Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

89 Pages«<86878889>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
someoldguy  
#1741 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 6:54:43 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 947 time(s) in 796 post(s)
I suspect that nothing will really change, to include the various IC agencies having the right to do their own BI's and adjudications, at least for direct hire folks. Also don't look for State Dept to join in on the fun. Same for FBI. Not sure about the DHS agencies but I suspect they will do their own adjudications.

And any OPM investigators who have been doing this a while who started out with DSS (or maybe DIS before that) will be back in DoD. But as somebody pointed out, NBIB is moving lock stock and barrel from OPM to DoD... so what changed? I suppose now there will be some Deputy Assistant Under Deputy Assistant Secretary in USD(I) or someplace who will now have this new monster (DSCA?) under their purview.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
buckaneers  
#1742 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:46:35 PM(UTC)
buckaneers

United States

Was thanked: 266 time(s) in 195 post(s)
Speculating here but I have a feeling that the C in DCSA will be kind of a misnomer. Security isn't CI and DCSA doesn't sound like it's going to be a strategic organization...thereby leaving much of DIA (which does strat stuff) alone.

People have been calling for DIA's dissolution since its founding. Although the stuff the agency does well isn't well known, it has a unique enough mission that it will stick around (unless a bunch of countries randomly decide they don't need to have national level military intelligence services anymore). To suggest anything else, IMO, is either sour grapes or just reflects a need for drama where there is none.

Edited by user Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:54:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Burnerr  
#1743 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 11:58:13 AM(UTC)
Burnerr

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
In light of breathing air back into our dead forum, my timeline went as follows:

Applied: April 8th, 2019
Hiring Event Invitation: May 21st, 2019
Hiring Event/CJO: July 12th, 2019
SF86 Submission: July 23rd, 2019
BI Interview: August 8th, 2019
CPC: August 25th, 2019
Successful adjudication/Clearance email: September 30th, 2019
Hiring Manager inquiring about interest over phone: November 26th, 2019
Pre-FJO Resume Request: January 16th, 2020
FJO: January 23rd, 2020

“Patience is bitter, but it's fruit is sweet.” Hang in there everyone.
nofacenoname  
#1744 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 2:58:27 PM(UTC)
nofacenoname

Originally Posted by: Burnerr Go to Quoted Post
In light of breathing air back into our dead forum, my timeline went as follows:

Nice! Congrats on the FJO. I'm in the cleared pool waiting on an FJO at the moment. Got cleared in November but I already had a clearance so everything pulled over very easily. When the hiring manager called were you able to ask questions about your career specialty? I'm on the fence with DIA because the career specialty I got I know literally nothing about and there's barely any information out there. If I were to get an FJO today without getting more info about the job I'd be hesitant to take it just because I have other irons in the fire with other agencies.
Burnerr  
#1745 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 7:07:55 AM(UTC)
Burnerr

United States

Originally Posted by: nofacenoname Go to Quoted Post

Nice! Congrats on the FJO. I'm in the cleared pool waiting on an FJO at the moment. Got cleared in November but I already had a clearance so everything pulled over very easily. When the hiring manager called were you able to ask questions about your career specialty? I'm on the fence with DIA because the career specialty I got I know literally nothing about and there's barely any information out there. If I were to get an FJO today without getting more info about the job I'd be hesitant to take it just because I have other irons in the fire with other agencies.

The phone call was very basic; just asked whether or not I was still interested in working with the Agency, no details into the actual position or even the broader career specialty for that matter. I was in the same boat as you however, very little information available regarding my career specialty, but given the mission of the Agency and how the career field fits into it, I am pretty optimistic.
nofacenoname  
#1746 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 12:03:29 PM(UTC)
nofacenoname

Originally Posted by: nofacenoname Go to Quoted Post

The phone call was very basic; just asked whether or not I was still interested in working with the Agency, no details into the actual position or even the broader career specialty for that matter. I was in the same boat as you however, very little information available regarding my career specialty, but given the mission of the Agency and how the career field fits into it, I am pretty optimistic.

Well I'm glad it's working out for you. I guess if DIA comes before some other options I have going I'll evaluate at that point.
mallen  
#1747 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 12:15:24 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post
Auspex,

Do you mind telling us what a "developed character reference" is supposed to be?

Isn't a "developed" character reference one that the background investigation finds on their own. For instance, I gave the three people that know me well, and a person who knows me at the place I live. However, they interviewed my downstairs neighbor who I didn't list. They "developed" that reference on their own.

I saw him at the mailbox and he said "sone woman from the government was called me up and was asking about you"

Edited by user Friday, January 24, 2020 12:19:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Burnerr  
#1748 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 5:54:40 AM(UTC)
Burnerr

United States

DIA posted an article about the hiring pool yesterday. Pretty basic, but for those looking for information on the hiring process, it may be helpful:

https://www.dia.mil/News...l-what-you-need-to-know/
lushmeadow  
#1749 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 1:30:03 PM(UTC)
lushmeadow

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello everyone! Has anyone received an FJO during COVID?
thanks 1 user thanked lushmeadow for this useful post.
rebels8 on 9/30/2020(UTC)
rebels8  
#1750 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 3:03:38 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 159 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lushmeadow Go to Quoted Post

Well I think most DIA HR employees are still working remotely. So I would think that both CJOs and FJOS would be negatively affected by this. DIA did recently have at least one all remote hiring event. The agency really should have had all remote hiring events even before the covid pandemic so that applicants wouldn't have to fly in from all over the country.
#MMlivesmatter
lushmeadow  
#1751 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 3:26:04 AM(UTC)
lushmeadow

Well I think most DIA HR employees are still working remotely. So I would think that both CJOs and FJOS would be negatively affected by this. DIA did recently have at least one all remote hiring event. The agency really should have had all remote hiring events even before the covid pandemic so that applicants wouldn't have to fly in from all over the country.

True, but I thought I saw they were still pushing ahead with FJOs, albeit at a slower rate. For entry-level candidates, how rare is it to receive an FJO for an overseas location?
afvetguy  
#1752 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2020 3:23:26 PM(UTC)
afvetguy

United States

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
A few of us in our office are first time hires for overseas billets so it’s definitely possible. Really all depends on your experience and whether or not the hiring manager likes you.
thanks 1 user thanked afvetguy for this useful post.
lushmeadow on 10/19/2020(UTC)
rebels8  
#1753 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2020 4:11:40 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

True, but I thought I saw they were still pushing ahead with FJOs, albeit at a slower rate. For entry-level candidates, how rare is it to receive an FJO for an overseas location?

It partly depends on your career field. Your career field is analysis, isn't it? Most analysts either start out at DIA HQ or at a stateside COCOM like CENTCOM. If your career field was mission management, then you'd have a much better chance of receiving an overseas billet first thing. Because most entry-level mission management billets are outside of the National Capital Region and many are at overseas locations. I think afvetguy is a mission management guy.
#MMlivesmatter
lushmeadow  
#1754 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 4:19:11 AM(UTC)
lushmeadow

It partly depends on your career field. Your career field is analysis, isn't it? Most analysts either start out at DIA HQ or at a stateside COCOM like CENTCOM. If your career field was mission management, then you'd have a much better chance of receiving an overseas billet first thing. Because most entry-level mission management billets are outside of the National Capital Region and many are at overseas locations. I think afvetguy is a mission management guy.

Great to know, thank you for the insight. Yeah, it would def be nice to be sent to Stuttgart as an analyst but I don't think I see that happening ^^. I'm currently in DC and will absolutely accept one if it is DC or Reston, not sure I'd be inclined to move anywhere else in the U.S. except for Tampa? I don't know much about the circumstances down there but have seen a few analyst accept FJOs there and they seem to like it.

Here's hoping I get the call this week.
rebels8  
#1755 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 5:38:38 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Great to know, thank you for the insight. Yeah, it would def be nice to be sent to Stuttgart as an analyst but I don't think I see that happening ^^. I'm currently in DC and will absolutely accept one if it is DC or Reston, not sure I'd be inclined to move anywhere else in the U.S. except for Tampa? I don't know much about the circumstances down there but have seen a few analyst accept FJOs there and they seem to like it.

Yeah, Stuttgart would be a nice place to be stationed at. A few years ago, someone on this forum got a billet at EUCOM. He was mission management also.

Edited by user Monday, October 19, 2020 11:15:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#MMlivesmatter
lushmeadow  
#1756 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 1:27:13 PM(UTC)
lushmeadow

Yeah, Stuttgart would be a nice place to be stationed at. A few years ago, someone on this forum got a billet at EUCOM. He was mission management also.

Do you know what area code I should expect a call from, or is it an "unknown caller" type situation?
rebels8  
#1757 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 1:37:32 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Do you know what area code I should expect a call from, or is it an "unknown caller" type situation?

If you're called, it'll probably be from either a 202 or 703 number. However, you'll receive your official FJO letter by email.
#MMlivesmatter
thanks 1 user thanked rebels8 for this useful post.
lushmeadow on 10/19/2020(UTC)
Kd17  
#1758 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 10:36:41 AM(UTC)
Kd17

United States

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Has anyone received any news flyers or anything like that for their career fields? I’m just curious
Bigdataman  
#1759 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 9:38:49 AM(UTC)
Bigdataman

United States

Hey all!

Hope things are going well for you!

Due to the longevity of waiting for the slow turtle to move along with this whole process, I have been applying and was given an FJO for a different company (not government). I have read this thread from start to finish, and understand it appears that even after going to CPC/background check, it can take some time to be cleared/adjudicated and then placed in the long-haul for the Cleared Pool. That is assuming I can even pass the aforementioned.

For anybody who knows, will it hurt me to start this interim work, if I have to report it on the forms for the background check when it happens? It seems like shooting myself in the foot, if I have to let the organization know about my working for another company, who will then be visited by certain investigators. I obviously will report it, as lying on the paperwork is a means for termination of the process, but just wanted some perspective of things.

Thanks!
someoldguy  
#1760 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 2:37:36 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 947 time(s) in 796 post(s)
It wouldnt harm you as far as the government is concerned; it might be awkward if the investigators contact your new employer. You might be able to say you applied for the job a while back (which would be true) and nearly forgot about it (which might be a stretch).

Where are you in the process now with the government job? Have you received a conditional job offer yet?

If you are indeed a "Big Data" man with the credentials and experience to prove it, you should be able to get many offers, as "big data" is all the rage these days. It is no secret that DIA is running a major program called MARS (who knows what it stands for, its on the DIA public web site) that is supposed to be all about Big Data. But all the IC agencies (and most of the rest of the government) is struggling with "big data" as well.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 4, 2020 2:39:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added a link

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
Bigdataman on 11/21/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed