Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
S00n2BFed  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 10:09:02 AM(UTC)
S00n2BFed

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello my fellow Federal Soup forum goers, I am very curious as to how long your adjudication for your TS/SCI clearance was/is so far, as I am currently going through this phase myself.

I am trying to collect some data on how long the average adjudication period is across the IC in 2016/2017. Adjudication meaning the point at which:
1. Polygraph is passed/complete
2. Background investigation is complete/returned to the IC agency
3. The IC agency is making/has made a decision on you

If you could respond in a similar format to the below that would be greatly appreciated:

Agency: [NSA/CIA/DIA/NGA etc.]
Time Spent in Adjudication: [XX days/weeks/months/years]
Outcome: [FJO Granted/Offer Rescinded - Suitability Denial]

Feel free to add in other IC clearance related facts and figures as well!! Cheers!

P.S. I did not post this in the Security Clearance forum because I wanted it to be specific to IC applicants.
thanks 1 user thanked S00n2BFed for this useful post.
rebels8 on 7/20/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 11:08:00 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 178 time(s) in 158 post(s)
This is a great topic. But maybe you should post it in the forums of the major IC agencies as not very many people look at the IC forum. I'm currently in the middle of the background investigation phase of a TS/SCI clearance process for DIA. Several of the people on the DIA forum have finished their adjudication and become cleared, but they haven't received a FJO yet. They are stuck waiting on the cleared list for various unknown bureaucratic reasons.

Edited by user Thursday, July 20, 2017 11:10:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#MMlivesmatter
S00n2BFed  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 5:19:45 AM(UTC)
S00n2BFed

Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post
This is a great topic. But maybe you should post it in the forums of the major IC agencies as not very many people look at the IC forum. I'm currently in the middle of the background investigation phase of a TS/SCI clearance process for DIA. Several of the people on the DIA forum have finished their adjudication and become cleared, but they haven't received a FJO yet. They are stuck waiting on the cleared list for various unknown bureaucratic reasons.

Hey rebels8, thanks for posting. I think it could be a very helpful thread for people who are in the adjudication phase. I considered posting it in the major IC threads but I really wanted to place it out for everyone who has been and is going through the process with any/all IC agencies, hence putting it on the main IC forum. I have been closely following the DIA forum since that is really the only active IC thread, besides the NGA. I am currently in the adjudication process with NSA and DIA myself, been in this phase for about 6 weeks, so I am hoping to hear something soon. The NSA will be much quicker then the DIA when it comes to receiving FJOs because there is no hiring pool, once your adjudicated and granted the TS/SCI your FJO comes along with it. But I have heard the adjudication phase on average takes between 4-12 weeks, but I have also read the horror stories of people stuck in adjudication for 1 year +.

Best of luck to you rebels8, I hope that BI finished up quick for you!

thanks 1 user thanked S00n2BFed for this useful post.
rebels8 on 7/21/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 6:11:23 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: S00n2BFed Go to Quoted Post

I am currently in the adjudication process with NSA and DIA myself, been in this phase for about 6 weeks, so I am hoping to hear something soon. The NSA will be much quicker then the DIA when it comes to receiving FJOs because there is no hiring pool, once your adjudicated and granted the TS/SCI your FJO comes along with it. But I have heard the adjudication phase on average takes between 4-12 weeks, but I have also read the horror stories of people stuck in adjudication for 1 year +.

Oh really? I assumed that all of the major IC agencies had a hiring pool. What's the exact purpose then of the DIA hiring pool if the other IC agencies don't have a hiring pool?
#MMlivesmatter
S00n2BFed  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 6:47:35 AM(UTC)
S00n2BFed

I am currently in the adjudication process with NSA and DIA myself, been in this phase for about 6 weeks, so I am hoping to hear something soon. The NSA will be much quicker then the DIA when it comes to receiving FJOs because there is no hiring pool, once your adjudicated and granted the TS/SCI your FJO comes along with it. But I have heard the adjudication phase on average takes between 4-12 weeks, but I have also read the horror stories of people stuck in adjudication for 1 year +.

Oh really? I assumed that all of the major IC agencies had a hiring pool. What's the exact purpose then of the DIA hiring pool if the other IC agencies don't have a hiring pool?

I think a lot, maybe most have hiring pools that pull from a cleared list of applicants. However, I believe the NSA and CIA are different in this aspect. With the DIA, an applicant will receive a CJO but no location because if they make it through the process and are cleared they will be bid on by offices in need of that applicants job role, hence the hiring pool is needed because the applicant is not placed yet. With the NSA and CIA, applicants who are given a CJO are given a location and already have slots open and waiting to be filled, thus no hiring pool. Once the applicant is cleared, they are placed and receive the FJO and EOD. That is what I have seen so far at least.
rebels8  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 6:52:27 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

I think a lot, maybe most have hiring pools that pull from a cleared list of applicants. However, I believe the NSA and CIA are different in this aspect. With the DIA, an applicant will receive a CJO but no location because if they make it through the process and are cleared they will be bid on by offices in need of that applicants job role, hence the hiring pool is needed because the applicant is not placed yet. With the NSA and CIA, applicants who are given a CJO are given a location and already have slots open and waiting to be filled, thus no hiring pool. Once the applicant is cleared, they are placed and receive the FJO and EOD. That is what I have seen so far at least.

Well wouldn't it just be a lot more efficient for DIA to give a location and slot when they give out CJOs? It's a pain for people to have to wait on the cleared list for months before they receive a FJO.
#MMlivesmatter
someoldguy  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 7:03:33 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 909 time(s) in 762 post(s)
It's a pain for people to have to wait on the cleared list for months before they receive a FJO.

It may be a pain for us but apparently doing it this way is more convenient for them

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
PdaV  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 4, 2018 6:04:59 AM(UTC)
PdaV

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Any update for you SoontobeFed?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed