Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<111213
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rebels8  
#241 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 5:16:26 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AshleyA Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

I just recently found this forum, I feel like I'm late to the party.

I attended the hiring event in December 2016 and received a conditional job offer. Last I heard (about 2 weeks ago) I'm still in adjudication. Along with you all, I'm sure, I've started to get a little impatient! Any updates or thoughts on the process?

Are there a lot of us still waiting?

Thanks in advance.

I'm a fellow December 2016 CJO holder. My career field is Mission Management. I became cleared in early August, but I still haven't received a FJO yet. What's your career field(s)?

Edited by user Friday, October 13, 2017 5:17:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#MMlivesmatter
rebels8  
#242 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 5:23:29 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Chevy82 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

I attended the hiring event in December 2016 and received a conditional job offer. Last I heard (about 2 weeks ago) I'm still in adjudication. Along with you all, I'm sure, I've started to get a little impatient! Any updates or thoughts on the process?

Thanks in advance.

I'm a fellow December 2016 CJO holder. My career field is Mission Management. I became cleared in early August, but I still haven't received a FJO yet. What's your career field(s)?

He also went to CPC twice because of a snow storm.

Teehee :)

Yeah, my poly had to be rescheduled, which I thought that they would never get around to doing.lol
#MMlivesmatter
AshleyA  
#243 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 5:23:51 AM(UTC)
AshleyA

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I'm not sure if I am responding correctly - I apologize if I'm creating too many threads over here.

Yay! That's a step in the right direction. How did you find out you were cleared? I was offered 2 CJOs in the Human Services Career Field.

Yikes, that's no fun. I did CPC (polygraph/security/psychology) April 19 & 20. From my knowledge, my background investigation wrapped up at the end of July.
thanks 1 user thanked AshleyA for this useful post.
rebels8 on 10/13/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#244 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 5:28:01 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

How did you find out you were cleared?

I had emailed the Hiring Pool to ask them about me possibly being in adjudication and about a week later, they responded and said that I had cleared. My BI was also completed at the end of July. I'm still surprised at how fast my adjudication took.
#MMlivesmatter
thanks 1 user thanked rebels8 for this useful post.
AshleyA on 10/13/2017(UTC)
AshleyA  
#245 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 5:30:31 AM(UTC)
AshleyA

United States

Oh nice! I've been e-mailing periodically as well, I'm worried I'll bother them too much so I try to give a bit of time between each e-mail.

I have family overseas & am thinking that may be a reason my adjudication is taking forever, but that is just a guess. I hope you receive your FJO soon, please keep us updated!
rebels8 on 10/13/2017(UTC)
HeyVern  
#246 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 5:37:06 AM(UTC)
HeyVern

United States

Was thanked: 187 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

*****....I wish we could give upvotes in here.
thanks 5 users thanked HeyVern for this useful post.
Chevy82 on 10/13/2017(UTC), rebels8 on 10/13/2017(UTC), AshleyA on 10/13/2017(UTC), Kd17 on 10/13/2017(UTC), auspex on 10/13/2017(UTC)
auspex  
#247 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 11:50:46 AM(UTC)
auspex

United States

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HeyVern Go to Quoted Post

Upvoted.

That was easily the second
most annoying board hogging in recent history.
HeyVern  
#248 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 12:18:55 PM(UTC)
HeyVern

United States

Was thanked: 187 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: auspex Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HeyVern Go to Quoted Post

Upvoted.

That was easily the second
most annoying board hogging in recent history.

I concur!
Kd17  
#249 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 5:36:06 AM(UTC)
Kd17

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Ok so it’s been a year since applying to the December hiring event and now my application no longer shows on the status page. The status no longer says “accepted” is this the case with anyone else?
AshleyA  
#250 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 6:15:47 AM(UTC)
AshleyA

United States

Originally Posted by: Kd17 Go to Quoted Post
Ok so it’s been a year since applying to the December hiring event and now my application no longer shows on the status page. The status no longer says “accepted” is this the case with anyone else?

Hi ! There is a drop down arrow and you can 'Display applications from', and select 'all applications'. Once you click that you should see yours.
Kd17 on 11/13/2017(UTC)
Kd17  
#251 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 8:07:16 AM(UTC)
Kd17

United States

Oh ok thank you
Kd17  
#252 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:45:26 AM(UTC)
Kd17

United States

Let’s go December hiring team!! It can’t be a full year without our FJO!! Most of us have been cleared since the summer! It’s a matter of time now! Stay positive people!
thanks 1 user thanked Kd17 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 11/14/2017(UTC)
Yukon3  
#253 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:24:44 AM(UTC)
Yukon3

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Three months cleared.

Helpful tip: It is a lot easier to just give up and hope for a call out of nowhere. I haven't rescinded my offer, but I am trying to pursue other opportunities. Just. Give. Up. You'll thank me when they finally call and you actually forget why.
thanks 1 user thanked Yukon3 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 11/14/2017(UTC)
Kd17  
#254 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:06:08 AM(UTC)
Kd17

United States

You might be right but here in Miami there isn’t many opportunities for federal work like in DC and Virginia. There’s not alot of contracting jobs either to build your resume and the competition here is crazy.
Bird_Dog_703  
#255 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 10:52:27 AM(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Greetings all. I wanted to ask for those that received an FJO/EOD date, did you attempt to negotiate your CJO and were you successful? I asked a few buddies who are already in federal service and the results were mixed. Two were able to submit pay-stubs and get revised offers. Three others were told "take it or leave it" and would have to take fairly substantial pay cuts if they took the position. Seems that the govts flexibility is a bit limited when it comes to matching salaries. Just trying to get the "pulse" in today hiring environment. Thanks!
IThinkImAFed?  
#256 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 11:35:16 AM(UTC)
IThinkImAFed?

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bird_Dog_703 Go to Quoted Post
Greetings all. I wanted to ask for those that received an FJO/EOD date, did you attempt to negotiate your CJO and were you successful? I asked a few buddies who are already in federal service and the results were mixed. Two were able to submit pay-stubs and get revised offers. Three others were told "take it or leave it" and would have to take fairly substantial pay cuts if they took the position. Seems that the govts flexibility is a bit limited when it comes to matching salaries. Just trying to get the "pulse" in today hiring environment. Thanks!

They should match your salary (up to a certain point... GG-10, Step 00) if you're a current/prior fed and you provide an SF-50. Not sure about how re-negotiating your salary works if you don't have an SF-50 to provide to them.
thanks 1 user thanked IThinkImAFed? for this useful post.
Bird_Dog_703 on 11/14/2017(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703  
#257 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 12:31:46 PM(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703

United States

Originally Posted by: IThinkImAFed? Go to Quoted Post

They should match your salary (up to a certain point... GG-10, Step 00) if you're a current/prior fed and you provide an SF-50. Not sure about how re-negotiating your salary works if you don't have an SF-50 to provide to them.

Thanks for the reply.

Quick follow-up question...They will still match even though they have alternate candidates that would likely accept an "as is" offer? I would be coming from the private sector with no federal experience.

UX1192  
#258 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 12:35:25 PM(UTC)
UX1192

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 73 post(s)

Thanks for the reply.

Quick follow-up question...They will still match even though they have alternate candidates that would likely accept an "as is" offer? I would be coming from the private sector with no federal experience.

I asked about private sector pay negotiation and it seemed pretty much off the table. You might be able to get a step or two higher at most.
thanks 1 user thanked UX1192 for this useful post.
Bird_Dog_703 on 11/14/2017(UTC)
IThinkImAFed?  
#259 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:11:57 PM(UTC)
IThinkImAFed?

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, the highest DIA offer I've personally heard of for someone with no federal experience, with a masters, is a GG-10, Step 3. Though, that's only what I've seen, other people may have heard otherwise!

Doesn't hurt to ask if you can re-negotiate your salary! The salaries that we were all initially offered were decided with our educational and professional backgrounds taken into account, so essentially it's all based on you, the individual. If you ask, the worst they can say is "no, take it or leave it". It's unlikely that they are going to say that they have other people in the pipeline and cut you because you asked for more money.

Think of it this way: Every position DIA offers, they have to assume that once that person starts working, they might just stay in their position forever, have no motivation or drive to switch into a higher graded billet, and will eventually max out. Even if they hire a GG-7 Step 1, they have to budget for a GG-12 Step 10 in the event they max out and stay in their billet forever.
Bird_Dog_703  
#260 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:15:53 PM(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703

United States

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, the highest DIA offer I've personally heard of for someone with no federal experience, with a masters, is a GG-10, Step 3. Though, that's only what I've seen, other people may have heard otherwise!

Doesn't hurt to ask if you can re-negotiate your salary! The salaries that we were all initially offered were decided with our educational and professional backgrounds taken into account, so essentially it's all based on you, the individual. If you ask, the worst they can say is "no, take it or leave it". It's unlikely that they are going to say that they have other people in the pipeline and cut you because you asked for more money.

Think of it this way: Every position DIA offers, they have to assume that once that person starts working, they might just stay in their position forever, have no motivation or drive to switch into a higher graded billet, and will eventually max out. Even if they hire a GG-7 Step 1, they have to budget for a GG-12 Step 10 in the event they max out and stay in their billet forever.

Ok thanks for the feedback!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed