Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

47 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fullcast  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 3:21:51 PM(UTC)
Fullcast

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Background investigator came to town a couple of weeks ago now. Did the SF-86 interview and met with a lot of people. Haven't heard anything back from NGA, how can I find out if the BI is complete and sent to adjudication? Would the HR PoC at NGA know, or would I have to get in contact with someone else?
SisypheanHamsterWheel  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 5:04:33 AM(UTC)
SisypheanHamsterWheel

United States

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fullcast Go to Quoted Post
Background investigator came to town a couple of weeks ago now. Did the SF-86 interview and met with a lot of people. Haven't heard anything back from NGA, how can I find out if the BI is complete and sent to adjudication? Would the HR PoC at NGA know, or would I have to get in contact with someone else?

- The investigator can come at ANY POINT in the process.

- The investigative contracting company has a massive backlog.

- Personnel Security can check to see if an investigation is Open/Closed, but that's all they can check.

- Personnel Security will notify HR/APT once the investigation is complete.
STL-PM  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 10:28:43 AM(UTC)
STL-PM

Man
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Just talked to the local security office and confirmed which company is doing my investigation and that they have had it since mid-Oct or early Nov. I was told they should start the field work soon. Any idea what soon means because they did not...

ETA: By my estimate I am sitting between day 122 and 137 since my SF-86 was turned over to tje investigators.

Edited by user Thursday, March 2, 2017 10:34:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Additional information

Balder  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 3:22:17 PM(UTC)
Balder

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: STL-PM Go to Quoted Post
Just talked to the local security office and confirmed which company is doing my investigation and that they have had it since mid-Oct or early Nov. I was told they should start the field work soon. Any idea what soon means because they did not...

ETA: By my estimate I am sitting between day 122 and 137 since my SF-86 was turned over to tje investigators.

Hey fellow StLan. Yeah, so, I first received my initial EO in the beginning of June 2015. I didn't hear from an investigator until mid-October.

Through a connection who contacted security I was told I was in the queue as of early January. But my P.O.C. says my investigation hasn't wrapped up. In fact, yesterday a friend of mine in another state who was one of the references I listed said he was contacted by an investigator. So, that's at least 4 1/2 months that my investigation has been going on.

Two contacts I have at the NGA have both said that the whole process from start to finish (initial offer of employment to actual first day on the job) can take 15 - 18 months. I'm at 9 months so far.
SCgirl117  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 7:46:09 AM(UTC)
SCgirl117

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Balder Go to Quoted Post

Two contacts I have at the NGA have both said that the whole process from start to finish (initial offer of employment to actual first day on the job) can take 15 - 18 months. I'm at 9 months so far.

I agree with your contacts. Just to upgrade my clearance for my current job last year took 15 months. There is a TON of sitting and waiting.

Edited by user Friday, March 3, 2017 7:46:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: misquote

STL-PM  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 1:18:39 PM(UTC)
STL-PM

Man
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I would love to see the number of people who stop waiting and just move on with their lives.
MadDog1080  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 1:46:43 PM(UTC)
MadDog1080

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I would love to see the number of people who stop waiting and just move on with their lives.

Very good question. In my time since since receiving my CJO, I've had 2 major companies contact me and 1 AFPC recruiter all reach out to me, unsolicited, and basically all I've said I appreciate their time, but I'm in a holding pattern with big opportunity. I have no regrets about turning all three of these folks down, but your comment does make me wonder how many people don't wait the process all out.
Balder  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 3:25:33 PM(UTC)
Balder

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MadDog1080 Go to Quoted Post

Very good question. In my time since since receiving my CJO, I've had 2 major companies contact me and 1 AFPC recruiter all reach out to me, unsolicited, and basically all I've said I appreciate their time, but I'm in a holding pattern with big opportunity. I have no regrets about turning all three of these folks down, but your comment does make me wonder how many people don't wait the process all out.

I don't know the numbers either, but I'm led to believe it's substantial. I went into this not knowing/understanding very much at all about the process. It's been a learn as I go process because the P.O.C's aren't very helpful or informative. You have to know the right questions to ask and who to ask. Basically, you have to know what you don't know to find out what you need to know. o_0

I've either read or heard that the dropout numbers are high enough that NGA is concerned but apparently their hands are tied. The process has become only more cumbersome and slow/long since 9/11 and then with the subsequent actions of Snowden and Manning.

I already work for a defense contractor that works with the NGA. There's positives and negatives to this as I wait... Ha! Thankfully I'm happy with my company and job and my boss is willing to keep me until I get an official start date. So, I sit and wait. :/
jms1979  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2017 3:11:42 PM(UTC)
jms1979

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Seen on the DIA forum that the DIA received exemptions for several job categories under the current hiring freeze. Did anyone in the process receive an email regarding that? I'll ping my recruiter on Monday but one would think if the DIA rec'd exemptions, the NGA would as well.
thanks 1 user thanked jms1979 for this useful post.
SisypheanHamsterWheel on 3/6/2017(UTC)
Fullcast  
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2017 6:02:55 PM(UTC)
Fullcast

United States

Another investigator who is actually stationed in my city came out and interviewed a member of my family this week and one of my POCs listed on the SF-86 in my old hometown an hour and a half away. He said that the investigation should be nearly wrapped up after visiting with family. Also said that if my position wasn't exempted they would've cancelled the BI and just cut the losses there instead of letting it go through, so that should be good news for us who are still undergoing the investigations.

I really hope I start before June. I've got work until then, but after June I don't know what I'll do.
SisypheanHamsterWheel  
#11 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 5:54:09 AM(UTC)
SisypheanHamsterWheel

United States

Very good question. In my time since since receiving my CJO, I've had 2 major companies contact me and 1 AFPC recruiter all reach out to me, unsolicited, and basically all I've said I appreciate their time, but I'm in a holding pattern with big opportunity.

Where did they find you? ClearanceJobs.com? LinkedIn?
I'm about to deactivate my LinkedIn account because I keep getting pestered by recruiters, despite having said I'm not looking for a job.

...but your comment does make me wonder how many people don't wait the process all out.

I wondered out loud the other day "Why would anyone do this??? Wait a year+ and have your life poked and prodded?" but I guess the answer is "It's the chance of a lifetime". Not everyone has the luxury of being able to wait 12-15 months for a job, but being considered "top talent" and being able to provide support to the IC is a good and noble thing.
someoldguy  
#12 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 7:02:51 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 908 time(s) in 761 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SisypheanHamsterWheel Go to Quoted Post
I'm about to deactivate my LinkedIn account because I keep getting pestered by recruiters, despite having said I'm not looking for a job.

A couple friends who were actively looking a couple years ago say they still get contacted by headhunters. I think the recruiters are desperate because sometimes people get called for jobs by recruiters who say they are a "perfect fit" despite the position bearing no resemblance whatsoever to the resume... which is now several years old.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
MadDog1080  
#13 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 9:40:30 AM(UTC)
MadDog1080

Where did they find you? ClearanceJobs.com? LinkedIn?

The federal role was a little bit after I accepted my current federal TO. I think the person had my resume from a DoD career fair I attended awhile ago. Another role was from a good friend of mine whom has been trying to get me on his team. The last was a recruiter who found me from a resume bank/basket after I had been employed referred by a friend of mine.

I did not want to lead any of them on, even though each (on the private side for sure) would have been very solid opportunities.

My LinkedIn profile is very generic as it's difficult to elaborate on all that I do with a clearance. So, really no out of the blue hits there. I do have a friend though that's being recruited by LinkedIn on LinkedIn...lol.

I wondered out loud the other day "Why would anyone do this??? Wait a year+ and have your life poked and prodded?" but I guess the answer is "It's the chance of a lifetime". Not everyone has the luxury of being able to wait 12-15 months for a job, but being considered "top talent" and being able to provide support to the IC is a good and noble thing.

Yes, it feels good to be considered "top talent" ---- totally agree... It's just I can totally see somebody in my shoes having other circumstances that come up that force them, through no fault of their own, to pursue other opportunities instead.
Mips55  
#14 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 12:00:22 PM(UTC)
Mips55

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Saw that they have job postings on the main site. Anyone hear of specific positions that are exempt? Many GEOINT Analyst positions on the site, but not imagery analyst, so curious.
SisypheanHamsterWheel  
#15 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 3:12:08 PM(UTC)
SisypheanHamsterWheel

United States

Originally Posted by: Mips55 Go to Quoted Post
Saw that they have job postings on the main site. Anyone hear of specific positions that are exempt? Many GEOINT Analyst positions on the site, but not imagery analyst, so curious.

Hopefully that is a good sign the exemption train is pulling into the station.
jms1979  
#16 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 6:00:29 PM(UTC)
jms1979

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
In re: to imagery contact analyst, I would suspect they are coming as well. My contact/recruiter says there should be at least. Take it for what it's worth...
SisypheanHamsterWheel  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 5:37:52 AM(UTC)
SisypheanHamsterWheel

United States

Elephant in the room: the picture. Will an admin get rid of it or shall we start a new thread?
sig_23  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 6:45:52 AM(UTC)
sig_23

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Received my conditional offer.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:00:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked sig_23 for this useful post.
SisypheanHamsterWheel on 3/7/2017(UTC)
MadDog1080  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:27:06 AM(UTC)
MadDog1080

Elephant in the room: the picture. Will an admin get rid of it or shall we start a new thread?

Click his username and then the appropriate button for "ignore user".
Fullcast  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 3:17:32 PM(UTC)
Fullcast

United States

Originally Posted by: sig_23 Go to Quoted Post
Received my conditional offer.

Looks like the hiring freeze is up for NGA NSec positions then!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed