Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

18 Pages«<161718
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sekonick  
#341 Posted : Wednesday, November 08, 2017 1:13:00 PM(UTC)
sekonick

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/27/2010(UTC)
Posts: 72

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LieutenantBlantyre Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: sekonick Go to Quoted Post
They are bringing back 100+ seasonals at CAMC 11/13/2017. I was in the manager meeting with the DM's when it was announced. They already brought back all of the PPS trained seasonals a few weeks ago. They should all be back at this site before Christmas. Since that's when the new hires will be coming out of the first leg of training.


Just for Ops 1 & 2 (Blended IMF/BMF) down at campus? Not including 3 (IMF Indianapolis) or 4 (IMF Cleveland)?



Yes, just Ops 1 & 2. We converted all of the IMF folks about 2 years ago. Word has now changed that the remaining seasonal employees wont be back until January. Cincinnati is all BMF anymore. We have returns all year and are way behind since they furloughed everyone off. We are now coming up to amended return season and need everyone back. paper is not getting worked and old age is thru the roof because everyone is on EIN and the phone. Its been AHOD at 7 am including leads.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 08, 2017 1:16:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

Kh20  
#342 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2017 2:33:34 PM(UTC)
Kh20

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/13/2017(UTC)
Posts: 8

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If you were getting a performance award how long does it take to receive it
Hired 2015  
#343 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 6:09:42 AM(UTC)
Hired 2015

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/17/2016(UTC)
Posts: 86

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
At our site we were told the seasonals will never get ratings high enough to qualify for any performance or time off awards. When our group rocked it to get great reviews we got ratings that disqualified us from getting the bonuses. Not sure if the award topic belong in a discussion about seasonals.
chriswt25  
#344 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 8:21:48 AM(UTC)
chriswt25

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2016(UTC)
Posts: 80
United States

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hired 2015 Go to Quoted Post
At our site we were told the seasonals will never get ratings high enough to qualify for any performance or time off awards. When our group rocked it to get great reviews we got ratings that disqualified us from getting the bonuses. Not sure if the award topic belong in a discussion about seasonals.


If you started in 2015, at best you have had two annual appraisals. Just about all CSR's get a 3.0 on their first appraisal which will never get you award eligible. From there forward you need to work your way up.

Last year 3.6 was the cutoff point. It can change year to year. Of course your call or case reviews are the biggest factor in your rating, however there are other ways to boost your rating up, where they will have a hard time justifying giving you a lesser appraisal.

The best thing you can do, whether you want to or not is to volunteer for anything and everything they open up for, such as OJI, letters from a TP etc. Just the fact that you offer is as good as getting selected to do something. They must consider everything you put in for and it needs to be reflected in your appraisals.

If I were you, I would keep records of every date that you volunteered for anything. You can write your own appraisal and present it to the manager If they do not recognize it don't sign and go to the union. I am not a big union person, but it sounds like in your case and in your office, you really should be in the union if not already. If the local does not respond you just tell them you will call national and they will suddenly get responsive.

Hired 2015  
#345 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 11:17:22 AM(UTC)
Hired 2015

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/17/2016(UTC)
Posts: 86

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Why are newer CSRs getting flat rated at 3.0? That is discouraging and unfair.

I did the volunteer for everything and got a nice gig. I got screamed at by an entirely unqualified coworker and told me I was a brown noser and to get out of their call site. That is the attitude against the seasonals where the more that leave the more the perms have control. I am a permanent seasonal. I won't be volunteering for anything next year and not participating in anything, no donations to anything, no extra nothing. I don't need higher than a 3.0 to get some award if it means supporting that perm and seasonal division.

I do belong to the NTEU. The union isn't honestly the problem. The union has never referred to us as "just the seasonals".

The way the annual awards were explained to me sheds light on the issues at my site. I was told since I have never been promoted or rewarded for a good job I wouldn't understand it takes hard work to get ahead. Really? That would shock my former bosses that promoted me.

Edited by user Saturday, November 11, 2017 11:19:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

chriswt25  
#346 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 12:11:15 PM(UTC)
chriswt25

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2016(UTC)
Posts: 80
United States

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hired 2015 Go to Quoted Post
Why are newer CSRs getting flat rated at 3.0? That is discouraging and unfair.

I did the volunteer for everything and got a nice gig. I got screamed at by an entirely unqualified coworker and told me I was a brown noser and to get out of their call site. That is the attitude against the seasonals where the more that leave the more the perms have control. I am a permanent seasonal. I won't be volunteering for anything next year and not participating in anything, no donations to anything, no extra nothing. I don't need higher than a 3.0 to get some award if it means supporting that perm and seasonal division.

I do belong to the NTEU. The union isn't honestly the problem. The union has never referred to us as "just the seasonals".

The way the annual awards were explained to me sheds light on the issues at my site. I was told since I have never been promoted or rewarded for a good job I wouldn't understand it takes hard work to get ahead. Really? That would shock my former bosses that promoted me.



Why no higher than a 3.0? Because they can't say someone consistently exceeds when they haven't done the job long enough to warrant it. Are you even full scoped on everything yet? I know you are in a call center, but even there it takes time to become fully scoped and appraised enough to get where your expectations seem to be.

You are making a huge mistake if you don't do the OJI etc if you get canvassed, I have 14 years as a perm seasonal CSR, so I have a pretty good idea on how you can get your appraisal up. It's up to you. Nothing comes easy here and it can be a very unfair place at every location. Donating money to causes has nothing to do with this.

I don't get how people are allowed to get away with talking to you the way you say. If you went to your manager and they didnt address it, you need to go to the next level and/or get your butt down to the NTEU office. Nobody should be subjected to what you are saying is coming from other employees.

Ask the union about how to formulate a self-appraisal, but it won't help unless you can pinpoint the "extras" that they will have to consider when the time comes for your next appraisal

Edited by user Saturday, November 11, 2017 12:17:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked chriswt25 for this useful post.
PrimaDawna on 11/13/2017(UTC)
Trina B  
#347 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 12:49:46 PM(UTC)
Trina B

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/29/2015(UTC)
Posts: 28
United States
Location: Memphis Tn

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kh20 Go to Quoted Post
If you were getting a performance award how long does it take to receive it


To answer you question because the other posts are irrelevant to your question. The Performance Award list will be made available on November 20th on the IRWEB... Payout is suppose to be week PP 24. There is another post about performance award you can find out more info there whether you are seasonal or perm. Still working or furloughed everyone who is eligible to receive award will receive it that pay period.
thanks 1 user thanked Trina B for this useful post.
Kh20 on 11/16/2017(UTC)
Hired 2015  
#348 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 2:27:11 PM(UTC)
Hired 2015

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/17/2016(UTC)
Posts: 86

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I'm app 20 with bal due at a call site.

I firmly agree that the new hires should be included in the award process. At my call site there is an attitude that we "just the seasonals" as we are called are dumb as rain that drives people out. I bring decades of tax and accounting with individual and business, managerial experience and a college degree to the table. Its a process of just looking for any tiny scrap to ding seasonals to keep them at the 3.0 status.

The participation at the site for seasonals is limited to donations. The gig I had potential to change that exclusion message. The other worker was more interested in running the show, getting time off the phone and summed it up to say the only thing workers cared about was themselves. I resigned from the gig because I didn't support that worker's views. Management ignored my request for a meeting and instead met with the other worker. I already have the skills the gig needed, wasn't getting paid more and wasn't really getting anything out of it.

The greater lesson in that gig is when you exclude people you send that message to coworker that they are less valuable as a coworkers. The perms see the seasonals berated, laughed about, not assigned to gigs, not given the extra training and the revolving door that churns them out faster than they can be hired. Would you respect or want to work with somone that the management treats like that? Be honest you would shy away because you would fear getting treated the same way.

The first opportunity to not extend I'll be out the door next season. The perms can do it all. The real problem at my site is people think seasonals are a dime a dozen and its easy to replace people.

Edited by user Saturday, November 11, 2017 2:29:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Hired 2015 for this useful post.
chriswt25 on 11/11/2017(UTC)
chriswt25  
#349 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 3:46:20 PM(UTC)
chriswt25

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2016(UTC)
Posts: 80
United States

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hired 2015 Go to Quoted Post
I'm app 20 with bal due at a call site.

I firmly agree that the new hires should be included in the award process. At my call site there is an attitude that we "just the seasonals" as we are called are dumb as rain that drives people out. I bring decades of tax and accounting with individual and business, managerial experience and a college degree to the table. Its a process of just looking for any tiny scrap to ding seasonals to keep them at the 3.0 status.

The participation at the site for seasonals is limited to donations. The gig I had potential to change that exclusion message. The other worker was more interested in running the show, getting time off the phone and summed it up to say the only thing workers cared about was themselves. I resigned from the gig because I didn't support that worker's views. Management ignored my request for a meeting and instead met with the other worker. I already have the skills the gig needed, wasn't getting paid more and wasn't really getting anything out of it.

The greater lesson in that gig is when you exclude people you send that message to coworker that they are less valuable as a coworkers. The perms see the seasonals berated, laughed about, not assigned to gigs, not given the extra training and the revolving door that churns them out faster than they can be hired. Would you respect or want to work with somone that the management treats like that? Be honest you would shy away because you would fear getting treated the same way.




The first opportunity to not extend I'll be out the door next season. The perms can do it all. The real problem at my site is people think seasonals are a dime a dozen and its easy to replace people.





Unfortunately, your expectations will never be realized in gov't service. Not meant to be an insult, but it never was, never is, and never will be what you expect. I worked in the REAL business world for many years, and this is nothing like it. I wish you luck if you stay, but if you do stay, get used to the way they operate.

I still would rock them by going to the Dept Manager, If they don't grant the meeting, have the union start a grievance process.
thanks 1 user thanked chriswt25 for this useful post.
PrimaDawna on 11/13/2017(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre  
#350 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 10:40:35 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2014(UTC)
Posts: 603
Woman
United States

Thanks: 174 times
Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 105 post(s)
Putting time on the countdown clock: https://www.timeanddate.com/coun...amp;font=serif&csz=1

Nope, I'm not feeling lucky. Senator McCain is dealing with a brain tumor, is not yet up for reelection, and is playing the maverick card pretty hard. Collins, Corker, and Flake all have axes to grind. A couple others are just too ridiculously sick to still be serving. Menendez of New Jersey is still on trial. That Alabama seat is still a wildcard.

My vision isn't good enough to go get a CDL. I can just barely keep my driver's license with a corrective lenses restriction. Sadly the local job pool is mostly looking for truckers and school bus drivers.
Kh20  
#351 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 12:51:45 PM(UTC)
Kh20

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/13/2017(UTC)
Posts: 8

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Trina B Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kh20 Go to Quoted Post
If you were getting a performance award how long does it take to receive it


To answer you question because the other posts are irrelevant to your question. The Performance Award list will be made available on November 20th on the IRWEB... Payout is suppose to be week PP 24. There is another post about performance award you can find out more info there whether you are seasonal or perm. Still working or furloughed everyone who is eligible to receive award will receive it that pay period.


Thank you..I had my annual in October and my manger said I was eligible ..just wasn't sure when you actually receive it..I'm on furlough can you get to the IRWEB from a home computer
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
18 Pages«<161718
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 0.998 seconds.