Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JML  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 12:21:27 PM(UTC)
JML

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I have been offered positions at both NGA and DIA. NGA as an imagery scientist and DIA is an "analyst" position. I am having a hard time deciding between the two. My background is in mathematics with two years in modeling and simulation, and technology assessments. NGA seems to suit me more with respect to my technical skills, but seems narrow in scope and perhaps more removed from the "front lines" when compared to DIA. DIA seems to have a more notable/prominent reputation (lead DoD IC agency) and lots of different areas to explore(being all-source), but without knowing what area of "Analyst" I'll be assigned to I'm afraid of being assigned work far removed from my technical skill set. Also, the salary from NGA is much higher, which figures into my calculus but doesn't tip the list- 1.) mission/purpose, 2.) specific type of work I'll do, and 3.) salary and location. Does anyone have any advice?
thanks 1 user thanked JML for this useful post.
rebels8 on 8/16/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 12:40:59 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 178 time(s) in 158 post(s)
JML,

I have a CJO from DIA and I'm currently waiting on the "cleared list." Maybe you should post your message in the DIA and NGA forums and get advice from people on those forums. A lot more people visit the DIA and NGA forums than visit the main IC forum.
#MMlivesmatter
JML  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 12:52:45 PM(UTC)
JML

United States

Thanks for the tip!
JML  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 1:01:19 PM(UTC)
JML

United States

Rebels8, how long have you been on the "cleared" list? Have they indicated more specificity what you might be doing? You don't have to say what if you don't want to, just curious at what point they give you more than just "you'll be an analyst".
thanks 1 user thanked JML for this useful post.
rebels8 on 8/16/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 1:14:52 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 178 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JML Go to Quoted Post
Rebels8, how long have you been on the "cleared" list? Have they indicated more specificity what you might be doing? You don't have to say what if you don't want to, just curious at what point they give you more than just "you'll be an analyst".

I found out that I was cleared this past Friday. My career field is Mission Management and my career specialty is intelligence operations management. However, there are very few open Mission Management positions and the cleared list for Mission Management is therefore really backlogged. Somebody else on the Mission Management cleared list said on the DIA forum that the files of people on the Mission Management cleared list are being sent around to other career field offices to see if we qualify to be hired under those career fields. In fact, that person has been contacted for a position in another career field. I'm currently just waiting to hear back from the mission management career field office. Have you been in contact with the Analysis career field office at DIA? They may be able to give you some useful info about what analysis specialty that you'd be most qualified for. Were you assigned one or more analysis career specialties when you received your CJO from DIA?
#MMlivesmatter
JML  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 1:39:24 PM(UTC)
JML

United States

I haven't been in contact with the Analysis directorate. The only specialty listed is All Source Analysis, which seems pretty vague to me.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed