Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ThePhotoGuy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2016 3:51:26 PM(UTC)
ThePhotoGuy

Groups: Registered
United States

Anyone on here apply to the mass hiring recent graduates positions during this time frame receive an email about setting up a phone interview?

Any idea what the interview will consist of?
FedKat16  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2017 4:42:43 PM(UTC)
FedKat16

United States

This response is for anyone else that is interested in deadlines. I have already responded to the original poster.

I know this response is late but here it goes. I had an phone interview with them Thursday December 1st. There was only 5 questions and two people who interviewed me. They were about my ability to work with people and communication.

The ladies who interviewed me told me that they would call people back starting December 8th -16th, and that if the call goes to voice mail that I would only have 30 min to call back and give an answer.

They called me on December 13th and shortly after I received TO by email.

Filled out paperwork and sent transcripts.

Received and filled out pathways agreement on Dec 21st.

Received final confirmation letter on Dec 22nd.

Received welcome letter by supervisor on the 29th.

EOD Jan 17th

I was told fingerprints can be done at new location, and I couldn't set up an appoint for them till after my hire date.
USMC_INET  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:51:40 AM(UTC)
USMC_INET

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FedKat16 Go to Quoted Post
This response is for anyone else that is interested in deadlines. I have already responded to the original poster.

I know this response is late but here it goes. I had an phone interview with them Thursday December 1st. There was only 5 questions and two people who interviewed me. They were about my ability to work with people and communication.

The ladies who interviewed me told me that they would call people back starting December 8th -16th, and that if the call goes to voice mail that I would only have 30 min to call back and give an answer.

They called me on December 13th and shortly after I received TO by email.

Filled out paperwork and sent transcripts.

Received and filled out pathways agreement on Dec 21st.

Received final confirmation letter on Dec 22nd.

Received welcome letter by supervisor on the 29th.

EOD Jan 17th

I was told fingerprints can be done at new location, and I couldn't set up an appoint for them till after my hire date.

Good morning,

So today's the day. How did it go?

I didn't know the Forest Service hired many people. I interviewed for 2210 for them on the same date but wasn't selected for the position. Fortunately I accepted a TO for 2210 with the IRS with the EOD of today but I haven't received a FO over the weekend.
FedKat16  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:12:08 PM(UTC)
FedKat16

United States

It was a a bit overwhelming to say the least. They were late in getting my profile set up and I still have yet to do fingerprints.

I too was offered a position with the IRS shortly after receiving my confirmation letter from the forest service. Both positions are 2210, and I am not surprised by not getting a FO yet. HR people are behind.
USMC_INET  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:57:07 PM(UTC)
USMC_INET

Man
United States

It was a a bit overwhelming to say the least. They were late in getting my profile set up and I still have yet to do fingerprints.

I too was offered a position with the IRS shortly after receiving my confirmation letter from the forest service. Both positions are 2210, and I am not surprised by not getting a FO yet. HR people are behind.

Congratulations! How many coworkers in processed with you? When do you get your PIV or ID card?

Things take a while. When I came into the Department of the Army, I waited about a week and a half to be issued my work computer.

If you moved, how was finding a new home?
FedKat16  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 7:18:03 PM(UTC)
FedKat16

United States

I believe there were a few others brought in but at different locations. I am the only IT person at my new location. It may be a few weeks before getting PIV card. Still haven't done fingerprints. I have my computer set up but have yet to use it. I'm still in a hotel but have been looking at places. Most places require proof of income, I just started so it might be awhile.
USMC_INET  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:44:50 PM(UTC)
USMC_INET

Man
United States

I believe there were a few others brought in but at different locations. I am the only IT person at my new location. It may be a few weeks before getting PIV card. Still haven't done fingerprints. I have my computer set up but have yet to use it. I'm still in a hotel but have been looking at places. Most places require proof of income, I just started so it might be awhile.

Can you use your computer without PIV? It's odd they didn't have you fingerprint before giving you the firm offer. I just provided my firm offer as proof of income to an apartment. I hope to get approved.

How were people dressed on the first day? Formal or business casual? I think the FS culture should be similar to that of the IRS.
FedKat16  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2017 5:01:33 PM(UTC)
FedKat16

United States

Originally Posted by: GS-1515 Go to Quoted Post

Can you use your computer without PIV? It's odd they didn't have you fingerprint before giving you the firm offer. I just provided my firm offer as proof of income to an apartment. I hope to get approved.

How were people dressed on the first day? Formal or business casual? I think the FS culture should be similar to that of the IRS.

I can use my computer without PIV. Dress is very casual at my office. IRS is very formal.
USMC_INET  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 6:18:49 AM(UTC)
USMC_INET

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: GS-1515 Go to Quoted Post

I can use my computer without PIV. Dress is very casual at my office. IRS is very formal.

Really? I hope not.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed