Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GIjoe  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 8:34:02 PM(UTC)
GIjoe

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello all,

Here is my timeline so far from the December 2016 DC Hiring Event.

Applied 11/04/2016
Invitation for DC Hiring event 11/20/2016
Hiring Event 12/08/2016
Received Conditional Job offer 12/08/2016
Drug screening 12/15/2016

And that's all, not yet been contacted by CPC.
I tried emailing them and all I got was a pretty standardized email saying that they are backed up and will be contacting within a few weeks.

Anybody else with similar timelines?
thanks 1 user thanked GIjoe for this useful post.
rebels8 on 1/21/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2017 11:49:28 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gio! Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,

Applied 11/04/2016
Hiring Event 12/08/2016

I tried emailing them and all I got was a pretty standardized email saying that they are backed up and will be contacting within a few weeks.

Here is my timeline for the December 2016 DC Hiring Event.

Applied: October 27th
Hiring Event By Phone: December 9th, did not receive an invitation before hand
Received Conditional Job Offer Letter By E-Mail: December 12th, but the letter was dated December 9th
Drug Screen: December 22nd

And as I mentioned in the other thread, I also have not been contacted by CPC. I e-mailed my contact in DIA's Human Resources Office about the CPC backlog on December 26th and he responded the next day. Who did you e-mail and when did you do it? Was it your contact in DIA's Human Resources Office or was it CPC? My CJO letter didn't give contact info for CPC. I've been thinking about e-mailing my contact in Human Resources or somebody else in DoD again to ask about the progress of the backlog. Thanks!
#MMlivesmatter
GIjoe  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 4:10:21 AM(UTC)
GIjoe

United States

Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gio! Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,

Applied 11/04/2016
Hiring Event 12/08/2016

Here is my timeline for the December 2016 DC Hiring Event.

Applied: October 27th
Hiring Event By Phone: December 9th, did not receive an invitation before hand
Received Conditional Job Offer Letter By E-Mail: December 12th, but the letter was dated December 9th
Drug Screen: December 22nd

And as I mentioned in the other thread, I also have not been contacted by CPC. I e-mailed my contact in DIA's Human Resources Office about the CPC backlog on December 26th and he responded the next day. Who did you e-mail and when did you do it? Was it your contact in DIA's Human Resources Office or was it CPC? My CJO letter didn't give contact info for CPC. I've been thinking about e-mailing my contact in Human Resources or somebody else in DoD again to ask about the progress of the backlog. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing your timeline.

As for the email, on the CJO letter I received at the hiring event, there was a hiring pool email address listed.
rebels8  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 3:26:41 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Good news everybody! I have finally received an e-mail from CPC about completing and submitting the pre-employment forms! I don't know why I was so worried that the federal hiring freeze would negatively affect my CJO! lol I hope that everybody else who received a CJO after the December Hiring Event also has luck with DIA!

The deadline for completing and e-mailing back my pre-employment forms is February 2nd. Is the deadline from CPC for the forms usually only 8 days? I guess I'll be really busy for the next several days! lol
#MMlivesmatter
GIjoe  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 3:48:13 PM(UTC)
GIjoe

United States

Good news everybody! I have finally received an e-mail from CPC about completing and submitting the pre-employment forms! I don't know why I was so worried that the federal hiring freeze would negatively affect my CJO! lol I hope that everybody else who received a CJO after the December Hiring Event also has luck with DIA!

The deadline for completing and e-mailing back my pre-employment forms is February 2nd. Is the deadline from CPC for the forms usually only 8 days? I guess I'll be really busy for the next several days! lol

Congrats!!!

Keep us informed.
thanks 1 user thanked GIjoe for this useful post.
rebels8 on 1/25/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 5:44:14 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: hp2439 Go to Quoted Post
Congrats, I also received an email from CPC in regard to the next step. I got a COJ on 8th DEC during the D.C hiring conference. Good luck everyone!

What is your career field? Mine is Mission Management/Intelligence Operations Management.
#MMlivesmatter
Manny06  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 5:51:16 PM(UTC)
Manny06

Man

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Congrats rebel and hp!!'
My offer was for finance and acquisition and I haven't heard anything yet....but I'm still hopeful! Rebel and hp......get those forms in asap!'!!!!!! lol I'm happy for you two!
thanks 1 user thanked Manny06 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 1/25/2017(UTC)
RR1  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 1:23:08 AM(UTC)
RR1

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Congratulations! You're giving us hope. I was part of the Friday (9th) group and haven't heard from CPC yet (aside from the drug test), but it looks like they're closing in. My CJO is for analysis.
rebels8  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 3:42:52 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: hp2439 Go to Quoted Post
Hey Rebel 8, we have the same career field! I hope you will hear from the CPC soon!

I heard from CPC yesterday!
#MMlivesmatter
GIjoe  
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:39:44 PM(UTC)
GIjoe

United States

Anybody from the DC hiring event still waiting on their initial contact from CPC?

dubs2  
#11 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 7:02:11 AM(UTC)
dubs2

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hope this helps, my timeline:

Applied 07/25/2016
Interview: 11/01/2016
Received Conditional Job offer 11/10/2016
Drug screening: 11/16/2016
CPC Psych Eval:12/23/2016
Final Offer: 03/17/2017
Tentative Start Date: 04/17/2017
thanks 3 users thanked dubs2 for this useful post.
Kaliino on 3/24/2017(UTC), IntelPro on 3/24/2017(UTC), Bird_Dog_703 on 7/2/2017(UTC)
Gready2017  
#12 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 9:54:42 AM(UTC)
Gready2017

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dubs2 Go to Quoted Post
Hope this helps, my timeline:

Applied 07/25/2016
Interview: 11/01/2016
Received Conditional Job offer 11/10/2016
Drug screening: 11/16/2016
CPC Psych Eval:12/23/2016
Final Offer: 03/17/2017
Tentative Start Date: 04/17/2017

Did you receive a phone call or an email with the Final offer?
dubs2  
#13 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 3:23:26 AM(UTC)
dubs2

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I went CI, and received an email as a final offer, then a call to set up an actual start date.
someoldguy  
#14 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 3:48:17 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 441 time(s) in 383 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hopefulhire Go to Quoted Post
Wow. I am still waiting to get my appointments scheduled with CPC. Anyone else from the DC event waiting?

CPC seems to go in bursts. They seem to fill up their pipeline and then work through that bunch before calling the next round. Hang in there.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
rdog  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 12:02:53 PM(UTC)
rdog

United States

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 21 post(s)
In response to contact from CPC, I haven't heard from them. I sent documents to them in January and to this day I haven't heard anything. After multiple emails, I haven't even received a confirmation response. I'm starting to wonder if my CPC rep is still working there. I really hope my stuff isn't just lost or sitting some place it will never get looked at. I wish there was someway of getting a phone number to CPC just to at least make sure they have my documents. I understand there's a backlog, I actually understand that, but all I'm asking is to verify they have my documents. Does anyone have any suggestions, contacts, that could help me out with this, because email at this point is not getting me anywhere? Thanks.
thanks 1 user thanked rdog for this useful post.
rebels8 on 3/28/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:26:43 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: rdog Go to Quoted Post
In response to contact from CPC, I haven't heard from them. I sent documents to them in January and to this day I haven't heard anything. After multiple emails, I haven't even received a confirmation response. I'm starting to wonder if my CPC rep is still working there. I really hope my stuff isn't just lost or sitting some place it will never get looked at. I wish there was someway of getting a phone number to CPC just to at least make sure they have my documents. I understand there's a backlog, I actually understand that, but all I'm asking is to verify they have my documents. Does anyone have any suggestions, contacts, that could help me out with this, because email at this point is not getting me anywhere? Thanks.

There is no reason for you to worry just yet. The government, including DIA, is just really, really slow and inefficient. lol On March 13, I went to CPC for all of my pre-employment screenings, except for polygraph. I was supposed to do my polygraph the next day, but it had to be rescheduled because of the snowstorm in the Northeast. However, it's been over two weeks since that time, and I still haven't found out when my poly will be. I have e-mailed my CPC handler multiple times to ask him about my poly, but he hasn't responded to my e-mails.

Yesterday, I finally decided to e-mail the career managers for mission management, which is my career field, to ask them about when my poly will be. If it gets to be too much longer without finding out anything, I'll probably have to call somebody at DIA. My current internship in D.C. ends April 21st and I'm going back home to Texas about a week later. I would very much like to do my poly before I go back home. So best of luck to you and all of us in dealing with the inanity of the DIA pre-employment process! lol
#MMlivesmatter
rdog  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:59:52 PM(UTC)
rdog

United States

There is no reason for you to worry just yet. The government, including DIA, is just really, really slow and inefficient. lol On March 13, I went to CPC for all of my pre-employment screenings, except for polygraph. I was supposed to do my polygraph the next day, but it had to be rescheduled because of the snowstorm in the Northeast. However, it's been over two weeks since that time, and I still haven't found out when my poly will be. I have e-mailed my CPC handler multiple times to ask him about my poly, but he hasn't responded to my e-mails.

Yesterday, I finally decided to e-mail the career managers for mission management, which is my career field, to ask them about when my poly will be. If it gets to be too much longer without finding out anything, I'll probably have to call somebody at DIA. My current internship in D.C. ends April 21st and I'm going back home to Texas about a week later. I would very much like to do my poly before I go back home. So best of luck to you and all of us in dealing with the inanity of the DIA pre-employment process! lol

Thanks rebels8, I'm sorry to hear about your issue with the polygraph. I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting. I figure they are swamped with processing people, and I don't want to bother them and hold them up, making a slow process even slower. So I understand, I actually don't mind the wait. I just wanted to make sure they had my paperwork, that's all (I got one returned error message from their server, but I sent it twice after that with no error messages, but never got any confirmation). At this point I have no idea and no way of checking on whether they have it or not. I just don't want this December to come (still waiting on a confirmation from CPC to set up poly/psyc dates) and get a letter from HR saying that my CJO got rescinded because CPC never got my paperwork:). I'll stay patient and hopefully I hear something soon. At this point with what I'm reading on the forums about how long the BI has been for people (back when the backlog was not as bad), I'm not sure I'll be able to have things done in 1 year (what the CJO letter says), it's almost April and I never got a confirmation my paperwork was received. We'll see. Thanks for sharing your situation and I appreciate everyone's updates, it does give hope. I'm glad people are sharing.
rebels8 on 3/28/2017(UTC)
doctorzoidberg  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 5:05:09 AM(UTC)
doctorzoidberg

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hey rdog, I'm in the same boat as you. Immediately after submitting my documents in January, I attempted to confirm receipt with my CPC contact with no luck. Last week I decided to email CPC directly, and within a week I was given confirmation that my documents were received and pending review/processing. If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest sending a message to the CPC address provided in your "Next Steps" email, instead of your CPC rep.

best of luck!

Edited by user Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6:23:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked doctorzoidberg for this useful post.
rebels8 on 3/29/2017(UTC)
rdog  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:52:20 AM(UTC)
rdog

United States

Originally Posted by: doctorzoidberg Go to Quoted Post

Hey rdog, I'm in the same boat as you. Immediately after submitting my documents in January, I attempted to confirm receipt with my CPC contact with no luck. Last week I decided to email CPC directly, and within a week I was given confirmation that my documents were received and pending review/processing. If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest sending a message to the CPC address provided in your "Next Steps" email, instead of your CPC rep.

best of luck!

Thanks doctorzoidberg, I tried that before with no luck. At this point hopefully they aren't getting as many emails and would respond. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
rdog  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 5:12:33 PM(UTC)
rdog

United States

Wrote to the general CPC email and I got contacted today 7pm (so they must really be swamped) to schedule interviews/tests. Ahh, I'm so relieved, I feel like a kid in the candy store:)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed