Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nernl  
#81 Posted : Saturday, May 06, 2017 5:15:40 AM(UTC)
nernl

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Does anyone know if overseas offices are being assigned to people from the hiring events?

I ask because prior to the hiring event the analysis field had a location preference questionnaire which contained several overseas offices.

So far it seems that everyone has gone to the DC area. Vegeta327 seems to be the outlier, having gotten a Hawaii FJO.
Chevy82  
#82 Posted : Saturday, May 06, 2017 6:40:36 AM(UTC)
Chevy82

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nernl Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if overseas offices are being assigned to people from the hiring events? I ask because prior to the hiring event the analysis field had a location preference questionnaire which contained several overseas offices. So far it seems that everyone has gone to the DC area. Vegeta327 seems to be the outlier, having gotten a Hawaii FJO.

It was definitely surprising to hear a couple people mention Hawaii as their first duty station. I haven't read anything about people being assigned to Korea, Germany, or the United Kingdom yet. However, these locations were included in the hiring event announcements. So technically it must be possible, just not very likely. Same situation exists for people in the military. I know a few who got shipped abroad immediately after initial training. The number of slots is just low and very competitive. There's also a five year restriction for overseas assignments. Which means that an officer can not stay outside the United States for longer than five years at a time. This is their way of allowing senior officers to transfer abroad to make up for being stationed in Alaska.

This is my concern. I would love to go overseas, but would they really offer a FJO to Korea without a moving package? I mean, I suppose I could put everything in storage and hop on a plane and be ok.
Der Meister  
#83 Posted : Saturday, May 06, 2017 6:52:54 AM(UTC)
Der Meister

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
When you get your FJO, how long can you delay your start date? I have a friend's wedding in London coming up on July 22 and I was thinking of buying tickets at the end of May if I still haven't heard anything for a FJO by then (I'm a May 2016 hiring event CJO). Although if I get an FJO within the first two weeks of June, would I be able to delay it until the third week of July hypothetically or it would naturally take a while to still get a start date once getting an FJO?
swimbaitmaster  
#84 Posted : Saturday, May 06, 2017 6:56:07 AM(UTC)
swimbaitmaster

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Der Meister Go to Quoted Post
When you get your FJO, how long can you delay your start date? I have a friend's wedding in London coming up on July 22 and I was thinking of buying tickets at the end of May if I still haven't heard anything for a FJO by then (I'm a May 2016 hiring event CJO). Although if I get an FJO within the first two weeks of June, would I be able to delay it until the third week of July hypothetically or it would naturally take a while to still get a start date once getting an FJO?

I was able to delay mine 2 months. I didn't want to wait but my Fiance is a teacher and her school year ends in a couple months
someoldguy  
#85 Posted : Saturday, May 06, 2017 7:10:27 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 313 post(s)
When you get your FJO, how long can you delay your start date?

When I was contacted with a specific offer (but not yet final...) I asked if I could get at least four weeks delay before selecting a start date. They pushed back a little but seemed to indicate it was possible.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
MadDog1080  
#86 Posted : Saturday, May 06, 2017 7:16:53 AM(UTC)
MadDog1080

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
When you get your FJO, how long can you delay your start date?

When I was contacted with a specific offer (but not yet final...) I asked if I could get at least four weeks delay before selecting a start date. They pushed back a little but seemed to indicate it was possible.

Tell your HR contact that either their blood or your signature is going on that FJO.
Mac03  
#87 Posted : Monday, May 08, 2017 12:59:10 PM(UTC)
Mac03

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Does anyone know if overseas offices are being assigned to people from the hiring events?

I ask because prior to the hiring event the analysis field had a location preference questionnaire which contained several overseas offices.

So far it seems that everyone has gone to the DC area. Vegeta327 seems to be the outlier, having gotten a Hawaii FJO.

I was told by HR that overseas can be offered in FJO

Also, can anyone shed light on how soon you can get started after FJO? I see a lot of people trying to put off start dates, but I will be accepting the closest one once my FJO comes through.

Edited by user Monday, May 08, 2017 1:00:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cwal897  
#88 Posted : Monday, May 08, 2017 1:58:38 PM(UTC)
Cwal897

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mac03 Go to Quoted Post

I was told by HR that overseas can be offered in FJO

Also, can anyone shed light on how soon you can get started after FJO? I see a lot of people trying to put off start dates, but I will be accepting the closest one once my FJO comes through.

Just depends on when they have the next availability for a pot in the touchstone class and when you are ready to start. In my case I was offered a start day three weeks away I choose to delay my start date two months.
Chevy82  
#89 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 2:46:05 AM(UTC)
Chevy82

I can't help but laugh at all the people who are anxious about the process and tired of waiting, and then ask to delay their start date. I'm glad I am a single male with no family or kids. I can just up and move in a uhaul on a moments notice if I have to. Hell, I did it once already.
thanks 1 user thanked Chevy82 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 5/9/2017(UTC)
someoldguy  
#90 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 3:21:51 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Originally Posted by: Cwal897 Go to Quoted Post
In my case I was offered a start day three weeks away I choose to delay my start date two months.

I received a FJO without a start date yet (don't ask...) but when I said I might need at least four weeks notice they kinda pushed back a little bit.

Cwal897  
#91 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 4:55:42 AM(UTC)
Cwal897

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chevy82 Go to Quoted Post
I can't help but laugh at all the people who are anxious about the process and tired of waiting, and then ask to delay their start date. I'm glad I am a single male with no family or kids. I can just up and move in a uhaul on a moments notice if I have to. Hell, I did it once already.

I'm single as well and I'm able to move at moments notice but as we all should know everyone situation is different and you can't pass judgement on another's situation when you don't know why they made the decisions! But since you commented how funny it is let me explain it to you! First reason why I who have been anxious for this position asked for a two month delay is when DIA sent my FJO as a current federal employee I was one pay period away from a promotion! Which means DIA will now have to match me at a higher salary! That process and to get the evidence to negiate for higher salary takes time! So yea I delayed two months in order to get my offer from DIA increased over 10,000 dollars! Second reason I delayed because I was offered relocation! Being I'm prior military I know producing orders and executing them is not an overnight process! But the financial benefit of having the govt assist will all the cost is well worth it! I've waited in this process well over a year if two more months going increase my whole package nearly 20,000 dollars worth of pay and relocation incentive I' was more than willing to be patient!
velcroTech  
#92 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 5:32:16 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: vegeta327 Go to Quoted Post
Well, the second FJO came today.. I'm mulling it over, I told her I'd let her know Monday. Because I did that, I have to wait 2 weeks before the next offer because I missed being on the cleared list for next week. For some reason I had a feeling this offer would be S&T, throw me one I don't want for the first offer, the second one I want so so and the third if I turn down this current FJO the next will be an unknown. Hmm much deliberation this weekend. I shall deliberate after watching Guardians of the Galaxy :)

For clarification, this is my second final job offer (S&T), I turned down the first one (HUMINT OSO) and I have until Monday to decide if I want to take this job. If not, I go back in the pool again and see what comes out. Lol the bad part is I'll have to take the next one or be pulled out of the hiring pool. I'll add this, if you turn down 3 offers you will be removed from the hiring pool, however, according to the HR rep today you can apply to another hiring event (if you get accepted for another interview) and you'll go back into the pool. Take it for what it's worth, that's just hip-pocket information just in case they keep offering you a position or location you do not want. Final thing to add, if you turn down a position, state your preference that way they can start honing down the job or location you want to be at. According to the person I spoke with today, if you turn an FJO down, they should ask why. If they do not ask you why you rescinded the offer, you should relay to them the reason. The next time your name goes into the pool and the hiring managers see your name that information will be considered. The lady today was actually pretty awesome, a rarity I know but I'm just giving you guys knowledge just in case. Sorry for the confusing above post..

Why did you turn down the first two FJO? Which position are you waiting for? Do you know what S&T and HUMINT OSO officers do?
Chevy82  
#93 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 6:28:46 AM(UTC)
Chevy82

Originally Posted by: Cwal897 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Chevy82 Go to Quoted Post

I'm single as well and I'm able to move at moments notice but as we all should know everyone situation is different and you can't pass judgement on another's situation when you don't know why they made the decisions! But since you commented how funny it is let me explain it to you! First reason why I who have been anxious for this position asked for a two month delay is when DIA sent my FJO as a current federal employee I was one pay period away from a promotion! Which means DIA will now have to match me at a higher salary! That process and to get the evidence to negiate for higher salary takes time! So yea I delayed two months in order to get my offer from DIA increased over 10,000 dollars! Second reason I delayed because I was offered relocation! Being I'm prior military I know producing orders and executing them is not an overnight process! But the financial benefit of having the govt assist will all the cost is well worth it! I've waited in this process well over a year if two more months going increase my whole package nearly 20,000 dollars worth of pay and relocation incentive I' was more than willing to be patient!

Your prolific use of exclamation points is a little silly. Your situation makes sense, but almost everyone here is trying to rush their process only to delay. The soonest I can start, my bags will be packed and lease broken.
thanks 1 user thanked Chevy82 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 5/9/2017(UTC)
someoldguy  
#94 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 6:31:21 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

YOU!!! Out of the pool!!!
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
Chevy82 on 5/9/2017(UTC)
clamy  
#95 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 10:32:55 AM(UTC)
clamy

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I am dying to get started....... The earliest CPC visit they had was more than a month from now and I'M ALREADY CLEARED!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhh
clamy  
#96 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 10:34:05 AM(UTC)
clamy

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 12 post(s)
also look at this guy turning down offers... who invited this guy?! Banish from the pool!! :)
someoldguy  
#97 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 10:36:44 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Originally Posted by: clamy Go to Quoted Post
also look at this guy turning down offers... who invited this guy?! Banish from the pool!! :)

Not sure who you are referring to but a few folks have said they did receive multiple offers. It's a tricky game turning down an offer at this point but it appears they have more positions right now than people getting cleared so it might be worth it.
Mac03  
#98 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 12:21:34 PM(UTC)
Mac03

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 38 post(s)
ya, same boat. I'm ready to leave ASAP. I could be outta here in 96 Hours if need be.
TMHTE  
#99 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 1:10:20 PM(UTC)
TMHTE

United States

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Originally Posted by: clamy Go to Quoted Post
I am dying to get started....... The earliest CPC visit they had was more than a month from now and I'M ALREADY CLEARED!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Welcome to the club. I went through CPC in December. Had TS/SCI eligibility for 11 years straight and have been contracting with the agency for almost 2 years. Granted, I have some foreign connections but all that was revealed during my last PR 6 years ago for which I was favorably adjudicated and nothing has changed. I know the government isn't known for efficiency or common sense, but come on. The wife and I have been holding off on having children mainly because I need the clearance to come through first. The only thing worse than having children you can barely afford is having children when you can't even pay the rent.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed