Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DealAjani  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 7:45:34 PM(UTC)
DealAjani

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Has anyone heard back from the EOIR regarding their legal assistant positions? Had an interview on May 22, wasn't asked to provide any references during the interview and when I contacted HR 2 weeks later they said the agency hasn't made any selections as of yet. Is this normal procedure or is it a sign I'm not likely to be contacted further?
noclaim4noname  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 11:06:55 PM(UTC)
noclaim4noname

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I was told by the supervisor after my interview, once all the interviews are complete and the supervisor has conducted a thorough review to predetermine candidates - the selection process will be determined by OPM.

I noticed another announcement. The announcement was for: Status Candidates, Veterans Recruitment, Individuals with Disabilities, Land Management, Military Spouses, Peace Corps, and Former Overseas Employees. Which I qualify under "Veteran Recruitment", so I applied again.

Not sure if applying again will negate a pending referral.
thanks 1 user thanked noclaim4noname for this useful post.
DealAjani on 7/2/2017(UTC)
DealAjani  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2017 3:06:31 PM(UTC)
DealAjani

United States

Originally Posted by: noclaim4noname Go to Quoted Post
I was told by the supervisor after my interview, once all the interviews are complete and the supervisor has conducted a thorough review to predetermine candidates - the selection process will be determined by OPM.

I noticed another announcement. The announcement was for: Status Candidates, Veterans Recruitment, Individuals with Disabilities, Land Management, Military Spouses, Peace Corps, and Former Overseas Employees. Which I qualify under "Veteran Recruitment", so I applied again.

Not sure if applying again will negate a pending referral.

Yeah I applied to that one too. Maybe its a sign that they're actively hiring more people? It did seem clear to me during the interview that they were in serious need of employees, so hopefully we hear something back soon. Where did you apply for? I applied for the Miami position.
noclaim4noname  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 5:02:34 PM(UTC)
noclaim4noname

United States

There seems for a be possibility of hiring more people. Frankly, EOIR posting another announcement carries ambiguity. Meaning, candidates who are pending referral status are not good fits, or EOIR could have opened a new announcement to interview overlooked candidates (backtracking) for a fair assessment in determining a final candidate! I applied for Dallas.

DealAjani on 7/7/2017(UTC)
DealAjani  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:33:04 PM(UTC)
DealAjani

United States

Has anyone heard back yet or gotten word on a potential timeline for this job? I'm tempted to reach out to the posting official but I don't want to overstep my boundaries or seem too needy.
noclaim4noname  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 8:17:37 PM(UTC)
noclaim4noname

United States

Originally Posted by: DealAjani Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone heard back yet or gotten word on a potential timeline for this job? I'm tempted to reach out to the posting official but I don't want to overstep my boundaries or seem too needy.

Just sit back and wait.

Both of us are in the same pickle. I contacted the person (site manager) who interviewed me, and never received a reply.

Based upon EOIR schedule and time, I clearly understand their position. No lost.

I am estimating a year plus from closing of the announcement, including a background check.
DealAjani on 8/1/2017(UTC)
DealAjani  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:11:26 AM(UTC)
DealAjani

United States

Just sit back and wait.

Both of us are in the same pickle. I contacted the person (site manager) who interviewed me, and never received a reply.

Based upon EOIR schedule and time, I clearly understand their position. No lost.

I am estimating a year plus from closing of the announcement, including a background check.

Yay, hopefully we get news soon. Where did you apply?
noclaim4noname  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2017 3:04:34 PM(UTC)
noclaim4noname

United States

Just sit back and wait.

Just received another referral today from the other announcement at the same location.

Wondering, if, EOIR will undergo another interview or file an exemption?
DealAjani  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2017 3:35:05 PM(UTC)
DealAjani

United States

Just sit back and wait.

Just received another referral today from the other announcement at the same location.

Wondering, if, EOIR will undergo another interview or file an exemption?

Didn't get a referral for that one. Hopefully you can get the exemption for it.

Rachel  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 2:39:43 PM(UTC)
Rachel

United States

Originally Posted by: Nov Go to Quoted Post
I just went for my interview today for legal assistant position with DOJ. Anybody else had a recent interview. I applied in July.

Hi there!
I had my interview last week and received an email this morning with a tentative job offer.
noclaim4noname  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 5:37:08 PM(UTC)
noclaim4noname

United States

Originally Posted by: Rachel Go to Quoted Post
I just went for my interview today for legal assistant position with DOJ. Anybody else had a recent interview. I applied in July.

Hi there!
I had my interview last week and received an email this morning with a tentative job offer.

Congratulations on your tentative offer!

Two referrals for this announcement (public & status candidates) awaiting a response. Crossing fingers.
noclaim4noname  
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 5:52:18 PM(UTC)
noclaim4noname

United States

If this was the announcement for status candidates, got a referral, but, however, might have received an exemption based upon being interviewed under public announcement.
Kell  
#13 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 7:29:26 AM(UTC)
Kell

United States

What was the timeline for each of you who have interviewed? I just applied for a legal assistant position, it just closed on August 21st for Philadelphia. Very anxious to see if I am referred!
DealAjani  
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2017 2:04:30 PM(UTC)
DealAjani

United States

Originally Posted by: Kell Go to Quoted Post
What was the timeline for each of you who have interviewed? I just applied for a legal assistant position, it just closed on August 21st for Philadelphia. Very anxious to see if I am referred!

I applied in April, was referred & had my interview in May, but I haven't heard anything as of yet. Last I heard they hadn't made any selections as of yet.
noclaim4noname  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 9:12:00 PM(UTC)
noclaim4noname

United States

Still patiently waiting. Anybody received an update?
DealAjani  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:59:13 AM(UTC)
DealAjani

United States

I actually emailed the HR rep last week and was told " Interviews are still being conducted for the Legal Assistant position.", so I guess we still have a little while before we'll hear anything at all.
noclaim4noname  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 10:29:58 PM(UTC)
noclaim4noname

United States

Recently, I sat for an interview for Legal Assistant (Office Automation) under Executive Office for US Attorneys (EOUSA). I was informed, by HR whom was present during the interview, that EOUSA selection process could take from six to eight weeks before considered for a second interview. Moreover, if selected after the second interview, an applicant would receive a tentative offer, and that ought to be when EOUSA conducts the background check.

Ironically, HR from EOUSA, also informed me, after I informed HR from EOUSA that my status with EOIR was pending, that it should be in the best of my interest to contact EOIR to find out the status. Because to HR's unequivocal understanding, it should not exceed 6 months for a selection process! Nonetheless, HR from EOUSA, could not speak upon how EOIR conducts their selection process.
DealAjani  
#18 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 3:31:09 PM(UTC)
DealAjani

United States

Recently, I sat for an interview for Legal Assistant (Office Automation) under Executive Office for US Attorneys (EOUSA). I was informed, by HR whom was present during the interview, that EOUSA selection process could take from six to eight weeks before considered for a second interview. Moreover, if selected after the second interview, an applicant would receive a tentative offer, and that ought to be when EOUSA conducts the background check.

Ironically, HR from EOUSA, also informed me, after I informed HR from EOUSA that my status with EOIR was pending, that it should be in the best of my interest to contact EOIR to find out the status. Because to HR's unequivocal understanding, it should not exceed 6 months for a selection process! Nonetheless, HR from EOUSA, could not speak upon how EOIR conducts their selection process.

Interesting.... I never heard any of this. Speaking of, has anyone heard anything yet? It's been nearly 6 months since my interview.
noclaim4noname  
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 5:53:16 PM(UTC)
noclaim4noname

United States

Interesting.... I never heard any of this. Speaking of, has anyone heard anything yet? It's been nearly 6 months since my interview.

Interesting indeed! Nonetheless, I was not selected for EOUSA. I have not received an email regarding the EOIR announcement.

I sent an EOIR about the announcement, and I was told, in a short reply that "they will contact those who they are interested in interviewing". That reply was two months ago!

At this point, I have thrown in the towel and believe that EOIR has already made their selection.
DealAjani  
#20 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 6:08:57 PM(UTC)
DealAjani

United States

Interesting indeed! Nonetheless, I was not selected for EOUSA. I have not received an email regarding the EOIR announcement.

I sent an EOIR about the announcement, and I was told, in a short reply that "they will contact those who they are interested in interviewing". That reply was two months ago!

At this point, I have thrown in the towel and believe that EOIR has already made their selection.

I emailed the hiring official in October & was told "Interviews are still being conducted for the Legal Assistant position. Once final selections have been made you will receive a notification letter to your email address updating your status."

So maybe no news is good news?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed