Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

76 Pages«<747576
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
velcroTech  
#1501 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 6:14:05 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Groups: Registered
Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chevy82 Go to Quoted Post
From what I’ve read, the need for CI integrates with HUMINT is that HUMINT cultivate sources, obviously, and form a bond with their assets. That doesn’t always lend them for being receptive to cues indicating they might be getting played. CI is looking for the “asset” that could be a double, running a CI mission against your HUMINT, etc.

This is me talking out my ass from what I’ve read in books and the web. The CI gurus can probably explain better.

Also, CI shouldn’t be a “large” field, so to say. The idea of security clearance and access management is limiting who has information. A large CI would leave a large footprint. That would seem counter intuitive.

Refer to second paragraph.

Sorry I was responding to other threads that didnt get quoted:
Quote:
The majority of OCI's purpose is to provide CI support to DIA's HUMINT element.
This isnt true. Only a small group provide support. The rest you never see because, well they are CI.
ringslider  
#1502 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 7:43:26 AM(UTC)
ringslider

United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Could everyone just stop with tape measurement of who knows more of how something works and get us some real information? Is not like I don't appreciate the information and advice from everyone in here, I truly do.

But how about a POC or some news as to when will there be some FJOs comig down the line? That's what we need to hear.

Edited by user Saturday, June 16, 2018 7:45:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Chevy82  
#1503 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 8:04:35 AM(UTC)
Chevy82

Was thanked: 606 time(s) in 466 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ringslider Go to Quoted Post
Could everyone just stop with tape measurement of who knows more of how something works and get us some real information? Is not like I don't appreciate the information and advice from everyone in here, I truly do.

But how about a POC or some news as to when will there be some FJOs comig down the line? That's what we need to hear.

AFAIK TMHTE has spent several years doing CI and is the only person I know who has on this forum, so when he says something about CI I take it with authority.

CI has said 6-18 months for a FJO, but someone here got an FJO a week after that email. So...we wait.
thanks 1 user thanked Chevy82 for this useful post.
ringslider on 6/16/2018(UTC)
ringslider  
#1504 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 9:45:28 AM(UTC)
ringslider

United States

AFAIK TMHTE has spent several years doing CI and is the only person I know who has on this forum, so when he says something about CI I take it with authority.

CI has said 6-18 months for a FJO, but someone here got an FJO a week after that email. So...we wait.

We keep waiting and with the July 4th approaching get ready to not hear anything for a couple of weeks.
Chevy82  
#1505 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 10:01:17 AM(UTC)
Chevy82

Was thanked: 606 time(s) in 466 post(s)

We keep waiting and with the July 4th approaching get ready to not hear anything for a couple of weeks.

In order to keep myself productive, im continuing to apply for more positions, especially stuff on USAJOBS. If I can get myself into any GS position higher than what my CJO is, negotiating the same pay at DIA will hopefully be easier.

Otherwise, until an FJO comes, I’m not going to sit and wait. I’m applying to several intelligence centers, as well as INSCOM, OSI, etc.

Sitting and waiting for DIA to call is going to drive you insane. Best stay productive, competitive, and on the hunt.
thanks 1 user thanked Chevy82 for this useful post.
ringslider on 6/18/2018(UTC)
Kaliino  
#1506 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 11:55:28 AM(UTC)
Kaliino

United States

Was thanked: 847 time(s) in 593 post(s)
The House Intelligence Committee is constantly *****ing and moaning about the size and redundancy of DIA's existence.

Not only should none of you expect a phone call regarding a FJO, but now those of us on probation are at risk of getting the boot.

Edited by user Monday, June 18, 2018 11:56:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Kaliino for this useful post.
ringslider on 6/18/2018(UTC)
ringslider  
#1507 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 12:11:51 PM(UTC)
ringslider

United States

In order to keep myself productive, im continuing to apply for more positions, especially stuff on USAJOBS. If I can get myself into any GS position higher than what my CJO is, negotiating the same pay at DIA will hopefully be easier.

Otherwise, until an FJO comes, I’m not going to sit and wait. I’m applying to several intelligence centers, as well as INSCOM, OSI, etc.

Sitting and waiting for DIA to call is going to drive you insane. Best stay productive, competitive, and on the hunt.

Exactly what I'm doing.:)
UX1192  
#1508 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 2:23:18 AM(UTC)
UX1192

Was thanked: 241 time(s) in 182 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
The House Intelligence Committee is constantly *****ing and moaning about the size and redundancy of DIA's existence.

Not only should none of you expect a phone call regarding a FJO, but now those of us on probation are at risk of getting the boot.

The House Intel Committee has little power compared to the Senate and everyone knows Nunes is a hack. I wouldnt worry about it at all.
thanks 1 user thanked UX1192 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 6/19/2018(UTC)
someoldguy  
#1509 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:50:51 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 750 time(s) in 623 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TMHTE Go to Quoted Post
You should be fine if you work in an office that has been identified as having a core mission. If not, I suspect this will result in more moving to other named orgs and less layoffs.

I met a guy whose office was eliminated a few years back. Apparently this was the result of some higher-ups (beyond DoD, I think) saying, why is DIA doing this? Shouldn't somebody else be doing this? Or some other part of DoD? As a result the office was eliminated/reorganized/disbanded.

The contractors were let go but all the blue-badge DIA folks were reassigned.

On the other hand, I saw a couple of articles saying that DoD wants to increase the number of civilians. Go figure.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed