (DCS, DDS, DAS, etc.).

So... if you find yourself receiving a FJO for Operations Support... be glad.

The training pipeline for these particular Officers is also impressive.

Edited by user Monday, October 23, 2017 1:03:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Chevy82  
#137 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 12:35:49 PM(UTC)
Chevy82

That awkward moment when you find yourself home early on a Monday afternoon... watching, She's All That...

In other news... I was apparently misled earlier, regarding the Defense Clandestine Service (DCS).

There are entry level billets available in that particular office, within the Directorate for Operations.

However, the entry level billets are ONLY for the Operations Support career specialty.

I found that this is a) great and b) more reasonable than I originally thought.

Operations Support Officers (OSO) are present everywhere (DCS, DDS, DAS, etc.).

So... if you find yourself receiving a FJO for Operations Support... be glad.

The training pipeline for these particular Officers is also impressive.

Are you saying there are no entry level CJO's for HUMINT other than Ops Support? For instance Clandestine Collection or Overt Collection?
Kaliino  
#138 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 12:39:07 PM(UTC)
Kaliino

United States

Originally Posted by: Chevy82 Go to Quoted Post
Are you saying there are no entry level CJO's for HUMINT other than Ops Support? For instance Clandestine Collection or Overt Collection?

The specialties are very deceptive. You won't see one in your FJO.

There are a few Attachés and Debriefers in these initial training courses.

However, it is important to know that all of the Attachés are old guys, lol.

Which is also understandable. You wouldn't want a new guy in charge at an embassy.

I'm just clarifying that there are no "new hire" Case Officers here.

Unless... they were certified via the military, CIA, etc.

Edited by user Monday, October 23, 2017 1:17:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Yukon3  
#139 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 2:06:54 PM(UTC)
Yukon3

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 36 post(s)
So everyone on the HUMINT cleared list is now fighting for a support position regardless of the specialty listed on their FJO? That explains a lot. *****ing hell. The new MM.
Kd17  
#140 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 2:11:10 PM(UTC)
Kd17

United States

Originally Posted by: Chevy82 Go to Quoted Post

The specialties are very deceptive. You won't see one in your FJO.

There are a few Attachés and Debriefers in these initial training courses.

However, it is important to know that all of the Attachés are old guys, lol.

Which is also understandable. You wouldn't want a new guy in charge at an embassy.

I'm just clarifying that there are no "new hire" Case Officers here.

Unless... they were certified via the military, CIA, etc.

So entry level OSO are on the short stick for getting FJOs?

Rss Feed  Atom Feed