Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

51 Pages«<495051
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chat345  
#1001 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 10:03:52 AM(UTC)
Chat345

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Anyone recieve an FJO today or any updates?
thanks 1 user thanked Chat345 for this useful post.
Techstuff on 6/23/2018(UTC)
den234  
#1002 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 10:05:15 AM(UTC)
den234

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Silence on my end
ymzk  
#1003 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 11:38:57 AM(UTC)
ymzk

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: walogejixo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Chat345 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone know if they’ll be sending out FJOs tomorrow and Sunday?

Excellent question. It would be nice if they would at least give us some indication of whether the fact we didn't hear today brings this to a final close, or if this indicates hope for the weekend. I still don't understand why they wouldn't have emailed us a week ago like other people saying that our backgrounds weren't going to be finished on time.

This isn't much consolation but when I spoke to full-time employees that were interns last year, one of them told me that HR sent out FJOs up to the Friday before each start date and by Sunday evening, had sent out another email notifying candidates (that were simply waiting on favourable adjudication and final processing for the FJO) letting them know that there was another new start date for them if they got through processing in time. There were four waves of interns last year so they'd gone through that waiting + new email + later start date process at least twice. One previous intern (now full time employee) I spoke to started on the 4th or 5th week of the internship. I don't know if that's how HR will be doing things this year but that's something to consider as some of you wait for your FJO or need to make a decision about choosing the bureau over other potential choices.
thanks 1 user thanked ymzk for this useful post.
walogejixo on 6/23/2018(UTC)
Lukchur  
#1004 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 11:46:25 AM(UTC)
Lukchur

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JUmph Go to Quoted Post
For being in a state of "hold" for 19 months now, and still waiting for "the" Phone call, can anyone post some words of encouragement that this is all worth it? What doors did this open for you? Is the internship giving you what you thought it would? Was there a Part-time job offer to continue during the school year? What about for when you graduate? I'd potentially be leaving another internship with long-term possibilities for this and want to get some insight if this is the right path. No one has ever explained what I might be doing and I am not sure if I am the only one who feels like they are going in blind. For reference, I am an upcoming college senior in mechanical engineering and math major.

"Worth it" is a subjective term. It depends on what you are looking to get out of this internship. If you wish to work for the FBI or anywhere in the federal government then its definitely worth it. However, It isn't easy. The commute is rough, the hours are long, the stakes are high and the work is critical. You must come in early and stay late every day and work your hardest and make connections with everyone you meet. If you can do all of this, then yes it is absolutely worth it. You are among 5% of the highest qualified applicants in the world and you have to prove your worth in just 10 weeks. There are thousands of people gunning for a job at the FBI. Now, you mentioned you have another internship that you might be giving up. It really depends on what you want to do and where you want to work because the FBI isn't for everyone. My fellow intern I'm with doesn't even want to work for the FBI he just wants this for his résumé... all of this is to say, it might not be the right path for you. It may not actually be worth it for you if the other internship suits you better and is more along your career path.

You definitely aren't the only one who feels like they're going in blind, I felt the same way too (that's why I am on these forums now because I knew exactly how you are feeling). The fact of the matter is, you won't know what you are going to be doing until you actually get into your office and start getting assignments from your supervisor. I didn't know until day 3 what unit I was actually going to be on. What I can tell you is that most of the stuff the interns are doing is like doing research, preparing reports/briefs, making PowerPoints, assisting with projects, sitting in on meetings and stuff like that (again, it depends on your unit). A lot of the other interns I have talked to are doing many various different things. As an example, I have one other intern with me in my same division and we do completely different things- so you never know. If its any consolation, I know how you feel and Its scary, its stressful, and it can be frustrating... but hang in there because you never know what amazing things you might get to do or who you might get to meet.

Now, I will try to answer your questions:

1. What doors did this open for you? Is the internship giving you what you thought it would?

I cannot say for sure yet what doors may be opened for me yet since we are in the beginning portion of the internship, however I will say that the people you meet and connections you make are invaluable and that is ultimately, from what I've been told, what gets you a job - not just your résumé. Also, yes, this internship is giving me all that I hoped and more, I cannot think of a better place to intern and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

2. Was there a Part-time job offer to continue during the school year? What about for when you graduate?

As for this question, the answer is: It depends. For some people yes and for others no. In weeks 7-8 your supervisor or Division Chief will perform an evaluation on you and determine if you will get to continue on throughout the school year (winter/fall/ and potentially the summer again). And just because you continue on does not mean you are guaranteed a job when you graduate; there must be a position available for you and you must also meet all the requirements and qualifications. Good news is you will be at the top of the list (above random applicants with no bureau experience) so that is definitely a plus. Another thing to mention is that you may be in a division with 10 other interns and there may only be space for 1 or 2 to stay on during the school year. Which is why I said you must be the best of the best.

Good luck, keep your head up, and feel free (anyone reading this) to ask me any questions you might have and ill try to answer as best I can.

Edited by user Sunday, June 24, 2018 8:11:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Lukchur for this useful post.
MEngBound on 6/23/2018(UTC), lee2019 on 6/24/2018(UTC)
Lukchur  
#1005 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 11:48:44 AM(UTC)
Lukchur

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ymzk Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: walogejixo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lukchur Go to Quoted Post
Are there any females here that got a CJO for OPE at DCHQ? If so, I heard we might be able to bring you on on the 25th as long as your background finishes up. Good luck and hope to see you here soon!
To all the others waiting, be patient! a lot of the interns I went through orientation with had just got their letter the Friday before we started! Keep your heads up and be patient, FJOs are coming soon.

Of those people who heard back right before the start date, did any of those people not hear that they were finally adjudicated, and then suddenly receive a FJO. Seemingly people that have received their FJOs, heard a few days/weeks prior that they were adjudicated, which makes me feel unhopeful that I will receive an FJO. Thank you!

I didn't receive any word on the status of my background check or adjudication before I received my FJO at 18:30 Friday evening before the internship began. The way things are going with the adjudication teams now, it's very likely interns for this second round will experience the same thing; some may get their FJOs that Friday evening.

Ditto. Seems like that happened to alot of people. I met 2 people who got their FJOs on friday night and had to move FROM CALIFORNIA to DC in just 2 days.
MisatoSoup  
#1006 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 10:59:15 AM(UTC)
MisatoSoup

Did anyone else not get a final offer this past weekend? I got an email two weeks back saying my BI wouldn't be finished in time and that it might be possible to intern during the fall/winter- is anyone planning to try for this/has anyone heard about this option?
MEngBound  
#1007 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 11:21:49 AM(UTC)
MEngBound

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MisatoSoup Go to Quoted Post
Did anyone else not get a final offer this past weekend? I got an email two weeks back saying my BI wouldn't be finished in time and that it might be possible to intern during the fall/winter- is anyone planning to try for this/has anyone heard about this option?

No FJO here. Was asked last Wednesday to re-sign/date and scan back several "release" pages again so I thought that was a positive sign. This is the second summer they did not complete my clearance (and nothing difficult was in it). As for Fall internship, they dangled that carrot last year as well but I was told it was not available in Dallas.
thanks 1 user thanked MEngBound for this useful post.
MisatoSoup on 6/25/2018(UTC)
Techstuff  
#1008 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 1:08:35 PM(UTC)
Techstuff

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MisatoSoup Go to Quoted Post

I did not get a final offer either. I was not notified that my background wouldn't finish in time, and received questions about my background investigation as late as Thursday morning. I have not been contacted about my future options.
thanks 1 user thanked Techstuff for this useful post.
MEngBound on 6/25/2018(UTC)
Reinamour  
#1009 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:30:38 AM(UTC)
Reinamour

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I got another "in background" email today. What does that mean? Who knows.
thanks 1 user thanked Reinamour for this useful post.
curiousgeorge12 on 6/27/2018(UTC)
NotSoGamerBoy  
#1010 Posted : Wednesday, July 04, 2018 9:13:03 AM(UTC)
NotSoGamerBoy

Man
United States

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Hey guys I don't want to give anyone false hope, but I did over hear my Internship coordinator talking on the phone yesterday with someone from HQ and I heard something about there may be more interns starting either this Friday or next Monday. I'll try to know if its a for sure thing, but don't lose hope!
NotSoGamerBoy  
#1011 Posted : Thursday, July 05, 2018 5:28:47 AM(UTC)
NotSoGamerBoy

Man
United States

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 40 post(s)
UPDATE: I just heard from HQ there will be another start date for this Upcoming Monday 7/9!

Good luck to all of those still waiting!

PS: If you haven’t done so, submit your final Transcript like now!!! I heard that was what held up is still holding up most applicants

Edited by user Thursday, July 05, 2018 5:31:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Techstuff  
#1012 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2018 2:49:13 PM(UTC)
Techstuff

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: curiousgeorge12 Go to Quoted Post
If you are still waiting for an FJO, you're not the only one! I'm here with you

I am also still waiting to hear back. It's 7pm on Friday, so I'd be shocked to hear anything about next Monday.

Thank you for the updates.
thanks 1 user thanked Techstuff for this useful post.
RW2022 on 7/12/2018(UTC)
StillRowing  
#1013 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 5:35:37 AM(UTC)
StillRowing

United States

nope.

Month 19 of BI here.
Firetruck  
#1014 Posted : Wednesday, August 01, 2018 5:29:06 PM(UTC)
Firetruck

Groups ready for retrieval: Registered
United States

Also nothing for me... quite disheartening and disappointing. I am just lucky I found something else to do this summer. Hopefully they recognize this problem and fix it so that next year there aren't interns sitting around all summer waiting to hear any word at all.
MEngBound  
#1015 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2018 7:06:18 AM(UTC)
MEngBound

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: StillRowing Go to Quoted Post
nope.

Month 19 of BI here.

Same here - two full summers and still couldn't get adjudicated...and I have nothing remotely difficult in my background.

StillRowing  
#1016 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2018 8:25:46 AM(UTC)
StillRowing

United States

Originally Posted by: MEngBound Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: StillRowing Go to Quoted Post
nope.

Month 19 of BI here.

Same here - two full summers and still couldn't get adjudicated...and I have nothing remotely difficult in my background.

Did you have to fill out an MHTR?
LMC  
#1017 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 2:01:22 PM(UTC)
LMC

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
So this whole process has been such an adventure.
Like most of you, my BI was not completed in time to start this summer (which is beyond absurd as I have never left the country, never had a passport, never had a ticket, and only one permanent address). It also did not help that my POC was totally disconnected from me and had no clue who I was and did not answer my emails.

I logged into FBI Jobs today and my processing date FINALLY updated from 12/19 to 8/10.
At first I was THRILLED because I thought I was finally on the cusp of knowing my status.
However. It says under "Application Processing Status", "Application: On Hold". When I click on this, it says "Your application has been placed on hold. You will be contacted by the Human Resource Division if supplementary information is needed".

I've uploaded everything- and a final transcript.
Is this normal to see before adjudication (or not adjudication)? Or is something else now up with my application?

Edited by user Monday, August 13, 2018 2:01:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Clarification

Applied: 9/17/17
Interview: 11/14/17
CJO: 12/15/17
E-Qip Submitted: 12/30/17
PSI: 1/31/18
Poly: 2/7/18

infoseek101  
#1018 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:30:31 PM(UTC)
infoseek101

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LMC Go to Quoted Post
So this whole process has been such an adventure.
Like most of you, my BI was not completed in time to start this summer (which is beyond absurd as I have never left the country, never had a passport, never had a ticket, and only one permanent address). It also did not help that my POC was totally disconnected from me and had no clue who I was and did not answer my emails.

I logged into FBI Jobs today and my processing date FINALLY updated from 12/19 to 8/10.
At first I was THRILLED because I thought I was finally on the cusp of knowing my status.
However. It says under "Application Processing Status", "Application: On Hold". When I click on this, it says "Your application has been placed on hold. You will be contacted by the Human Resource Division if supplementary information is needed".

I've uploaded everything- and a final transcript.
Is this normal to see before adjudication (or not adjudication)? Or is something else now up with my application?

I have not posted on here in ages, but I can give you my thoughts on this.
Had the same thing happen to me for 2017 HIP - couldn't finish my background in time and then graduated. Applied to Collegiate Hiring for 2018 and ALL of my applications were placed On-Hold since April. This is just a complete assumption on my part, but I think, there is suitability for the job, unsuitability and somewhere in between. And, the people whose application who are put on hold fall on the latter (somewhere in between). Every person who has mentioned having their application put On-Hold here never had anything come from it (that I know of through posts) including myself. I think the hardest advice to hear (but the best) is to move on with your life and don't let this hold you back. The fact that you were selected means you were a talented individual with promise. Make sure to spend the rest of your career making them regret that they ever skipped over you. I spent way to long thinking I was still in the running when in reality it was over and done with. For the record, all my apps are still On-Hold and it has been over a year since I had any contact with anyone.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:32:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed