Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SilverCipher  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 11:59:51 PM(UTC)
SilverCipher

Groups: Registered

So back in September I applied for a job through one company we shall name "A". I told them that since the investigation period would take so long, I would have to see where I am when it finally clears. I had already had a SECRET, but it had expired before this job. Fast forward to today, when I'm been working at a new company, for a substantially more amount of money. I get the email saying my interim Secret was granted (8+ months later), and then completed all the forms and sent them back to the company. Unfortunately, Company A's salary was considerable lower than my current job. They tried to match it, but they couldn't. They seem to be continuing the clearance anyway for any further possibilities with the company.

I have a few questions here: Will the interim continue processing since I signed all the briefings and sent them back? If I decide not to take a job with them, will I have a current positive interim clearance (or investigation) that could be transferred to a third company? Have I entered the 2-year grace period? Or do I lose it all?
someoldguy  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 3:41:28 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 357 time(s) in 315 post(s)
I can share this factoid: I work for a defense contractor, and the customer (agency) that 99.9% of our clearances go through does not accept interim clearances. However, the interims are granted in some cases. People have been able to jump to other companies with that interim determination. That other company has to take over the 'ownership' of the individual to keep the case active.

In the case I describe, the individual got hired by A, got the interim, and went directly to B. There's no other company involved and the person stayed with A until they resigned and went to B. A little more straightforward than the scenario you describe.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed