Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

47 Pages«<454647
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
faleoo  
#921 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:15:41 AM(UTC)
faleoo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Lakeshore, that is definitely a question for your application advisor, who works with hiring offices to find you a billet. I was selected for DC, but after being cleared I asked my advisor to put my on lists for offices everywhere. She just said they will reach out to hiring offices with my interest. Nothing has happened since, but...nothing bad has happened. It's your life and career, so you should at least ask about the possibilities of staying in DC. Personally, I think I'd rather move to St. L. Traffic in DMV sucks. Good luck.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:16:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

faleoo  
#922 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 2:55:48 AM(UTC)
faleoo

After waiting placement for 19 months, I have been told that I am NO LONGER BEING CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT. Apparently, I should have received a letter in the mail about this last month. I didn't, but my application advisor informed me when I checked-in with my status the other day. This news is crushing, absolutely crushing. For 2 years, since the COE, I have been looking forward with great anticipation to starting. I was given COE for Human Geographer, the position for which I applied. It was my dream job. I never believed that they would terminate my application after I received clearance. I thought I was "gold." They told me "it is not a matter of if, just when." But, the worst just happened. As of now, I don't have any reason for this. As I've said in previous posts, you're not at NGA until your at NGA. Good luck to the rest of you.
faleoo  
#923 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 3:40:45 AM(UTC)
faleoo

I received the letter from NGA explaining that since my COE, they had changed their mission and were no longer hiring my position (Human Geographer). They encouraged me to apply to other positions (they spent all that money on my clearance, after all.). Huge, huge, bummer, but life goes on. Maybe I'll re-apply someday, but not likely since I don't qualify for other positions. I am interested in how I can use this clearance to find a new position though. Any ideas? Till then, better luck to everyone else.
schwarma  
#924 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 10:42:03 AM(UTC)
schwarma

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
@faleoo I have heard other people have luck with clearancejobs.com, I get quite a few messages on there, but I never really sort through them or do anything with them.
thanks 1 user thanked schwarma for this useful post.
faleoo on 9/6/2019(UTC)
velcroTech  
#925 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 10:53:21 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Originally Posted by: faleoo Go to Quoted Post
I received the letter from NGA explaining that since my COE, they had changed their mission and were no longer hiring my position (Human Geographer). They encouraged me to apply to other positions (they spent all that money on my clearance, after all.). Huge, huge, bummer, but life goes on. Maybe I'll re-apply someday, but not likely since I don't qualify for other positions. I am interested in how I can use this clearance to find a new position though. Any ideas? Till then, better luck to everyone else.

That is too bad. Have you applied at CIA or DIA?
thanks 1 user thanked velcroTech for this useful post.
faleoo on 9/6/2019(UTC)
faleoo  
#926 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 4:05:23 AM(UTC)
faleoo

I plan on dropping off resumes at CIA, etc. I did that years ago, so no harm in trying again. Clearancejobs.com is a good idea. Does anyone know if I can actually claim I have clearance when looking/applying for these jobs even though it wasn't activated (I never had an EOD)?
velcroTech  
#927 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 5:49:24 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Originally Posted by: faleoo Go to Quoted Post
I plan on dropping off resumes at CIA, etc. I did that years ago, so no harm in trying again. Clearancejobs.com is a good idea. Does anyone know if I can actually claim I have clearance when looking/applying for these jobs even though it wasn't activated (I never had an EOD)?

How do you know you have a clearance?
faleoo  
#928 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 5:56:04 AM(UTC)
faleoo

I was successfully adjudicated last year.
JPs  
#929 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:40:22 AM(UTC)
JPs

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is the applicant portal site down for anyone else? I tried accessing on 2 different devices at various times since Sunday and the page will not load.
JPs  
#930 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 6:12:38 AM(UTC)
JPs

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Based on information and timelines shared on this thread, it appears that there can be a very wide range of time between receiving a clearance and receiving EODs. Currently, I'm sitting at 4 months.

I'm hoping that with the new fiscal year starting next week, it may mean I'll be hearing shortly. Is this a valid hope, or just a fool's dream?

Anyway, I'm just in a wait and see position...
Gucci  
#931 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 6:15:55 AM(UTC)
Gucci

Seems like its been radio silence for a while. Anyone have any updates at all? I've been "awaiting placement" for nearly 6 months now. I'm definitely getting antsy.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed