Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Contractors

Are you one of the millions who work for Uncle Sam but is not employeed by him? If so, then you are part of the federal contrators' world. This forum is created to allow contrators to share experiences and give insight to others.

FederalSoup is a FREE forum site dedicated to serving the needs of federal contractors, so please keep this forum on topic and focused. This will help make this community valuable. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Alexander2k17  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 6:36:31 PM(UTC)
Alexander2k17

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Everyone,

I was offered a Software Developer position that requires a Secret Clearance.
I submitted my eQIP and I got the notification that it was sent off to be processed by the government.

Just curious to know how long does it usually take to get an Interim Secret Clearance?
I was told approx 45 days by my recruiter / HR rep, but I've been reading some horror stories about people waiting months on this forum.

Insight is greatly appreciated!

leges  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 6:16:58 AM(UTC)
leges

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Alexander2k17 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everyone,

I was offered a Software Developer position that requires a Secret Clearance.
I submitted my eQIP and I got the notification that it was sent off to be processed by the government.

Just curious to know how long does it usually take to get an Interim Secret Clearance?
I was told approx 45 days by my recruiter / HR rep, but I've been reading some horror stories about people waiting months on this forum.

Insight is greatly appreciated!

If OPM is doing the background investigation, the requesting agency is waiting for the results of the Advanced National Agency Check and credit check to be completed, in addition to a review of your SF-86 before making a determination. It can take months for the information to come back (especially since they have a huge backlog).

It use to be interim secret clearances were granted just off a review of the SF-86 and could be granted in as little as a week.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed