Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DEA

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Justice, tasked with combating drug smuggling and use within the United States. Not only is the DEA the lead agency for domestic enforcement of the drug policy of the United States sharing concurrent jurisdiction with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, it also has sole responsibility for coordinating and pursuing U.S. drug investigations abroad.

Perhaps you are working for the DEA or interested in working for the DEA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DEA.

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Destined4success32  
#21 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 6:13:16 AM(UTC)
Destined4success32

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Intel responded back to my email and stated that they’re still waiting on the test results from OPM and anticipates receiving them by mid to late December. Upon receipt we will receive an email regarding the results.
thanks 1 user thanked Destined4success32 for this useful post.
centermass on 11/18/2017(UTC)
centermass  
#22 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 7:16:06 PM(UTC)
centermass

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
thanks for that update, I think I can predict how I did...but good to know the time frame for finding out for sure. I think I will be moving on to other endeavors as far as that job posting is concerned.
nffc81  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:47:21 AM(UTC)
nffc81

United States

I am in the same boat as several other posters on this thread; applied for Nov '16 announcement, first heard back in October, took proctored tests, and now waiting. The only thought that I had which hasn't already been mentioned is that I viewed the extension of the testing window as a potential positive for those of us still hoping to advance. I could be wrong, but my assumption was that because of the significant delay between the initial announcement and testing beginning, lots of applicants didn't take the tests, and the extension was designed to try to grow that number. I know somebody else had concerns that it was because not enough people had been passing during the original testing timeframe, but my guess is it would be very difficult for them to gauge that with such a short turnaround. Just my two cents!
Destined4success32  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 6:56:33 AM(UTC)
Destined4success32

United States

Nffc81

I'm trying to reply to your PM but your mailbox is full.
centermass  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:31:13 AM(UTC)
centermass

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Anyone heard any thing on the results? No word here, not sure if that is good or bad, since I am sure a computer graded Parts 1 and 2 in seconds...
sm-c  
#26 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 9:36:10 AM(UTC)
sm-c

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Not a word. This week I tried calling the phone number listed on the vacancy and e-mailing the intel account that was used to notify us about the proctored exam extension. In November and December people were replying to questions; now it's nothing.
nffc81  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 1:11:58 PM(UTC)
nffc81

United States

I gave them a call today — there were issues that caused problems with some testing sites back in Oct / Nov, hence the extended testing period. The contact explained that that has delayed the results for non-vets, but that they still expect to have them some time this month.

It sounds like vets have already been informed of their status, but I don’t know any to verify that with. Maybe if there are any on the forum you can confirm if that’s the case, and if so - and you passed - whether you have been given information regarding next steps?
sm-c  
#28 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 10:51:08 AM(UTC)
sm-c

United States

Just got off the phone with HR. According to the rep., all of the people who passed the proctored exam have been notified and given their results.
Smiley85  
#29 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 10:46:54 AM(UTC)
Smiley85

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Damn I guess I didn't pass.
AZcactus42  
#30 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 4:15:35 PM(UTC)
AZcactus42

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sm-c Go to Quoted Post
Just got off the phone with HR. According to the rep., all of the people who passed the proctored exam have been notified and given their results.

Maybe the 3rd different thread posting will be the charm... this one seems to be the most recently active. I Applied in Oct/Nov 2016 and tested Oct. 2017. I received a call to interview a few days ago. Anyone have information about how long the hiring process takes after the panel interview? I am in the very final stages (background/clearance currently being adjudicated with DEA) with the Diversion Investigator hiring process. I was very surprised to receive the call to interview a few days ago.. because I had almost forgotten that I had applied and tested for this job. The person I spoke with said "they were in a hurry" to get the interviews completed...
someoldguy  
#31 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 4:28:58 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 963 time(s) in 811 post(s)
Maybe the timelines are like for FBI hiring, and they are both DOJ. Seems like it can take as long as four years to get hired with FBI.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
Destined4success32  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 3:49:37 AM(UTC)
Destined4success32

United States

Azcactus:

Good morning,

We have the same exact timeline! I interviewed at the end of last week and before then had not heard anything regarding my proctored exam until last week. I am curious as well to see when I should receive any information regarding their decisions and my next steps. I contacted the announcement rep yesterday and she stated that I should know something within 30 days howeveras you may all know, their info is not always accurate! I know they are still hiring in my area until next week...
AZcactus42 on 3/27/2018(UTC)
sm-c  
#33 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 6:48:09 AM(UTC)
sm-c

United States

Just got my conditional job offer today! This is for the nation-wide IRS announcement to which I'd applied late 2016.
sm-c  
#34 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 11:19:59 AM(UTC)
sm-c

United States

Is anyone who applied back in 2016 for the IRS position still waiting for a final job offer? I took my poly and have my background investigation interview this week. I heard from HR that the IRS academy class is slated for the first week of October. Anyone else out there who is forging ahead with the hiring process?
Destined4success32  
#35 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 9:26:36 AM(UTC)
Destined4success32

United States

I’m still waiting on my Final Offer Letter, Polygraph, and I submitted my E-Qip and awaiting on a Background Investigator to contact me. I also heard that there will be a IRS class in October and am praying for the process to be speed up! Being that I just went through the same tier 5 background investigation and it was favorable, I hope that will help speed my process up.
sm-c  
#36 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 10:31:52 AM(UTC)
sm-c

United States

You're definitely moving along! I called the HR number listed on the announcement somewhat regularly, and after the last "nudge" I got a request for me to submit the SF86C. When I returned that it immediately set off a snowball of activity: the background investigation began right away, and I got an estimated time frame for when to hear a final offer--2 weeks to 1 month.
Destined4success32  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 3:50:58 PM(UTC)
Destined4success32

United States

My polygraph has been scheduled‼️ A bit nervous 😬 not sure what to expect. I also spoke with HR and was told that if my preemployment process is not completed in time for the upcoming BIRS training in October then the next class will not be until early of next year (pending I pass the poly) 😤
sm-c  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 4:13:37 PM(UTC)
sm-c

United States

Congrats! And also thanks for relaying when the next academy class would be if October doesn't work out. Good to know that it would closely follow. Best of luck with the poly.
thanks 1 user thanked sm-c for this useful post.
Destined4success32 on 8/7/2018(UTC)
Destined4success32  
#39 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 6:30:59 AM(UTC)
Destined4success32

United States

Polygraph(s) completed! One word: Intense!
KR70 on 10/9/2018(UTC)
MrsG1987  
#40 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 12:40:39 PM(UTC)
MrsG1987

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
So thankful for finding this forum. I also applied to the same job posting and received my conditional offer in May 2018 and have not heard anything since June, which is when I asked for an update about receiving access to EQuip and was given the generic answer "Its a long process that can take 12-18 mths". Thanks to some of the comments, I went back to the job announcement and called the HR number listed. After a few back and forth phone calls I found out that my information was some how lost in the process and fell through the gap?? This is very frustrating since as you all know this process has already been long enough. I'm hoping to receive an email soon so the ball can get rolling again. I was also informed that if I pass the remaining of the process the next DEA class is scheduled for the beginning of January or February. Best of luck to all those still waiting and those who have finally made it through the finish line!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed