Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

49 Pages«<474849
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gucci  
#961 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 5:33:06 AM(UTC)
Gucci

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/8/2019(UTC)
Posts: 10

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Also no news... Have been waiting 8 months for an EOD, and it has been 14 months since my COE. So @ML50, that's a very good point about trying to negotiate a higher salary considering the additional 1-2 years of experience
pbjtime  
#962 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 2:00:27 PM(UTC)
pbjtime

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/2/2017(UTC)
Posts: 11

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
No updates here either.

For those who are now in the "Awaiting Placement" phase, were you ever notified when your BI was closed and your case was moved into adjudication? Or were you only notified that your security clearance processing was finished once your case had been favorably adjudicated? My contact doesn't get specific when I ask if my investigation is closed yet and if I am just now waiting on adjudication. They always just say my security processing is pending.
l33tsauce  
#963 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 5:53:46 PM(UTC)
l33tsauce

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/31/2019(UTC)
Posts: 10
United States
Location: St. Louis

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I wasn't notified of anything... the communication was terrible. I had to log in to the applicant hub several times a week and find out for myself.
thanks 1 user thanked l33tsauce for this useful post.
pbjtime on 1/23/2020(UTC)
Gucci  
#964 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 5:40:27 AM(UTC)
Gucci

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/8/2019(UTC)
Posts: 10

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: l33tsauce Go to Quoted Post
I wasn't notified of anything... the communication was terrible. I had to log in to the applicant hub several times a week and find out for myself.


This was also my experience. I discovered it for myself through the applicant hub, and after reaching out to my HR POC, confirmed that all BI was finished and I was eligible to start working.
thanks 1 user thanked Gucci for this useful post.
pbjtime on 1/23/2020(UTC)
fedusername1  
#965 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 5:54:44 AM(UTC)
fedusername1

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/3/2020(UTC)
Posts: 4
United States
Location: US

I also wasn't notified, but the applicant hub said security processing was completed and I confirmed it with the HR rep.

Originally Posted by: pbjtime Go to Quoted Post

Congrats on your EOD! Do you mind sharing directorate, or department, or work role area?


Without doxxing the guy, I'm nearly certain I interviewed with him and he was going in as an imagery analyst. I regret declining the offer for that position.
pbjtime  
#966 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 5:41:22 AM(UTC)
pbjtime

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/2/2017(UTC)
Posts: 11

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Has anyone here filled out one of those Pre Hire Assessment Questionnaires for an Imagery Analyst position? I just filled one out for the most recent IA posting - it had a bunch of questions on there, asking me to go into detail with examples from education/experience showcasing the qualifications for the job. I've never had such an extensive questionnaire for any position I applied for at NGA, so was wondering if it is something new. For anyone who has done one of those, how long did it take you to hear if you were moving to the next step?
Gucci  
#967 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:21:54 AM(UTC)
Gucci

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/8/2019(UTC)
Posts: 10

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pbjtime Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone here filled out one of those Pre Hire Assessment Questionnaires for an Imagery Analyst position? I just filled one out for the most recent IA posting - it had a bunch of questions on there, asking me to go into detail with examples from education/experience showcasing the qualifications for the job. I've never had such an extensive questionnaire for any position I applied for at NGA, so was wondering if it is something new. For anyone who has done one of those, how long did it take you to hear if you were moving to the next step?


I completed a questionnaire for an IA position as well. 3-4 weeks after completing it, I received an email stating that, "Your application is under consideration by one or more relevant NGA offices." Nothing since.
fedusername1  
#968 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 1:47:36 PM(UTC)
fedusername1

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/3/2020(UTC)
Posts: 4
United States
Location: US

Originally Posted by: pbjtime Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone here filled out one of those Pre Hire Assessment Questionnaires for an Imagery Analyst position? I just filled one out for the most recent IA posting - it had a bunch of questions on there, asking me to go into detail with examples from education/experience showcasing the qualifications for the job. I've never had such an extensive questionnaire for any position I applied for at NGA, so was wondering if it is something new. For anyone who has done one of those, how long did it take you to hear if you were moving to the next step?


The two IA positions I applied to in 2019 used a hirevue questionnaire with 3 or 4 questions on it. I also just filled out one for an IA position in the last few weeks where they added a bunch of "detail your experience" questions in addition to the standard 3, so I think it is new. For the previous two positions, it was usually only 2-4 weeks after submission before I was invited to a hiring event.
enellj  
#969 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 7:43:24 AM(UTC)
enellj

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/16/2020(UTC)
Posts: 2

I've been lurking for a while looking for a glimmer of hope. I have finally found some. After two years in the making, here is my timeline:

03/29/2018 - Applied (Maritime Cartographer)
06/04/2018 - Offered interview
06/07/2018 - Completed interview
07/05/2018 - Selected for position
07/15/2018 - Accepted offer
07/23/2018 - Submitted COE
08/07/2018 - Assigned office sponsor (separate from applicant sponsor)
09/18/2018 - Urinalysis
01/30/2019 - Vision screening
02/14/2019 - Awaiting placement
03/14/2020 - Offered EOD
04/27/2020 - EOD (offered one in April and one in May)

The process took forever even though I already had a clearance, I work here as a contractor (so they have my clearance), and I already have a CI Poly. I was told that when they are low on applicants in the awaiting placement pool, they extend more offers. However, when branches are hiring, they review the list in the awaiting placement pool and select from there. So your EOD is based off of the office's need vice a specific position most times (not all). Hope this helps someone and good luck to those who are still awaiting placement!

Edited by user Tuesday, March 17, 2020 7:45:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Correction

pbjtime  
#970 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 7:50:52 AM(UTC)
pbjtime

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/2/2017(UTC)
Posts: 11

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: enellj Go to Quoted Post
I've been lurking for a while looking for a glimmer of hope. I have finally found some. After two years in the making, here is my timeline:

03/29/2018 - Applied (Maritime Cartographer)
06/04/2018 - Offered interview
06/07/2018 - Completed interview
07/05/2018 - Selected for position
07/15/2018 - Accepted offer
07/23/2018 - Submitted COE
08/07/2018 - Assigned office sponsor (separate from applicant sponsor)
09/18/2018 - Urinalysis
01/30/2019 - Vision screening
02/14/2019 - Awaiting placement
03/14/2020 - Offered EOD
04/27/2020 - EOD (offered one in April and one in May)

The process took forever even though I already had a clearance, I work here as a contractor (so they have my clearance), and I already have a CI Poly. I was told that when they are low on applicants in the awaiting placement pool, they extend more offers. However, when branches are hiring, they review the list in the awaiting placement pool and select from there. So your EOD is based off of the office's need vice a specific position most times (not all). Hope this helps someone and good luck to those who are still awaiting placement!


Congrats on the EOD! Awesome that you got scheduled just before all this COVID-19 madness. I just received an e-mail from NGA stating my pre-employment processing will be delayed for an unknown amount of time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I'm just glad my clearance is finished at least.

Edited by user Friday, March 20, 2020 7:51:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

enellj  
#971 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 8:16:52 AM(UTC)
enellj

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/16/2020(UTC)
Posts: 2

I unfortunately just got the same email today.
l33tsauce  
#972 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 7:49:57 AM(UTC)
l33tsauce

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/31/2019(UTC)
Posts: 10
United States
Location: St. Louis

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I got an email:

"As we continue to work through the current COVID-19 pandemic, we want to let you know that your current pre-employment processing with NGA will be delayed."


I can't believe the process was moving along so fast, and now it is delayed! 🤣

I wonder what this means for us all long term.

Edited by user Sunday, March 29, 2020 7:50:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

pbjtime  
#973 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2020 7:18:03 AM(UTC)
pbjtime

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/2/2017(UTC)
Posts: 11

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: enellj Go to Quoted Post
I unfortunately just got the same email today.


Did you ever hear back from anyone after you had your EOD scheduled and then we all got the COVID delay email?

Anyone hear anything from their contacts?

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.
fedusername1  
#974 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2020 11:34:07 AM(UTC)
fedusername1

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/3/2020(UTC)
Posts: 4
United States
Location: US

Originally Posted by: pbjtime Go to Quoted Post
Anyone hear anything from their contacts?


I got a note saying they're resuming onboarding for a very limited number of positions supporting the covid response, but everyone else is still on pause.

ML50  
#975 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2020 2:14:02 PM(UTC)
ML50

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2020(UTC)
Posts: 6
United States
Location: STL

Originally Posted by: pbjtime Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: enellj Go to Quoted Post
I unfortunately just got the same email today.


Did you ever hear back from anyone after you had your EOD scheduled and then we all got the COVID delay email?

Anyone hear anything from their contacts?

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.


Got an email the other day stating pre employment and on-boarding still on hold.

What is the applicant hub? They said we can check status there but I've never been told that before. I don't have a username or password.

pbjtime  
#976 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2020 5:20:33 AM(UTC)
pbjtime

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/2/2017(UTC)
Posts: 11

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ML50 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: pbjtime Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: enellj Go to Quoted Post
I unfortunately just got the same email today.


Did you ever hear back from anyone after you had your EOD scheduled and then we all got the COVID delay email?

Anyone hear anything from their contacts?

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.


Got an email the other day stating pre employment and on-boarding still on hold.

What is the applicant hub? They said we can check status there but I've never been told that before. I don't have a username or password.




When I first accepted the COE, I received an email giving me a login to the Applicant Hub. It is basically just a little dashboard that tracks your status throughout the process (for example, when my security processing finished, it was updated in there). If you started processing over a year ago, you might have started before they rolled out the Applicant Hub. I think it is relatively new (within the last couple of years or so).

ML50  
#977 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2020 6:45:02 AM(UTC)
ML50

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2020(UTC)
Posts: 6
United States
Location: STL

Originally Posted by: pbjtime Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ML50 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: pbjtime Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: enellj Go to Quoted Post
I unfortunately just got the same email today.


Did you ever hear back from anyone after you had your EOD scheduled and then we all got the COVID delay email?

Anyone hear anything from their contacts?

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.


Got an email the other day stating pre employment and on-boarding still on hold.

What is the applicant hub? They said we can check status there but I've never been told that before. I don't have a username or password.



When I first accepted the COE, I received an email giving me a login to the Applicant Hub. It is basically just a little dashboard that tracks your status throughout the process (for example, when my security processing finished, it was updated in there). If you started processing over a year ago, you might have started before they rolled out the Applicant Hub. I think it is relatively new (within the last couple of years or so).



Got ya. My COE was almost 2 years ago (June 2018). I was adjudicated over 1 year ago (Mar 2019). Probably why I didn't get one
I got a call right before covid 19 to confirm my info so I thought I was about to get my EOD but then this. Hopefully once it picks back up I can get in. They wanted to do pre employment testing again. I already did all that. Not sure if I have to do part over since it has been so long or what

Edited by user Wednesday, April 29, 2020 6:45:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

l33tsauce  
#978 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 10:52:09 AM(UTC)
l33tsauce

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/31/2019(UTC)
Posts: 10
United States
Location: St. Louis

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am wondering what the long term effect of Coronavirus will be for those of us that are waiting to be placed into a position
ML50  
#979 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 6:44:32 PM(UTC)
ML50

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2020(UTC)
Posts: 6
United States
Location: STL

Originally Posted by: l33tsauce Go to Quoted Post
I am wondering what the long term effect of Coronavirus will be for those of us that are waiting to be placed into a position


Since I'm just waiting for a start date and position to open hopefully some people retire. The NSA thread said some people started getting emails this week for EODs so hopefully that starts for us
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
49 Pages«<474849
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 1.101 seconds.