Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
9 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CocoS  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 05, 2017 6:22:18 PM(UTC)
CocoS

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello everyone,

I'm an Oct-Nov 2016 Applicant for the JOA#DEAH20217 GS-09. I took the proctored test on 022017, and I'm now waiting to hear if I made it to Phase IV. How many of you have applied in 2016?Has anybody taken the proctored test recently? or have any of the Oct-Noc 2016 applicants heard anything yet on Phase IV?.

One more question, does anybody know how is the proctored test graded? Thanks in advance for all the info, and good luck to everyone!
Hopefulhire  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 07, 2017 4:08:42 AM(UTC)
HopefulHire123

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CocoS Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

I'm an Oct-Nov 2016 Applicant for the JOA#DEAH20217 GS-09. I took the proctored test on 022017, and I'm now waiting to hear if I made it to Phase IV. How many of you have applied in 2016?Has anybody taken the proctored test recently? or have any of the Oct-Noc 2016 applicants heard anything yet on Phase IV?.

One more question, does anybody know how is the proctored test graded? Thanks in advance for all the info, and good luck to everyone!

I applied as well and took the test at then end of 02/17. Havent heard anything since. From what i have been seeing, it looks like applicants from 2015 are just getting to the onboarding process.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 07, 2017 9:15:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

islandgrl  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 07, 2017 7:52:55 AM(UTC)
islandgrl

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hello,

For information of when interviews will be "more or less" taking place, you can go back to the job announcement you originally applied to. The announcement usually lists a "target" month for interviews to start. It is usually about a month or two from the time the proctored tests are given, but things can change in this process. Sometimes it takes less time, and most times it takes longer. Patience and a positive attitude through this process helps a lot. Also, keep up with this forum if the waiting makes you "crazy". You can see the progress of others that applied, both before you and after, and you will most likely "see" when things start happening to others with a similar timeline as yours.

Notification for the interview comes through a phone call and/or email -- in my case I received both.

@cocos - I don't know how the proctored test is graded and I doubt that you will find that information readily available. We are not given a score when we are notified of the interview. You either pass or not.

I believe the few 2014 applicants that were left are in the academy as we speak. That's a 3yr wait. I am a 2015 applicant and praying, crossing my fingers, and doing a rain dance to get into a class this year. ;) You guys applied a few months ago and there is already another set of applicants that finished applying this last weekend. Things seem to be moving a little faster than before. That is hopeful news for all of us!! There is plenty of information on this forum that will help you, not only as FYI but also to kill time in the "nothing but crickets" periods.

Welcome to this craziness... for what I've been told it is all worth it in the end!! :-)

Edited by user Tuesday, March 07, 2017 7:56:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed line spacing for clarity

thanks 3 users thanked islandgrl for this useful post.
CocoS on 3/8/2017(UTC), JM06 on 3/12/2017(UTC), gpdamr136 on 3/22/2017(UTC)
CocoS  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 08, 2017 7:13:32 PM(UTC)
CocoS

United States

Originally Posted by: islandgrl Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

For information of when interviews will be "more or less" taking place, you can go back to the job announcement you originally applied to. The announcement usually lists a "target" month for interviews to start. It is usually about a month or two from the time the proctored tests are given, but things can change in this process. Sometimes it takes less time, and most times it takes longer. Patience and a positive attitude through this process helps a lot. Also, keep up with this forum if the waiting makes you "crazy". You can see the progress of others that applied, both before you and after, and you will most likely "see" when things start happening to others with a similar timeline as yours.

Notification for the interview comes through a phone call and/or email -- in my case I received both.

@cocos - I don't know how the proctored test is graded and I doubt that you will find that information readily available. We are not given a score when we are notified of the interview. You either pass or not.

I believe the few 2014 applicants that were left are in the academy as we speak. That's a 3yr wait. I am a 2015 applicant and praying, crossing my fingers, and doing a rain dance to get into a class this year. ;) You guys applied a few months ago and there is already another set of applicants that finished applying this last weekend. Things seem to be moving a little faster than before. That is hopeful news for all of us!! There is plenty of information on this forum that will help you, not only as FYI but also to kill time in the "nothing but crickets" periods.

Welcome to this craziness... for what I've been told it is all worth it in the end!! :-)

I wish we knew how the test is graded, I think I did great, but for the math portion I run out of time, and I ended up guessing my last two questions. We'll see;-) Thank you for the info. and I wish nothing but the very best for you! Good luck!!
Hopefulhire  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 7:18:43 AM(UTC)
HopefulHire123

United States

Has anyone from this announcement been scheduled for an interview? I was under the assumption that these interviews were set for late March.
Smiley85  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:25:03 PM(UTC)
Smiley85

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hopefulhire Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone from this announcement been scheduled for an interview? I was under the assumption that these interviews were set for late March.

Nothing on my end.
CocoS  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1:26:49 PM(UTC)
CocoS

United States

Nothing on my end.....I hope we hear something SOON;-)
gpdamr136  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2017 8:41:13 PM(UTC)
gpdamr136

United States

Nov 16 applicant here as well. Looking at a previous posting from a 2015 prospect in the other forum, they posted their timeline from start to finish. Thy got the interview notification 6 weeks after the closing of the assessments. So I would assume we could expect a call the first or second week of April, if they are on the same track. I look forward to going on this journey with all the other 2016 applicants. Knowing they are still putting announcements out there makes me hopeful our chances are good and hopefully quicker than done in the past. Good luck all!
AZcactus42  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 8:04:56 PM(UTC)
AZcactus42

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I agree.. we should be getting calls for interviews within the next few weeks.
CocoS  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 4:38:55 AM(UTC)
CocoS

United States

I really hope they start making phone calls SOON;-)
How did you ALL feel about the assessment?

Edited by user Thursday, March 30, 2017 4:16:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hopefulhire  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 8:58:49 AM(UTC)
HopefulHire123

United States

I really hope they start making phone calls SOON;-)
How did you ALL felt about the assessment?

The math and writing were fairly simple. The subjective portion is tough to call.

I don't expect to hear anything till late in the year if at all. Looks like the 2015 applicants are just starting to onboard.
Hopefulhire  
#12 Posted : Monday, April 03, 2017 9:43:00 AM(UTC)
HopefulHire123

United States

I noticed a couple people have been contacted for interviews. Anyone else on here get contacted? I applied for the Philly regional office interview.
Hopefulhire  
#13 Posted : Monday, April 03, 2017 12:54:24 PM(UTC)
HopefulHire123

United States

I just got notifed that i have an interview for Mid Apr
GearUp  
#14 Posted : Monday, April 03, 2017 1:16:48 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Sorry all! I posted the other day on the other Diversion thread that the recruiters would soon be getting their lists of candidates to interview. I should have posted it on this thread also. Expect calls this week and into next week to schedule your interview. Not sure how many will get the call. So it could go into the month of April depending on how many need to be interviewed.

Please keep in mind that the recruiter's job is a collateral duty and the DI doing that job has to work it in and around his/her case work. He/she also has to request the assistance of other DIs in the Division to sit on panels. Some of those DIs may have to come in from outer offices which could mean an overnight trip. So please, if you accept an invitation to interview do your best to keep the appointment. Its difficult having to seat a panel and reschedule interviews.

You wouldn't believe how many candidates accept an appointment for an interview and then just don't show up. Or how many show up late AND expect to be interviewed. Not a good first impression.

All of you seem motivated about this career. If you get the chance to interview, don't blow it.

Good luck to all.

Edited by user Monday, April 03, 2017 1:22:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked for this useful post.
CRJ@vet on 4/3/2017(UTC), HopefulHire123 on 4/3/2017(UTC), UtahAlumnus on 4/3/2017(UTC), CocoS on 4/4/2017(UTC)
UtahAlumnus  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 04, 2017 6:48:22 AM(UTC)
UtahAlumnus

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Scheduled for interview
audi0xpl0de  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 04, 2017 7:53:42 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: UtahAlumnus Go to Quoted Post
Scheduled for interview

Out of what location?
CocoS  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, April 04, 2017 2:22:43 PM(UTC)
CocoS

United States

Originally Posted by: audi0xpl0de Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: UtahAlumnus Go to Quoted Post
Scheduled for interview

Out of what location?

I still haven't heard anything, I contacted the e-mail provided in the job announcement earlier this morning, asking for a poc/phone number to find out if I had passed the proctored test, they responded within the hour stating that they still hadn't received the test results. I live 2 hours from Atlanta, and Im starting to think that maybe some geographic locations got the results earlier than others;-( I wish they call me SOON!
CocoS  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, April 04, 2017 2:25:36 PM(UTC)
CocoS

United States

Good Luck!!!!

Hopefulhire  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, April 04, 2017 2:34:49 PM(UTC)
HopefulHire123

United States

Good Luck!!!!

Thank You. Hope you hear something soon as well.
gpdamr136  
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 06, 2017 10:26:51 AM(UTC)
gpdamr136

United States

I also have not gotten a call for an interview but based on GearUp's post, it's pretty standard for the process. A little concerning about the results not being in, unless they don't really get the results at that office. Hopefully the rest of us hear something by next week. These posts are awesome but also cause a lot of anxiety when someone moves along the process and you don't yet. Lol
Rss Feed  Atom Feed