Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Emergency Management Agency

FEMA aims to support citizens and first responders to ensure that the nation works together to build, sustain and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kanihoncho  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 1:18:38 PM(UTC)
kanihoncho

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I am thinking of applying for a position that states "Occasional travel - This position may require non-emergency travel (5%)" Now what worries me about an organization of this type is the PD line that states "and any other duties as deemed appropriate" or words to that effect. With federal employment being what it is these days, I see much potential for abuse. Any experienced FEMA, or former, employees out there willing to comment?

Edited by user Monday, September 18, 2017 1:19:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FatHappyCat  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 10:17:17 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Certain positions in FEMA deploy more than others depending on what division you're in. If you're in response for example, you're going to be out a lot. When I was in Mission Support I almost never deployed.
kimi  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2018 3:59:56 PM(UTC)
kimi

United States

I was hired in November 2016 as a Reservist and have gone to the Emergency Manager Orientation, I am yet to be deployed.
Can anyone please inform me when I am expected to be deployed or if there is anything I could do or speed up my deployment.

How can I also get move up from the reservist position to the responder position.

I need advice and insight into how this works.

Thanks
FatHappyCat  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2018 4:23:30 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Keep your FEMA phone on and status as available. Certain trades deploy more than others. 0080s and 2210s are always in high demands. Unfortunately, it's only busy when something bad happens....
kimi  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 9:27:31 PM(UTC)
kimi

United States

Thanks for the response.

I want to start taking some FEMA classes, do I need to contact my supervisor before taking any classes or courses?

Thanks.
Quicksilver5  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 7:48:31 AM(UTC)
Quicksilver5

United States

Does anyone know how often finance section chiefs travel for fema? It sounds like a lot of desk work but is that accurate? How often are they away from home?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed