Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DEA

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Justice, tasked with combating drug smuggling and use within the United States. Not only is the DEA the lead agency for domestic enforcement of the drug policy of the United States sharing concurrent jurisdiction with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, it also has sole responsibility for coordinating and pursuing U.S. drug investigations abroad.

Perhaps you are working for the DEA or interested in working for the DEA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DEA.

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Destined4success32  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 9:07:10 AM(UTC)
Destined4success32

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
So after YEARS of being in this process for the position of DEA IRS, I have FINALLY received my preference sheet and will be attending the upcoming January 2020 BIRS training!!!!!!

Here is my timeline:

Applied: November 2016
Proctored Exam: October 2017
Panel Interview: March 2018
Fingerprint: March 2018
Tentative Offer: April 2018
Onboarding info: April 2018
Drug: May 2018
E-Qip: June 2018
Polygraph: September 2018
EQIP Recert: April 2019
Preference Sheet: November 2019
Final Offer Letter:

Not too thrilled on the location choices however, but very appreciative! Does anyone know of any way around the location options? I'm aware that ultimately staffing is based on the need of the DEA...
thanks 1 user thanked Destined4success32 for this useful post.
zizzer on 11/29/2019(UTC)
OKinNY  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 9:27:41 AM(UTC)
OKinNY

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
No, the DEA is going to send you where they want you/where they need you. So be careful where you select. Make sure you want to go there. There are some real staffing issues going on. But, don't be surprised if you get moved within your division while you are at school. That can happen, but it won't change too much. You have to sign a mobility agreement when you enter the DEA. If you aren't okay with moving, don't take the job. Not trying to be mean, just saying. I love the job and I love the people.
thanks 2 users thanked OKinNY for this useful post.
Destined4success32 on 11/26/2019(UTC), brownbear932008 on 11/26/2019(UTC)
Destined4success32  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 12:13:47 PM(UTC)
Destined4success32

United States

@OKinNY

Understood. I am willing to move, I was just curious. Do you know how long is the initial location move? How long do they give you to get your affairs in order after graduating? I reached out to HR but currently waiting on a response:/
brownbear932008  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:17:40 PM(UTC)
brownbear932008

United States

(Not too thrilled on the location choices however, but very appreciative! Does anyone know of any way around the location options? I'm aware that ultimately staffing is based on the need of the DEA..)

I am right there with you but I knew going into it what I was probably looking at. Not super thrilled about location it's gonna be tough for me with the home life and all being as my spouse can't make the move to the area with her employment.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:18:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked brownbear932008 for this useful post.
Destined4success32 on 11/27/2019(UTC)
Destined4success32  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 5:47:24 AM(UTC)
Destined4success32

United States

My husband will not be moving anywhere without a job and the kids will remain in school where they are until the end of the school year. Sacrifices! But nothing worth having comes easy!
Hampton121  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:11:36 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Destined4success32 Go to Quoted Post
My husband will not be moving anywhere without a job and the kids will remain in school where they are until the end of the school year. Sacrifices! But nothing worth having comes easy!

so are you still taking the job or no?
centermass  
#47 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 6:54:26 PM(UTC)
centermass

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
So I thought I would post on this thread as opposed to some other DEA IRS ones since it more or less relates to my question....

Has anyone else had an interview from either the summer 2019 Excepted Service posting or the Sept 2019 general announcement? I had an interview in December but I (or the panel that did the interview) did not know which announcement I was being interviewed from...

So if anyone could shed some light on this that would be great, as opposed to trying to reach someone at DEA HR............................................................................................

This was in the New England area if that helps.
zizzer  
#48 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2020 5:35:51 AM(UTC)
zizzer

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: centermass Go to Quoted Post
So I thought I would post on this thread as opposed to some other DEA IRS ones since it more or less relates to my question....

Has anyone else had an interview from either the summer 2019 Excepted Service posting or the Sept 2019 general announcement? I had an interview in December but I (or the panel that did the interview) did not know which announcement I was being interviewed from...

So if anyone could shed some light on this that would be great, as opposed to trying to reach someone at DEA HR............................................................................................

This was in the New England area if that helps.

I applied for the 2019 Sept announcement and I am waiting for the interview. I got the biodata results in December (no email yet, but I called). Someone here said that the invitation for the interview can be expected in January, so I think you may have been interviewed for the summer announcement. But this is just a guess...
thanks 1 user thanked zizzer for this useful post.
centermass on 1/5/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed