Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

9 Pages«<789
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Seadogg  
#161 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2018 6:15:54 AM(UTC)
Seadogg

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 487 time(s) in 321 post(s)
Well my point is that if you're worried about "fairness", there's no particular reason that doing a job for more time entitles you to more pay. That's just how contract reads. In the same way the contract indicates the pay loophole.
dafishman  
#162 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 5:27:38 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Not trying to bust ya balls when I say this but it wasn’t a loophole so please stop calling it as such. It was the proper way for promotion based on the promotion rules pre 10/14/2017 which was caused by the pay being lowered so much that the carriers promotion would be between the two steps so they would go up to the next step.

The post office caused the issue by gutting the pay, t6 did not abuse it. It was thier rules. The poor guys who got a promotion into a t6 I’m sorry that’s just how it is. The promotion rules should have been looked into right away and then fixed not close to 5 years later.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
postalvet on 6/7/2018(UTC)
oldboy  
#163 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 7:54:53 AM(UTC)
oldboy

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dafishman Go to Quoted Post
Not trying to bust ya balls when I say this but it wasn’t a loophole so please stop calling it as such. It was the proper way for promotion based on the promotion rules pre 10/14/2017 which was caused by the pay being lowered so much that the carriers promotion would be between the two steps so they would go up to the next step.

The post office caused the issue by gutting the pay, t6 did not abuse it. It was thier rules. The poor guys who got a promotion into a t6 I’m sorry that’s just how it is. The promotion rules should have been looked into right away and then fixed not close to 5 years later.

Very accurate post,

Those poor guys converted directly to a swing could not bid onto another swing and receive two steps correct?
Just pointing that out.
dafishman  
#164 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 9:59:09 AM(UTC)

They don’t get the bump, but if I’m wrong someone will know. But by he promotion rules it is correct. 8000 guys had their pay frozen. How many were directly converted to a t6 strong and didn’t get the bump? I’m betting not a lot.

Edited by user Thursday, June 07, 2018 10:00:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Seadogg  
#165 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 10:43:52 AM(UTC)
Seadogg

Originally Posted by: oldboy Go to Quoted Post

Very accurate post,

Those poor guys converted directly to a swing could not bid onto another swing and receive two steps correct?
Just pointing that out.

I knew a guy who was converted to a string. He bid on a route and back to a string and he did get the two step bump.
oldboy  
#166 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 4:12:48 PM(UTC)
oldboy

They don’t get the bump, but if I’m wrong someone will know. But by he promotion rules it is correct. 8000 guys had their pay frozen. How many were directly converted to a t6 strong and didn’t get the bump? I’m betting not a lot.

I would say probably the same " eight thousand or more" In my office alone , 4 did and 4 did not. A perfect 50%.
dafishman  
#167 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 5:08:40 PM(UTC)

So you are basing a national level thing off a local observation? So you have no real numbers. I doubt its even 10% of the 8000.
LastLaconiaTE  
#168 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 5:15:04 PM(UTC)
LastLaconiaTE

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I made regular as a T6, bid a route, did that route for a few weeks, and bid my T6 swing when it was posted.
I got the pay bump, and have been on that swing for 3 years.
colty31  
#169 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 5:26:24 PM(UTC)
colty31

United States

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 43 post(s)
is it possible to still take advantage of the T6 pay bump? or have they fixed/changed it?
Blitzkrieg  
#170 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 6:36:31 PM(UTC)
Blitzkrieg

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)
All they had to do after converted straight to a T6 position was bid down to a regular route, and then rebid their T6 swing. Then they they would receive the 2 step bump. And no it has been stopped and you only go up to level 2 pay at the level you are at, and they have frozen our pay until we would have naturally reached the step (as if we never received the bump). I don’t understand fellow carriers condemning the carriers that took advantage of this wording in the contract. Especially when they could have bid off, and bid right back on and received it. We had 3 in our office do exactly that.
Seadogg  
#171 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 7:53:04 PM(UTC)
Seadogg

Originally Posted by: oldboy Go to Quoted Post

I would say probably the same " eight thousand or more" In my office alone , 4 did and 4 did not. A perfect 50%.

That would make no sense at all. There are roughly 5 times as many routes as t6 positions, and many carriers are first converted unassigned. Despite your anecdote, the number of carriers converted directly to T6 positions is most definitely small. Plus, as stated they had the option of bidding down and up again for the bump.
oldboy  
#172 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2018 1:47:26 AM(UTC)
oldboy

Originally Posted by: Blitzkrieg Go to Quoted Post
All they had to do after converted straight to a T6 position was bid down to a regular route, and then rebid their T6 swing. Then they they would receive the 2 step bump. And no it has been stopped and you only go up to level 2 pay at the level you are at, and they have frozen our pay until we would have naturally reached the step (as if we never received the bump). I don’t understand fellow carriers condemning the carriers that took advantage of this wording in the contract. Especially when they could have bid off, and bid right back on and received it. We had 3 in our office do exactly that.

It's that easy to find a vacant route after being converted?
Then it's that easy to find another vacant t6 position?

So you are saying they are to blame for not moving basically 3 times, conversion to a swing, wait for another route to become vacant ( could be years) then jump on that , then in the meantime wait for a swing to open up?

I understand why they are upset for another carrier only having to move once for two steps. I do not see why some do not.

Some act like it's that's easy for these guys to get converted and once they do, it's a musical chair rapid movement, it's not.

Also, to be realistic most did not know about the two free steps for a while after the contract was in effect. My installation figured it out after a carrier came to the union wondering why they were at step C after 10 months.
Anyways, I am looking forward to this arbitration, id like to see both sets of carriers ( free stepers and directly converted) seek some type of remedy.

It will be interesting.

Edited by user Friday, June 08, 2018 2:08:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Blitzkrieg  
#173 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2018 2:05:56 PM(UTC)
Blitzkrieg

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Granted, a regular route might not open right away, but when it did and you can successfully bid it, even if it took a while to trickle down to you. And you shouldn’t need to wait for a T6 position, because all you have to do is bid back to the exact same swing you had just bid off. If you were assigned that swing upon conversion, that means it was a vacancy that no one had bid on. Therefore no one above you wanted it in the 1st place, so you get it back and you get the bump. I personally missed an opportunity to bid a swing prior to knowing about the 2 step bump and a fellow former TE below me got it and got the bump. And this was over 3 years ago. I think it would have been nice that once the NALC found out they would have somehow notified the members. I had to wait another 2 + years before another became available. And I successfully bid it in August of 2017, just before the Freeze on 10/14/17. And I as a former TE (or anyone in the 2nd pay scale) who took a 29% or $5.90 per hour pay cut to become CCA’s, deserve to take advantage of every nickel they can pry from the USPS in a contractually just manner. It’s one thing to go in and change the “anomaly” and stop it from then on......but to try to go back and say it was unjust is garbage. It was contractually just otherwise, they never would have done it. Intent does not matter. You can’t break the contract. It’s as simple as that.
thanks 2 users thanked Blitzkrieg for this useful post.
LastLaconiaTE on 6/8/2018(UTC), Postalcarrier2018 on 6/8/2018(UTC)
Postalcarrier2018  
#174 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2018 2:55:57 PM(UTC)
Postalcarrier2018

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Blitzkrieg Go to Quoted Post
Granted, a regular route might not open right away, but when it did and you can successfully bid it, even if it took a while to trickle down to you. And you shouldn’t need to wait for a T6 position, because all you have to do is bid back to the exact same swing you had just bid off. If you were assigned that swing upon conversion, that means it was a vacancy that no one had bid on. Therefore no one above you wanted it in the 1st place, so you get it back and you get the bump. I personally missed an opportunity to bid a swing prior to knowing about the 2 step bump and a fellow former TE below me got it and got the bump. And this was over 3 years ago. I think it would have been nice that once the NALC found out they would have somehow notified the members. I had to wait another 2 + years before another became available. And I successfully bid it in August of 2017, just before the Freeze on 10/14/17. And I as a former TE (or anyone in the 2nd pay scale) who took a 29% or $5.90 per hour pay cut to become CCA’s, deserve to take advantage of every nickel they can pry from the USPS in a contractually just manner. It’s one thing to go in and change the “anomaly” and stop it from then on......but to try to go back and say it was unjust is garbage. It was contractually just otherwise, they never would have done it. Intent does not matter. You can’t break the contract. It’s as simple as that.

"You can’t break the contract. It’s as simple as that."

Agreed 110%. They shouldn't be able to change something in the middle of a contract.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed