Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

51 Pages«<495051
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StillRowing  
#1001 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 5:35:37 AM(UTC)
StillRowing

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
nope.

Month 19 of BI here.
Firetruck  
#1002 Posted : Wednesday, August 01, 2018 5:29:06 PM(UTC)
Firetruck

United States

Also nothing for me... quite disheartening and disappointing. I am just lucky I found something else to do this summer. Hopefully they recognize this problem and fix it so that next year there aren't interns sitting around all summer waiting to hear any word at all.
MEngBound  
#1003 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2018 7:06:18 AM(UTC)
MEngBound

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: StillRowing Go to Quoted Post
nope.

Month 19 of BI here.

Same here - two full summers and still couldn't get adjudicated...and I have nothing remotely difficult in my background.

StillRowing  
#1004 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2018 8:25:46 AM(UTC)
StillRowing

United States

Originally Posted by: MEngBound Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: StillRowing Go to Quoted Post
nope.

Month 19 of BI here.

Same here - two full summers and still couldn't get adjudicated...and I have nothing remotely difficult in my background.

Did you have to fill out an MHTR?
LMC  
#1005 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 2:01:22 PM(UTC)
LMC

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 5 post(s)
So this whole process has been such an adventure.
Like most of you, my BI was not completed in time to start this summer (which is beyond absurd as I have never left the country, never had a passport, never had a ticket, and only one permanent address). It also did not help that my POC was totally disconnected from me and had no clue who I was and did not answer my emails.

I logged into FBI Jobs today and my processing date FINALLY updated from 12/19 to 8/10.
At first I was THRILLED because I thought I was finally on the cusp of knowing my status.
However. It says under "Application Processing Status", "Application: On Hold". When I click on this, it says "Your application has been placed on hold. You will be contacted by the Human Resource Division if supplementary information is needed".

I've uploaded everything- and a final transcript.
Is this normal to see before adjudication (or not adjudication)? Or is something else now up with my application?

Edited by user Monday, August 13, 2018 2:01:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Clarification

Applied: 9/17/17
Interview: 11/14/17
CJO: 12/15/17
E-Qip Submitted: 12/30/17
PSI: 1/31/18
Poly: 2/7/18

infoseek101  
#1006 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:30:31 PM(UTC)
infoseek101

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LMC Go to Quoted Post
So this whole process has been such an adventure.
Like most of you, my BI was not completed in time to start this summer (which is beyond absurd as I have never left the country, never had a passport, never had a ticket, and only one permanent address). It also did not help that my POC was totally disconnected from me and had no clue who I was and did not answer my emails.

I logged into FBI Jobs today and my processing date FINALLY updated from 12/19 to 8/10.
At first I was THRILLED because I thought I was finally on the cusp of knowing my status.
However. It says under "Application Processing Status", "Application: On Hold". When I click on this, it says "Your application has been placed on hold. You will be contacted by the Human Resource Division if supplementary information is needed".

I've uploaded everything- and a final transcript.
Is this normal to see before adjudication (or not adjudication)? Or is something else now up with my application?

I have not posted on here in ages, but I can give you my thoughts on this.
Had the same thing happen to me for 2017 HIP - couldn't finish my background in time and then graduated. Applied to Collegiate Hiring for 2018 and ALL of my applications were placed On-Hold since April. This is just a complete assumption on my part, but I think, there is suitability for the job, unsuitability and somewhere in between. And, the people whose application who are put on hold fall on the latter (somewhere in between). Every person who has mentioned having their application put On-Hold here never had anything come from it (that I know of through posts) including myself. I think the hardest advice to hear (but the best) is to move on with your life and don't let this hold you back. The fact that you were selected means you were a talented individual with promise. Make sure to spend the rest of your career making them regret that they ever skipped over you. I spent way to long thinking I was still in the running when in reality it was over and done with. For the record, all my apps are still On-Hold and it has been over a year since I had any contact with anyone.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:32:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sunnsnow  
#1007 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 6:35:57 AM(UTC)
sunnsnow

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi all,

I, like some of you, did not have my background completed in time for the 2018 HIP. I received an email this week encouraging me to apply again for 2019, and checked my portal and my application is "on hold." Some questions if anyone has an answer:

1) If I apply again, will the process start over? Or will they pick up where they left off on my background? Specifically, do I need to do the polygraph again, fill out a PSI, etc.
2) Should I apply with my same materials (i.e., cover letter) as last round? Treat it like a whole new application, or operate under the assumption that I am still 'on hold'?

Also - does anyone see any benefit in applying as soon as the application period begins? I applied toward the end of the period this past time, and wondering if that's why I was so delayed.

Thanks!

StillRowing  
#1008 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 9:38:39 AM(UTC)
StillRowing

United States

Originally Posted by: sunnsnow Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

I, like some of you, did not have my background completed in time for the 2018 HIP. I received an email this week encouraging me to apply again for 2019, and checked my portal and my application is "on hold." Some questions if anyone has an answer:

1) If I apply again, will the process start over? Or will they pick up where they left off on my background? Specifically, do I need to do the polygraph again, fill out a PSI, etc.
2) Should I apply with my same materials (i.e., cover letter) as last round? Treat it like a whole new application, or operate under the assumption that I am still 'on hold'?

Also - does anyone see any benefit in applying as soon as the application period begins? I applied toward the end of the period this past time, and wondering if that's why I was so delayed.

Thanks!

They say that it will pick up where it left off but you will still have the person in charge of reporting on your background for wherever you presently live/work reinterviewing all the people you put down as job and personal references. Poly and drug tests are good for 2 years so you won't have to take them again. As for applying as soon as the application opens, it doesn't matter. No one will look at your application during the open period and the earliest you might get a call is early November. I applied last August, and the August before that and it didn't matter. They still, after 20 months have not finished my background.
Rangers33  
#1009 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 10:31:00 AM(UTC)
Rangers33

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Does anyone know when job announcements and interviews will be for the interns that stayed on and graduate in May
Rss Feed  Atom Feed