Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

13 Pages«<111213
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
phillysteak  
#241 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:39:19 PM(UTC)
phillysteak

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LieutenantBlantyre Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: chriswt25 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: stugs1 Go to Quoted Post
BSC EMP. We haven't heard anything about volunteers for furlough. Is that a definate? Thx

ANSC 7114 9/29 seasonal lack of work announced, but they are asking for 52 seasonals to stay on with the 2 to 4 week extension. They will not force people to stay to get the 52 they are looking for.

They already have 65 additional seasonals that volunteered to work on an EPSS project beginning 10/2 . No layoff date announced for those people

I had somebody call me at home from the Cleveland site Tuesday about this. Apparently the volunteer target at Cleveland is 31 and if not enough volunteer to stay then Article 14, Section 3(A) of National Agreement 2016 will be firmly applied. This would be pages 55-56 in your contract book if you have it. One shelf of the book case at home avalanched when I pulled my copy out to look up those terms. The person who called me basically was wavering between "Honor, Duty, Country" and just being a tired mercenary needing a break.

The funny thing is that September 29th is Training Day for Cleveland as they could not get space booked until then at the earliest.

Can you elaborate a little about what those terms said in the book for the lot of us who doesn't have the book. thank you.
ashulein  
#242 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:09:33 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 18 post(s)
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Hey Dude on 9/20/2017(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre  
#243 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:25:28 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 112 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Originally Posted by: phillysteak Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LieutenantBlantyre Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: chriswt25 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: stugs1 Go to Quoted Post
BSC EMP. We haven't heard anything about volunteers for furlough. Is that a definate? Thx

ANSC 7114 9/29 seasonal lack of work announced, but they are asking for 52 seasonals to stay on with the 2 to 4 week extension. They will not force people to stay to get the 52 they are looking for.

They already have 65 additional seasonals that volunteered to work on an EPSS project beginning 10/2 . No layoff date announced for those people

I had somebody call me at home from the Cleveland site Tuesday about this. Apparently the volunteer target at Cleveland is 31 and if not enough volunteer to stay then Article 14, Section 3(A) of National Agreement 2016 will be firmly applied. This would be pages 55-56 in your contract book if you have it. One shelf of the book case at home avalanched when I pulled my copy out to look up those terms. The person who called me basically was wavering between "Honor, Duty, Country" and just being a tired mercenary needing a break.

The funny thing is that September 29th is Training Day for Cleveland as they could not get space booked until then at the earliest.

Can you elaborate a little about what those terms said in the book for the lot of us who doesn't have the book. thank you.

I was up a little late to be able to elaborate further. The terms get tricky so read the PDF linked below carefully.

Originally Posted by: ashulein Go to Quoted Post
https://www.dol.gov/olms/regs/compliance/cba/pdf/2017/public/840263.PDF

Thank you!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed