Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kappaman1912  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 4:56:30 PM(UTC)
kappaman1912

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 14 post(s)
A lot of us went through a lot of worrying and stress in 2016 and especially after the election. For those that were active ( all 20 of us) post updates if you wish.... and if you already came on board, WELCOME.... DIA is , in my opinion (and most others), the best Intel agency to work for. So for those of you waiting, I promise it's worth the wait :)!
thanks 2 users thanked kappaman1912 for this useful post.
Demrob75 on 4/12/2017(UTC), rebels8 on 4/12/2017(UTC)
swimbaitmaster  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:10:06 PM(UTC)
swimbaitmaster

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
just got notified on Monday that I was selected by an org and will be getting a FJO soon.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:10:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked swimbaitmaster for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/12/2017(UTC)
Chevy82  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 12:42:32 PM(UTC)
Chevy82

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 57 post(s)
I am so excited about this opportunity. I received my CJO 5 weeks ago and nothing yet form CPC. Im hoping I hear something in the next three weeks. I am sandbagging my leave so that I can use it to attend CPC. I have heard some very good things about DIA, and having worked briefly in the IC for about 8 months on orders with the ARNG, everyone DOD seemed to be much happier.

For now, though, it is simply a waiting game. I am sure everything will go by much faster after contact from CPC.
thanks 1 user thanked Chevy82 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/15/2017(UTC)
Der Meister  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 3:19:36 PM(UTC)
Der Meister

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: swimbaitmaster Go to Quoted Post
just got notified on Monday that I was selected by an org and will be getting a FJO soon.

Which hiring event were you given your CJO? I'm from May 2016 and still haven't heard anything since a request for more information by my BI in early March. I'm going out of the country for 10 days at the end of April, I really hope they don't call for the FJO while I'm out of the country. Of course, there is no one to contact to let them know I'll out of the country.
kappaman1912  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 3:23:02 PM(UTC)
kappaman1912

Originally Posted by: Der Meister Go to Quoted Post

Which hiring event were you given your CJO? I'm from May 2016 and still haven't heard anything since a request for more information by my BI in early March. I'm going out of the country for 10 days at the end of April, I really hope they don't call for the FJO while I'm out of the country. Of course, there is no one to contact to let them know I'll out of the country.

I am from May 2016.... I was hired with 6 of my friends and we all started in January. I lived in Iran for 3 years and my clearence was done in December. I say that to say you might want to have a good conversation with your BI investigator. He could have dropped the ball and not turned your stuff in. My entire touchstone class was Mayb2016
Der Meister  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 3:47:07 PM(UTC)
Der Meister

United States

Originally Posted by: kappaman1912 Go to Quoted Post

I am from May 2016.... I was hired with 6 of my friends and we all started in January. I lived in Iran for 3 years and my clearence was done in December. I say that to say you might want to have a good conversation with your BI investigator. He could have dropped the ball and not turned your stuff in. My entire touchstone class was Mayb2016

My BI investigator contacted me again in early March to ask for documents verifying two stints I had with the Census in 2009 and 2010, which I don't know why they couldn't just look up my W2s themselves. I asked her if this meant my case was in adjudication and she said that "The case manager did say this was the last item she was wrapping up, so hopefully your case is moving ahead." That's the last I heard.
kappaman1912  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 3:51:49 PM(UTC)
kappaman1912

I called my BI investigator on a weekly basis after I was informed he turned in this work to the case manager. He was done in a month. It took three more months until the case manager passed it forward. Several times, I called only to find out that more information was needed. I figured out that he was in contact with his manager on mondays, so I called on Tuesdays. They have a lot of cases, you have to be on top of them of you will become a check list.

I did the exact same thing with HR. They are supposed to have identified a position for you within two weeks. It took them 4 weeks for me and I made sure they were on top of it
Der Meister  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 4:03:30 PM(UTC)
Der Meister

United States

So after the BI hands in their work, their case manager sends it in for adjudication or it is the case manager that grants the clearance. Either way, I'll send an email to my BI to see where my case is in the process. Pretty soon it'll be 12 months and I'll have to take another drug test.
IntelPro  
#9 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 5:27:57 PM(UTC)
IntelPro

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I started 2 weeks ago...couldn't be happier!
afvetguy  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 6:17:18 PM(UTC)
afvetguy

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)

I too was contacted by my BI in late feb/early march and last month I was contacted by an adjudicator requesting more information. You may very well be in adjudication right now. If your case doesn't have any discrepancies you probably won´t be contacted by an adjudicator. BTW I´m pretty sure we are the only ones left waiting from the May 2016 hiring event. Preparing myself to drink tons of water in a short period of time.
Cwal897  
#11 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 7:22:15 PM(UTC)
Cwal897

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I would say for those of you who have been contacted by investigator requesting more information or to verify information be patient, you are definitely more than likely in adjudication the last part of the investigation. I was contacted at the end of February with a few questions the investigator wanted to verify! By the end of March I was cleared and for the past two weeks been discussing and negioationg my final offer details and finally I have a solid start date. I was also from the. May 2016 event so don't feel behind if you came from the event! Everyone situation is different and the best you can do is just be Patient! Calling every few days and being told the exact thing is not going change your timeframe!
Cwal897  
#12 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 7:24:03 PM(UTC)
Cwal897

Originally Posted by: IntelPro Go to Quoted Post
I started 2 weeks ago...couldn't be happier!

Congrats! So what have you learn since starting? Any information on. Promotion process? Teleworking? I'm assuming you completed touchstone is there specific job training process? How are the facilirties and people?
Demrob75  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 6:07:00 AM(UTC)
Demrob75

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 44 post(s)
GM Kappman and all,
Kapp, how did you find out who your bI investigator was? Email, phone call, etc?
Der Meister  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:04:00 PM(UTC)
Der Meister

United States

Originally Posted by: Demrob75 Go to Quoted Post
GM Kappman and all,
Kapp, how did you find out who your bI investigator was? Email, phone call, etc?

Your background investigator will call you to set up your meeting. If you don't answer their call, they have your email and will send you an email as well.
thanks 2 users thanked Der Meister for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/19/2017(UTC), Demrob75 on 4/20/2017(UTC)
Demrob75  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:22:52 AM(UTC)
Demrob75

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 44 post(s)
@Der Meister....the BI will call even if there are no issues with your background?
someoldguy  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:58:10 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 313 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Demrob75 Go to Quoted Post
@Der Meister....the BI will call even if there are no issues with your background?

In my case, I was never contacted. I had a 2014 investigation that they used. Other than the meeting during CPC I never spoke to an investigator.

Still took them nine months after CPC to adjudicate...
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
Demrob75 on 4/20/2017(UTC)
someoldguy  
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:34:44 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
Still took them nine months after CPC to adjudicate...

Nine months to begin or finish adjudication?

I went to CPC in June 2016 and got adjudicated in March 2017... I don't know exactly when adjudication started.

And nobody from DIA told me I was adjudicated; I'm currently cleared through a defense contractor and have been waiting a long time for my periodic update (based on that 2014 investigation) to be finalized. Security here at my current job told me I was finally adjudicated... but wondered why it was for a different agency...

oops.

Edited by user Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:35:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: try to clear things up

someoldguy  
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:16:04 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

I went to CPC in June 2016 and got adjudicated in March 2017... I don't know exactly when adjudication started.

Well at least you made it onto the "cleared list". Congratulations!

Thanks! But I'm not quite there yet. Waiting for that Final Job Offer!

Cwal897  
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 11:33:08 AM(UTC)
Cwal897

I think we pretty much has very similar timeline. I went to May 2016 event as well. I just received my FJO last week so you very well may be coming up soon. I was cleared at the end of March also. It may help to call the HR rep on your CJO letter. After I cleared I call that number and they said if I didn't hear anything by the next Friday to give them a call. I received my FJO that following Monday.

WaitingForever  
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:12:09 PM(UTC)
WaitingForever

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cwal897 Go to Quoted Post

I think we pretty much has very similar timeline. I went to May 2016 event as well. I just received my FJO last week so you very well may be coming up soon. I was cleared at the end of March also. It may help to call the HR rep on your CJO letter. After I cleared I call that number and they said if I didn't hear anything by the next Friday to give them a call. I received my FJO that following Monday.

How did you know specifically when you were cleared? Did someone from Security tell you?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed