Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Contractors

Are you one of the millions who work for Uncle Sam but is not employeed by him? If so, then you are part of the federal contrators' world. This forum is created to allow contrators to share experiences and give insight to others.

FederalSoup is a FREE forum site dedicated to serving the needs of federal contractors, so please keep this forum on topic and focused. This will help make this community valuable. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
baronzb  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 12:57:19 PM(UTC)
baronzb

Groups: Registered

I have had my resume floating around the contracting world for a few months now. While waiting for a reply I took a full time job in my field unbeknownst to the contact agency. The job wasn't working out so I quit with good standing after 6 weeks.

Now I'm back actively seeking contract work with the agency. The jobs primarily would be indian health and va. From my understanding the federal manager makes contractor hiring decisions based on a resume and skills sheet sent by the agency. What would the background check federal workers view the discrepancy as, would they care? Additionally, how would this affect future direct hiring scenarios?The resume on file from the contractor agency is from May before I took the private job. Thanks for your advice.

Edited by user Thursday, July 27, 2017 12:59:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

baronzb  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 1:18:32 PM(UTC)
baronzb

bump
BackGdInvestigator  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 2:46:40 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Public Trust positions (BIA and VA) often submit your resume with your SF85 questionnaire. Discrepancies can cause you headaches, especially if the resume information is older than the submission date for your SF85 (or 86 if used).
*DISCLAIMER*Correctly filling out your security forms will not guarantee you a clearance in 3 months BUT be sloppy and your case will be in the field a heck of a lot longer, guaranteed.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed