Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

89 Pages«<878889
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bigdataman  
#1761 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 1:31:36 PM(UTC)
Bigdataman

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
It wouldnt harm you as far as the government is concerned; it might be awkward if the investigators contact your new employer. You might be able to say you applied for the job a while back (which would be true) and nearly forgot about it (which might be a stretch).

Where are you in the process now with the government job? Have you received a conditional job offer yet?

If you are indeed a "Big Data" man with the credentials and experience to prove it, you should be able to get many offers, as "big data" is all the rage these days. It is no secret that DIA is running a major program called MARS (who knows what it stands for, its on the DIA public web site) that is supposed to be all about Big Data. But all the IC agencies (and most of the rest of the government) is struggling with "big data" as well.

For the sake of semi-privacy, let me just say I have a job interview with [gov] organization, happening a short period of time after my start date with this other company. Because of this, and the adjudication which possibly will happen thereafter, I am kind of in a mixed bag as to what will help/hurt me. I really want to work for this [gov] organization, but because of the high uncertainty of the job-market, immediacy of certain needs (fresh grad student-loans), and even if I am able to pass this job interview with flying colors: I am just trying to weigh my options, and not screw me over. The FJO I have is with an international organization, and I know the skills which I will be using will transcode/transfer over to the [gov] organization if I am able to move on after my interview. For larger perspective, I have applied to 450+ jobs since my last semester at university, so the investigator (if applicable) I know will be understanding if I perhaps inform them of such things. I just am worried about my new employer being immediately interrogated by this new revelation, when I did not mention I had been at XYZ-do-rey-me% of the process for this [gov] organization, during the interview process.

Edited by user Saturday, November 21, 2020 6:51:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Removed info

lushmeadow  
#1762 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 5:36:18 AM(UTC)
lushmeadow

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Wanted to circle back to see if anyone has received an FJO since March?

Thanks!
thanks 1 user thanked lushmeadow for this useful post.
Bigdataman on 11/21/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed