Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Defense

The Department of Defense (DoD) is charged with coordinating and supervising all agencies and functions of the government relating directly to national security and the United States armed forces. The mission of the Department of Defense is to provide the military forces needed to deter war and to protect the security of our country.

The Department of Defense is America's oldest and largest government agency -tracing its roots back to pre-Revolutionary times. Today, the Department is not only in charge of the military, but it also employs a civilian force of thousands. With over 1.4 million men and women on active duty, and 718,000 civilian personnel, DoD is the nation's largest employer. Another 1.1 million serve in the National Guard and Reserve forces. More than 2 million military retirees and their family members receive benefits.

Perhaps you are working for the DoD or interested in working for the DoD. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DoD.
24 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
slowpoke  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 7:26:06 AM(UTC)
slowpoke

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
How many applying to the recent grad DCAA auditor job? Those @ DCAA what is the chance of being converted? Hope to see everyone in Atlanta.
pudding  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 7:48:18 AM(UTC)
Renee205

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I didn't apply for the recent grad. I applied for a perm auditor position GS9. I would qualify for the recent grad but I didn't want to risk not getting converted. I was referred and found suitable for GS9. I thought about the recent grad during position the hiring freeze but decided to wait. Now that the freeze is over just waiting for T0. My husband works for DOD. Dcaa is looking to hire 500 auditors.
CPAGuy1986  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 7:59:03 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hey all,

I also applied to the GS-11/12 announcement that closed back in early January, was referred, interviewed, and now just in a holding pattern. I would not qualify for the recent grad announcement. It has been quite a while since I have been in school. I have heard similar things as to what Pudding has indicated, so just sit tight, and try and be patient and hopeful.....
slowpoke  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 8:06:42 AM(UTC)
slowpoke

United States

I got referred for McKinney tx and Tuscon perm,
positions but the HR guy told me everything is still on hold.
pudding  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 8:23:11 AM(UTC)
Renee205

United States

I got referred for the Scottsdale location. I also recently applied to the Chandler and Tempe locations. I got an email from my HR about too many candidates for Scottsdale and that they opened more locations. So I applied to Tempe and Chandler just to be safe. Also word of mouth they probably won't be giving out TO until May due to the new budget Trump created. I believe that's when it is suppose to go to the house for approval.
IAuditStuff  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 9:43:48 AM(UTC)
IAuditStuff

United States

Originally Posted by: pudding Go to Quoted Post
I got referred for the Scottsdale location. I also recently applied to the Chandler and Tempe locations. I got an email from my HR about too many candidates for Scottsdale and that they opened more locations. So I applied to Tempe and Chandler just to be safe. Also word of mouth they probably won't be giving out TO until May due to the new budget Trump created. I believe that's when it is suppose to go to the house for approval.

I got the same email for a location in Kentucky. I wonder if that was a blanket email or it only went out to people who applied for locations with too many candidates.
Jason Johnston  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 9:59:19 AM(UTC)
Jason Johnston

Man
United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Good Morning,

As you may already be aware, the status of the Federal hiring freeze has not changed; nevertheless, DCAA is doing all we can to be fully prepared when it does. In continuation of our commitment to our qualified candidates, we are reaching out today with a few important updates.

First, we will be mailing Standard Form-87 Fingerprint Card to you shortly. If your mailing address has changed since you applied, please let us know right away. It is not required for you to facilitate completion of the form at this time but we encourage you to be prepared to do so. Please do not mail the fingerprint card until you have received a tentative offer of employment. Instructions for completing the Standard-Form 87 are attached and can also be found here: http://www.dcaa.mil/newh...erprint_Instructions.pdf

Further, you may notice DCAA posted new job announcements for auditors on USAJobs.com as we still have additional vacancies to fill in specific locations. Please know: it is not necessary to reapply to any new announcements as you have already been preliminarily selected for a position. However, we do ask your assistance: we invite you to share the news of our new job announcements with family, friends, colleagues or classmates you think may be interested in a unique career in auditing with DCAA. From our correspondence, you are already familiar with the work we do and our commitment to our candidates so you are already a great resource for spreading the word!

Finally, please confirm that you are still available for an appointment as auditor with DCAA. We sincerely hope this is the case but we realize circumstances change over time. If you no longer wish to be considered for this position, please provide a reason for withdrawing your application. No response is required if you wish to remain in consideration.

This is the last email I received on April 6.
pudding  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 10:35:34 AM(UTC)
Renee205

United States

Some ppl I know whom applied in early Jan didn't get that email. They are in different states one in San Diego .CA. I think they only sent it to ppl whom location had too many candidates.
Jason Johnston  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 10:36:04 AM(UTC)
Jason Johnston

Man
United States

I received an email from hr telling me I have been selected for a position, to ignore the new Dcaa job postings.
pudding  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 10:38:21 AM(UTC)
Renee205

United States

Where did you apply Jason. When did you get this email?
Jason Johnston  
#11 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 10:41:53 AM(UTC)
Jason Johnston

Man
United States

I got the email April 6th. I tried to copy and paste the email but it is under moderator review before you guys can see it. I interviewed for Marietta Georgia, Huntsville Alabama, and Nashville Tennessee. They had me rank my locations 1 2 3 in order of my preference. I do not know what location I was selected for. I have to wait for TO. They did tell me I would get fingerprint cards mailed soon but not to send them back until I have my TO.
pudding  
#12 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 10:47:40 AM(UTC)
Renee205

United States

Ok. Yeah the last email I got was about too many candidates. I was happy to see that they opened 2 more locations in my area. I went ahead and applied. Don't have to take the assessment a second time but not sure if I have to interview again since they already told me I'm suitable for employment with DCAA after my interview in March.
Jason Johnston  
#13 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 10:50:45 AM(UTC)
Jason Johnston

Man
United States

The hr lady that set up my interview told me to make sure I told them I would relocate anywhere. I would have to move for any position so I don't care. She said the "popular" places would have many candidates and there would be openings in areas not enough candidates applied to. I just wanted this job so bad I don't care where it is.
pudding  
#14 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 10:57:23 AM(UTC)
Renee205

United States

Hi Jason, I wi***** was that easy for me but my husband works for DOD and we just moved here less than 2 years ago. Plus with 2 kids I am not willing to relocate them just yet. I am glad they opened new locations here hopefully that would help with the issue.
pudding  
#15 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 11:03:25 AM(UTC)
Renee205

United States

Hi Jason what grade are you coming in as? I was surprise San Diego wasn't on the list of too many candidates. As someone stated on another forum. I thought that would be a popular spot as well. We just moved from mid west and before that the southeast. Moving can be fun but also stressful as well. Well for me at least I had to find another job each time we moved. With my husband close to retirement he stated the next move will be for me after he retires.
slowpoke  
#16 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 11:04:04 AM(UTC)
slowpoke

United States

I never got contacted for an interview for the ones that closed in January. What do y'all think of my chances of still getting one?
pudding  
#17 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 11:08:32 AM(UTC)
Renee205

United States

Slowpoke based on information I have read and what individuals working within DO have guild me, I can say chances are good. They need a lot of individuals to clear back logs and also DCAA will be taking on more types of contacts per what i heard. Were you referred in Jan and never got an interview?
slowpoke  
#18 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 11:12:32 AM(UTC)
slowpoke

United States

Referred on 2/7 and 2/14. No interview. I was told by HR last week everything is still on hold.

Edited by user Monday, April 17, 2017 11:14:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jason Johnston  
#19 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 11:13:12 AM(UTC)
Jason Johnston

Man
United States

I graduated last June with my Bachelor's in Accounting. I went back to school when I was 32. I qualified for the recent graduate announcement even though I don't' have a Master's yet due to my high grades. I had to take tests when I applied. I come from an economically depressed and low paying area of Georgia. My wife has a Bachelor's in Human Resource Management and 5+ years of experience in Healthcare Human Resources and makes $13 an hour. This job is like winning the lottery for my family. My wife will make $60,000+ with her experience in the Marietta area. I am hoping I got Marietta. The senior auditor said if you come in as a gs-7 you will be a gs-12 in 3 years. After year one your a 9, year 2 11, year 3 12.
Jason Johnston  
#20 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 11:14:42 AM(UTC)
Jason Johnston

Man
United States

I qualified at gs7. I just graduated last June with my Bachelors.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed