Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Reemployed Annuitants

Generally speaking, the treatment of a retiree's annuity and pay upon reemployment in the Federal Government depends upon whether he or she retired on the basis of a regular, involuntary, or disability retirement. Potential benefits that may be earned as a result of the reemployment service depend primarily on the length of such service.

Some details on Reemployed Annuitants may be found in a PDF file at OPM's Web Site by clicking here.

If you have questions regarding how this can affect you, feel free to post the quesitons here. Or perhaps you have been through this process before and can offer some helpful suggestions...please share.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gmichelle10  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 09, 2017 7:55:19 PM(UTC)
gmichelle10

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello.

I had a great job as a clerk. Though my emotions got the best of me and I agreed to try Meth with my coworker... I also at times borrowed from the cash register even though I would always pay it back within days. I didn't get fired so much for the drug test... but they gave me an option for the "embezzlement" of postal funds to quit and be free, or to be fired and perhaps have theft on my background... so I resigned. THOUGH I did NOT get the option to speak with my shop steward. I asked and asked. I was simply just experimenting...

My friend overdosed on May 7th.
I stayed up ALL night crying, freaking out, and bringing him to the ER.
I went to work on the 8th.
I slept in on the 9th.
I had a hard time getting out of my car due to an accident in late April.
I was drug tested and alcohol tested for "falling on my face" (did not happen)
I just want my job back. I am a young female, who got out of a domestic violent relationship of 5 years and got my own house. Now I am about to lose it all because my anxiety and depression makes it VERY difficult to make time to meet possible roomates... I am a part of NA and have been clean 30 days.

People keep telling me to wait a year and ill be employed again...

is this true?

I am so depressed at the moment. I loved my job. It was my safe heaven all throughout the abuse... to now, nothing.

I am heart broken.

why is my coworker still working when he is always late and is on the same drugs?

I miss my customers, and miss having a schedule to follow.... I have been a PSE clerk 2013-2016, and career may 2016 till may 9th.

any opinions?

-Sincerely,

Very sorry and hurt clerk level 6.

Thanks in advance.

-MG
GSBS  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 1:04:46 AM(UTC)
GSBS

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 214 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gmichelle10 Go to Quoted Post
Hello.

I had a great job as a clerk. Though my emotions got the best of me and I agreed to try Meth with my coworker... I also at times borrowed from the cash register even though I would always pay it back within days. I didn't get fired so much for the drug test... but they gave me an option for the "embezzlement" of postal funds to quit and be free, or to be fired and perhaps have theft on my background... so I resigned. THOUGH I did NOT get the option to speak with my shop steward. I asked and asked. I was simply just experimenting...

My friend overdosed on May 7th.
I stayed up ALL night crying, freaking out, and bringing him to the ER.
I went to work on the 8th.
I slept in on the 9th.
I had a hard time getting out of my car due to an accident in late April.
I was drug tested and alcohol tested for "falling on my face" (did not happen)
I just want my job back. I am a young female, who got out of a domestic violent relationship of 5 years and got my own house. Now I am about to lose it all because my anxiety and depression makes it VERY difficult to make time to meet possible roomates... I am a part of NA and have been clean 30 days.

People keep telling me to wait a year and ill be employed again...

is this true?

I am so depressed at the moment. I loved my job. It was my safe heaven all throughout the abuse... to now, nothing.

I am heart broken.

why is my coworker still working when he is always late and is on the same drugs?

I miss my customers, and miss having a schedule to follow.... I have been a PSE clerk 2013-2016, and career may 2016 till may 9th.

any opinions?

-Sincerely,

Very sorry and hurt clerk level 6.

Thanks in advance.

-MG

Your story is quite disturbing and looking back it might have of been a good idea to resign instead of facing possible criminal charges. You 'experimented' with Meth with another co worker and stole money from work. You are associating yourself with others who overdose, you missed work, and you are having problems finding roomates. You know Meth is made with Bug Spray. I'm sure there will be no returning to the job you loved in a year or ever~
pookey1960  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 05, 2017 9:16:12 AM(UTC)
pookey1960

Somehow, I'm not thinking this is a serious post.......Admitting to using meth (whether an experiment or not)with a co-worker and taking money from the cash register? AND hoping to get your job back?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed