Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Employees Benefits Q &A

Do you have questions about your federal employee CSRS or FERS pension/annuity or federal employee retirement planning? Concerns about your Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) account or what about federal employee pay and leave issues?

Ask your question here.

The Q&A forum is moderated by Ed Zurndorfer -- an expert on federal employee benefits -- and a Certified Financial Planner, chartered life underwriter and chartered financial consultant in Maryland.

Zurndorfer is also the author of several federal employee benefits guides published by Federal Employees News Digest.

Your question will be put into a message queue and submitted for review. We cannot guarantee that all questions will be answered, however any answered questions will appear below, and some will also be featured in our daily Federal Daily e-newsletter (Subscribe here). Federal Soup users should not submit replies to the questions posted, as we leave the replies for the moderator only. Any replies to questions other than the moderator will be deleted.

Please do not submit employee benefits questions to the webmaster or the forum moderator.

Note: FederalSoup.com has attempted to compile information that is as accurate and current as possible for federal employees. Federal policies, laws, regulations, statistics and addresses continually change. Therefore, no warranties are made as to the accuracy or completeness of the information presented in this column. If additional clarification or information is needed, it is suggested that competent and professional assistance be sought. Mr. Zurndorfer does not moderate other forums on FederalSoup and will not reply to general FederalSoup inquiries submitted in this Q&A forum.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FedCivServ  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 9:45:08 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/9/2013(UTC)
Posts: 837

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Ed, what was the final decision on feds COLA raise for 2017/ thanks
Ed Zurndorfer  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 10:07:48 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/10/2001(UTC)
Posts: 5,184

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 90 post(s)
You are referring most probably to the 2017 Federal employee pay increase and not the 2017 Federal retiree COLA (for CSRS annuitants and FERS annuitants over age 62) of 0.3 percent. Regarding the 2017 pay increase, please note the following:


From: ACTING DIRECTOR, BETH F. COBERT (12/27/2016)

The President has signed an Executive order to implement the January 2017 pay adjustments. The Executive order authorizes a 1 percent across-the-board increase for statutory pay systems and locality pay increases costing approximately 1.1 percent of basic payroll, reflecting an overall average pay increase of 2.1 percent. This is consistent with the President’s alternative pay plan issued under 5 U.S.C. 5303(b) on August 31, 2016, and the President’s alternative pay plan issued under 5 U.S.C. 5304a on December 8, 2016. This memorandum reviews relevant portions of the Executive order and provides general information on the 2017 pay rates.
FedCivServ  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 12:19:18 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/9/2013(UTC)
Posts: 837

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Yes, i did mean the federal raise. thanks!
SDAnalyst  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 1:32:26 PM(UTC)
SDAnalyst

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/8/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,780

Thanks: 1521 times
Was thanked: 291 time(s) in 252 post(s)
The OPM letter Ed referred to and the Locality Pay letter along with links to the 2017 GS Pay Tables are located at: https://www.opm.gov/poli...ay-leave/salaries-wages/

Link to GS Pay tables (select your Locality): https://www.opm.gov/poli...s/2017/general-schedule/
Ed Zurndorfer  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 3:58:48 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/10/2001(UTC)
Posts: 5,184

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 90 post(s)
Thank you for your input into this forum.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 0.219 seconds.