Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JasonDeAndre  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 2:00:00 PM(UTC)
JasonDeAndre

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: shackmaster Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JasonDeAndre Go to Quoted Post
So let me make sure I got this right. I'm at Step C2. If I bid down to a route, which I'm seriously considering, I go to the step I would have been in had I not been promoted. Had I not been promoted I would be in A. Once the contract was ratified I would have been bumped up to B due to my prior TE time. My original step increase would have been 05 2018. Does my time start over if I bid back down or do I keep that time? I know some of you have mentioned it earlier. Just trying to be sure.

Your prior TE time is irrelevant at this point. Changes related to it do not begin until 5/26/18.

"Effective May 26, 2018, eligible former transitional employees (TEs) will be advanced in Table 2 of the letter carrier pay scale based on their length of service as TEs after Sept. 29, 2007. Such former TEs will be entitled to between one and four step increases..."

I understand that. What I was saying was that any former TEs who would have been in Step A would have been bumped up to Step B when the contract was ratified. My question is if I bid off my string and go back to Step B, would my time in Step start over or would I retain it?
roger.d  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 3:00:11 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 223 post(s)
So let me make sure I got this right. I'm at Step C2. If I bid down to a route, which I'm seriously considering, I go to the step I would have been in had I not been promoted. Had I not been promoted I would be in A. Once the contract was ratified I would have been bumped up to B due to my prior TE time. My original step increase would have been 05 2018. Does my time start over if I bid back down or do I keep that time? I know some of you have mentioned it earlier. Just trying to be sure.

Your prior TE time is irrelevant at this point. Changes related to it do not begin until 5/26/18.

"Effective May 26, 2018, eligible former transitional employees (TEs) will be advanced in Table 2 of the letter carrier pay scale based on their length of service as TEs after Sept. 29, 2007. Such former TEs will be entitled to between one and four step increases..."

I understand that. What I was saying was that any former TEs who would have been in Step A would have been bumped up to Step B when the contract was ratified. My question is if I bid off my string and go back to Step B, would my time in Step start over or would I retain it?

If you understand it, why are you repeating something that is incorrect.

JasonDeAndre  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 3:36:52 PM(UTC)
JasonDeAndre

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: roger.d Go to Quoted Post

If you understand it, why are you repeating something that is incorrect.

I'm only basing that off the MOU Re: Conversion of CCA with creditable TE Service. All I'm still asking is whether or not I lose my current time in step regardless of what step I go down to?
LastLaconiaTE  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:24:29 PM(UTC)
LastLaconiaTE

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm not stepping down to a route, I started in 09 and should get a 2 grade bump for TE service, so I'll wait till my step catches up in 12/19 and then look for a good route to stay on.
Blitzkrieg  
#45 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 9:35:33 AM(UTC)
Blitzkrieg

United States

Isn't the Step advancement freezing something the Union would have to agree to? At our regional training over Columbus Day weekend in Detroit, Rolando spoke how the Post Office had started talking to the Union about wanting to freeze the pay for those of us who got the "2 step bump" from going to a T6 position from a regular route. They can't do whatever the hell they want....we weren't mistakenly paid the bump.......it'd been in there for almost 5 years. They had ample time to fix that. If they want to change it for future promotions that's fine.....but to freeze my next step from pay period 16/2018 and now it's 2/2020 is criminal. Over 2.5 years between steps........and if the Union agreed to this *****, I hope they got something really nice!

Edited by user Friday, October 20, 2017 5:57:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Blitzkrieg for this useful post.
jeepman296 on 10/20/2017(UTC), timing on 10/21/2017(UTC)
timing  
#46 Posted : Saturday, October 21, 2017 3:49:13 PM(UTC)
timing

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Blitzkrieg Go to Quoted Post
Isn't the Step advancement freezing something the Union would have to agree to? At our regional training over Columbus Day weekend in Detroit, Rolando spoke how the Post Office had started talking to the Union about wanting to freeze the pay for those of us who got the "2 step bump" from going to a T6 position from a regular route. They can't do whatever the hell they want....we weren't mistakenly paid the bump.......it'd been in there for almost 5 years. They had ample time to fix that. If they want to change it for future promotions that's fine.....but to freeze my next step from pay period 16/2018 and now it's 2/2020 is criminal. Over 2.5 years between steps........and if the Union agreed to this *****, I hope they got something really nice!

I have to agree with this. Anytime we give something up that's "written in stone" so to speak, whether it was intentional or accidental, we should get some sort of compromise.

Any lawyer could have a good case here saying the Postal Service is violating the contract written years ago.

Didn't see any mention of this in the new contract.

Wonder what kind of "back alley" deals are going on here?

Current FTR carrier - former TE clerk, PTF carrier, Casual clerk, PTF/FTR clerk, PTF/FTR mailhandler, 4 probations
NewYorker  
#47 Posted : Saturday, October 21, 2017 4:22:51 PM(UTC)
NewYorker

Does it say officially anywhere that those T6's that received the 2 step increase will not get anymore step increases until the rest catch up?

I told that to a few people and they didn't believe me.

Heyitsme  
#48 Posted : Saturday, October 21, 2017 8:03:32 PM(UTC)
Heyitsme

Originally Posted by: NewYorker Go to Quoted Post
Does it say officially anywhere that those T6's that received the 2 step increase will not get anymore step increases until the rest catch up?

I told that to a few people and they didn't believe me.

The only official thing I've seen on it is my PS50 stating my next step is increase is PP9 2019.
Blitzkrieg  
#49 Posted : Saturday, October 21, 2017 8:06:17 PM(UTC)
Blitzkrieg

United States

I haven't read it anywhere. The only thing I read was that ELM that eliminated the bump and changed it so that it is like the carriers in the 1st payscale. The move to level 2 pay and maintain time in step......so that the "anomaly" would not be triggered. I did not read ianything pertaining to a step raise freeze. I just noticed a new Form 50 in my file changing my next step from 16/2018 to 2/2020......if they can't freeze steps for disciplinary reasons they sure as hell cant do it because they screwed up 5 years ago with the Das Award.
NewYorker  
#50 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 3:27:26 AM(UTC)
NewYorker

Originally Posted by: Blitzkrieg Go to Quoted Post
I haven't read it anywhere. The only thing I read was that ELM that eliminated the bump and changed it so that it is like the carriers in the 1st payscale. The move to level 2 pay and maintain time in step......so that the "anomaly" would not be triggered. I did not read ianything pertaining to a step raise freeze. I just noticed a new Form 50 in my file changing my next step from 16/2018 to 2/2020......if they can't freeze steps for disciplinary reasons they sure as hell cant do it because they screwed up 5 years ago with the Das Award.

The only problem with this is that those with the two step bump will reach top pay faster than the rest. That may be a grievance on behalf of those carriers who have to work 2 extra years to get to top pay. It doesn't seem entirely fair that there is almost a $5000 difference. What's more insulting is that those T6's who were assigned to their strings do not even qualify for the bump. That is even more egregious. They are doing the same exact job, have a T6 string and do not get the 2 step increase because of a technicality?
Blitzkrieg  
#51 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 4:18:43 AM(UTC)
Blitzkrieg

United States

Well, there are going to be a whole group of us former TE's that make top pay in less 12.4 years, next May I get 4 additional steps for my years as a TE. Are they going to grieve that? As far as being assigned a T6 string, all you had to do is bid down to a route and back to that T6 string and you got the bump, or any T6 position in the past 4 3/4 years. The point is the contract states (for those in the 2nd pay scale) you are entitled to a raise every 46 weeks until they hit Step O. They cannot withhold steps for ANY reason.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed