Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

89 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rebels8  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 5:21:58 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 159 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Demrob75 Go to Quoted Post
My offer was in Dec....my file has been sent over for the final stage earlier this month....in my wild hopes, since my background is very boring, that maybe just maybe it wouldnt take as long as what i have read on here but, who knows when my case will pop up for an adjudicator to review.

When did you go to CPC?
#MMlivesmatter
Manny06  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 5:23:44 AM(UTC)
Manny06

Man

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Early April
Manny06  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:32:55 AM(UTC)
Manny06

Man

Is that 7-8 from beginning to end or just adjudication?
hitman365  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:56:49 AM(UTC)
hitman365

United States

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Emailed the Hiring Pool about whether or not they knew if there was a backlog of interns or a shortage of BIs in my area (Western US). Like CPC, they are all Jon Snow and know nothing. Still haven't heard from any field BI, not have any of my references. I doubt that they would take my TS/Secret clearance from a couple of years ago, it was just for a State internship and it's expired, although I could be wrong, I suppose. This makes me sad.... ☹️
thanks 1 user thanked hitman365 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 5/23/2017(UTC)
hitman365  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:08:18 AM(UTC)
hitman365

United States

Hahahaha! Thanks for the laugh.
hitman365  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 12:08:46 PM(UTC)
hitman365

United States

[quote/]
Maybe he just loves Agent 47 like a true American gamer. I would be more worried that they would comb over all the tweets he's posted about demonic sea lions preying on little girls.

Hey, that video is hilarious... 😉 I do limit my garrotting strictly to the video game world. Being an upstanding citizen in real life is so much easier!
rebels8 on 5/23/2017(UTC)
Mac03  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:39:22 PM(UTC)
Mac03

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 101 post(s)
fyi for whoever,

spoke with a career agency man (that other agency) who said that the adjudication flow is severely backed up right now.
'Have gun & will travel' reads the card of a man...
A knight without armor in a savage land.
thanks 2 users thanked Mac03 for this useful post.
hitman365 on 5/24/2017(UTC), rebels8 on 5/24/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:54:23 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Mac03 Go to Quoted Post
fyi for whoever,

spoke with a career agency man (that other agency) who said that the adjudication flow is severely backed up right now.

When you say "that other agency," are you talking about an agency that is in DoD or not? Because if it's another DoD agency, then it would probably be relevant for all of us and DIA. But if it's not another DoD agency, then it may not matter for DIA.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:57:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#MMlivesmatter
leges  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:06:50 PM(UTC)
leges

United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post
fyi for whoever,

When you say "that other agency," are you talking about an agency that is in DoD or not? Because if it's another DoD agency, then it would probably be relevant for all of us and DIA. But if it's not another DoD agency, then it may not matter for DIA.

Even if it was another DoD agency how would that impact DIA adjudications?
Unless the DIA is adjudicating other agency investigations now.
rebels8  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:10:21 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: leges Go to Quoted Post
fyi for whoever,

Even if it was another DoD agency how would that impact DIA adjudications?
Unless the DIA is adjudicating other agency investigations now.

Well JPAS covers all of DoD. But there still might be differences between different DoD agencies. Here's some useful info about JPAS that I found:

https://news.clearancejo...nel-adjudication-system/
#MMlivesmatter
hitman365  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 2:29:49 PM(UTC)
hitman365

United States

Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
Well JPAS covers all of DoD. But there still might be differences between different DoD agencies. Here's some useful info about JPAS that I found:

https://news.clearancejo...nel-adjudication-system/

"The goal of the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 which required each adjudication agency make a determination on at least 90% of all applications for a personnel security clearance within an average of 60 days after the date of receipt of the completed application for a security clearance by an authorized investigative agency. Such 60-day average period shall include a period of no longer than 40 days to complete the investigative phase of the clearance review and a period of no longer than 20 days to complete the adjudicative phase."

A lot has changed in 13 years...

Well, that's shot to hell for us... probably would help if they had proper staffing and funding for that. Seems like staffing is the huge issue. :-/
rebels8 on 5/24/2017(UTC)
hitman365  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:20:18 PM(UTC)
hitman365

United States

Originally Posted by: hitman365 Go to Quoted Post
Well, that's shot to hell for us... probably would help if they had proper staffing and funding for that. Seems like staffing is the huge issue. :-/

Not a big enough issue to stop giving out CJOs though, lol. There's ANOTHER hiring event next month. BRILLIANT!

Hahaha! Clearly the NEED for people is there. Getting there is the issue. It almost seems like they're backfilling for people who don't make it through BI or take something else.
rebels8 on 5/24/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:28:13 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Not a big enough issue to stop giving out CJOs though, lol. There's ANOTHER hiring event next month. BRILLIANT!

Hahaha! Clearly the NEED for people is there. Getting there is the issue. It almost seems like they're backfilling for people who don't make it through BI or take something else.

Quite a few people don't stick around for the hiring process to finish, since it takes so long. Not many people can afford to wait 12 months. They're applying for these jobs for a reason. They're either recent college graduates working at Starbucks, experienced contractors looking for a long-term career, or are having a mid-life crisis and want to do something "productive", etc. Getting officially hired will also drastically change their lives. They'll have to locate housing, pack up everything, and move with an average of 30 days notice. Candidates with families have even more problems to worry about. So... now we get to ask ourselves, can I afford to wait or do I move on to something that doesn't require months of silence while the process completes? It's quite a feat to realize that for the past 3 months, I could have received a phone call, extending a FJO. It's more impressive to know that this can occur at any time, five days a week, for the next 9 months. Now if I was covered in honey and rolling around in one hundred dollar bills that whole time, I probably wouldn't care. Unfortunately, I'm out of honey... and I do care.

Yeah, I'm unemployed now and have to worry about getting a new job in DC while waiting to hopefully receive a FJO. Now since my BI seems to be well underway, my process might not take as long as I thought. But you never know.
#MMlivesmatter
rebels8  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 7:10:00 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

This is a really enlightening Foreign Policy article from last year about the problems of the pre-employment process for the entire national security state.

http://foreignpolicy.com...national-security-field/
#MMlivesmatter
thanks 1 user thanked rebels8 for this useful post.
hitman365 on 5/25/2017(UTC)
Manny06  
#55 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:48:43 AM(UTC)
Manny06

Man

Has anyone recently contacted and got a response for a status update request from the agency?
hitman365  
#56 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:55:53 AM(UTC)
hitman365

United States

Originally Posted by: Demrob75 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone recently contacted and got a response for a status update request from the agency?

I emailed the hiring pool about not hearing from a field BI yet. Asked them if they knew if there was a shortage in BIs or an internship clearance surge.
They had "no insight." Similar from CPC. I just emailed the hiring pool to ask if they could check to see if I was in adjudication or not. Worth asking, I suppose.
Manny06 on 5/25/2017(UTC)
hitman365  
#57 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:04:54 AM(UTC)
hitman365

United States

It looks like both OPM and DoD CAF is suffering from a severe lack of ninjas...

https://federalnewsradio...ckground-investigations/

Looks like one of the major contractors the Gov was using was sued for overcharging the government

https://www.justice.gov/...e-claims-act-allegations

Edited by user Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:10:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Manny06  
#58 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:05:36 AM(UTC)
Manny06

Man

I spoke to someone who said that he couldnt see if I was in adjudication or not but he could see that security had not given them the green light to put me on the cleared list. I am not sure how much they can see as far as where you are specifically in the process. He made it seem like the next update he will see is being cleared or not......I got a little antsy because of a weird phone number that I missed and they didnt leave a message. The last time it happened, it was an investigator.
thanks 1 user thanked Manny06 for this useful post.
hitman365 on 5/25/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#59 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:21:12 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: TMHTE Go to Quoted Post
Many of them had pipe dreams of working in national security eventually because of what they saw in movies and video games but when asked if they wanted to enlist in intelligence? “Nah I don’t want to be a paper-pushing POG.” Ok, you’ve been warned, sign here I guess…

Well, I've read a lot about Army OCS, as I've thought about applying for it in the past and still might in the future. And it seems that military intelligence is one of the most sought after branches among officer candidates. It might be the most sought after branch after infantry. The difference here may be that people with college degrees could have a greater interest in the world of intelligence than kids who are right out of high school.

Edited by user Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:29:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#MMlivesmatter
hitman365  
#60 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:31:53 AM(UTC)
hitman365

United States

Originally Posted by: TMHTE Go to Quoted Post
Many of them had pipe dreams of working in national security eventually because of what they saw in movies and video games but when asked if they wanted to enlist in intelligence? “Nah I don’t want to be a paper-pushing POG.” Ok, you’ve been warned, sign here I guess…

Well, I've read a lot about Army OCS, as I've thought about applying for it in the past and still might in the future. And it seems that military intelligence is one of the most sought after branches among officer candidates. It might be the most sought after branch after infantry. The difference here may be that people with college degrees could have a greater interest in the world of intelligence than kids who are right out of high school.

I can second the thing about Army OCS. I have a friend who wants to do infantry or intelligence, in that order. He was told that those two were the most competitive.
rebels8 on 5/25/2017(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed