Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

93 Pages«<919293
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rebels8  
#1841 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2021 5:47:04 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 189 time(s) in 168 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DynamicST Go to Quoted Post
Is it necessary to keep my DIAjobs account active?

Mine went inactive and was deleted somewhere along the way in my hiring process, but now that im in the cleared pool, does it even matter? I recreated it, but it doesn't have my hiring event info anymore, and don't know if I need to let the hiring pool know.

I think if it's more than 90 days since you last logged into your DIA jobs account, your account is automatically deleted. That's what happened to me. However if you already have a CJO, then you don't need your account anymore.
#MMlivesmatter
thanks 1 user thanked rebels8 for this useful post.
DynamicST on 8/11/2021(UTC)
DynamicST  
#1842 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2021 6:46:15 PM(UTC)
DynamicST

Is it worth it to email the hiring pool and ask to update your location dream sheet, or does it even really matter at this point? Seeing all of the folks on here who have turned down offers for locations not on their sheet, or being placed somewhere they don't want makes it seem like it's not really even considered. My personal situation has changed, and i'm willing to go anywhere they want/need me, but not sure if expressing that would help move things along or not.
Kaliino  
#1843 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 8:55:50 AM(UTC)
Kaliino

United States

Was thanked: 947 time(s) in 676 post(s)
Is it worth it to email the hiring pool and ask to update your location dream sheet, or does it even really matter at this point?

This might surprise you, but 95% of the positions within DIA are located at DIA Headquarters in Washington, DC. Almost everyone starts there and then has the potential to transition outside of DIA HQ later, once they survive the two-year probation period and establish themselves as an exceptional employee. Therefore, positions located outside of DIA HQ are extremely competitive, especially in areas perceived to be awesome (i.e. Europe). My advice is for you to treat DIA employment in the same way you'd treat the military. You're sent where they want you and your personal interests mean absolutely nothing.

The decision to decline a final job offer (FJO) based on the location is almost laughable. DIA's Office of Human Resources has a backlog of thousands of cleared candidates, ready for a hiring manager to select them from the bottomless hiring pool. Declining an offer only results in you wasting your own time and potentially threatens your likelihood of ever becoming welcomed into a national-level intelligence agency.

Edited by user Thursday, August 19, 2021 8:58:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Kaliino for this useful post.
rebels8 on 8/21/2021(UTC)
someoldguy  
#1844 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 2:05:27 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1000 time(s) in 844 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
Is it worth it to email the hiring pool and ask to update your location dream sheet, or does it even really matter at this point?
This might surprise you, but 95% of the positions within DIA are located at DIA Headquarters in Washington, DC. Almost everyone starts there and then has the potential to transition outside of DIA HQ later, once they survive the two-year probation period and establish themselves as an exceptional employee. Therefore, positions located outside of DIA HQ are extremely competitive, especially in areas perceived to be awesome (i.e. Europe). My advice is for you to treat DIA employment in the same way you'd treat the military. You're sent where they want you and your personal interests mean absolutely nothing.

The decision to decline a final job offer (FJO) based on the location is almost laughable. DIA's Office of Human Resources has a backlog of thousands of cleared candidates, ready for a hiring manager to select them from the bottomless hiring pool. Declining an offer only results in you wasting your own time and potentially threatens your likelihood of ever becoming welcomed into a national-level intelligence agency.
Glad to see you made it out of Kabul, Kali

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
rebels8 on 8/21/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed