Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Commerce

The Commerce Department's mission is to help make American businesses more innovative at home and more competitive abroad. It is comprised of 12 different agencies responsible for everything from weather forecasts to patent protection. They include:

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Leothecat  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 5:21:15 PM(UTC)
Leothecat

Groups: Registered

I read a post earlier on this site abiyt workplace hostility but I cannot locate it again. Several years ago I worked for a GS14. She belittled me in front of the team, overloaded me with work and too many other things to mention. I won went to HR and asked to be moved (the GS15 said he would not move me). That was a huge mistake and my work environment was absolutely horrible. I ended up in hospital and the situation worsened when I returned to work. Finally I made a union complaint and basically won my case but it took a long time. The GS 14 was moved and here I still sit. I have alplied for other jobs but feel like I have been black listed. I have applied for other positions in our shop and another GS 14 told me I am not qualified. I am a retired Army officer. This is ridiculous and I find it frustrating and cynical at the same time.
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 03, 2017 3:39:19 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 697 time(s) in 532 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Leothecat Go to Quoted Post
I read a post earlier on this site abiyt workplace hostility but I cannot locate it again. Several years ago I worked for a GS14. She belittled me in front of the team, overloaded me with work and too many other things to mention. I won went to HR and asked to be moved (the GS15 said he would not move me). That was a huge mistake and my work environment was absolutely horrible. I ended up in hospital and the situation worsened when I returned to work. Finally I made a union complaint and basically won my case but it took a long time. The GS 14 was moved and here I still sit. I have alplied for other jobs but feel like I have been black listed. I have applied for other positions in our shop and another GS 14 told me I am not qualified. I am a retired Army officer. This is ridiculous and I find it frustrating and cynical at the same time.
I'm not certain how being a retired army officer and being qualified are related. If the job is brain surgeon and your job in the army was infantry officer...no connection. If you were a brain surgeon in the Medical Corps, being a retired army officer isn't relevant...your experience as a brain surgeon is. The same is true regarding grade. I'm a GS-14 myself, but unless your series is 0260, I wouldn't presume I was qualified to do your job.

If you applied for other positions in your shop, there could be a reticence to put you in another position as it would simply be moving bodies around and not addressing the empty spot. I'd apply external to your organization and see what happens.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
thanks 1 user thanked frankgonzalez for this useful post.
SnarkyWitch on 4/5/2017(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed