Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oldboy  
#81 Posted : Friday, November 03, 2017 2:17:23 PM(UTC)
oldboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Stelvy40  
#82 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 6:02:48 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LastLaconiaTE Go to Quoted Post
So, as a former TE who took the pay cut, I say you are a FOOL, You say that "The NALC is a disgrace" is complete BS. The Pay Cut was from the DAS award, and funny enough DAS was responsible for the "pay anomaly". When hired as a TE it clearly stated that it was a Temp job with NO chance of career placement. 6 years ago there were no conversions, a bunch of PTF's in limbo and transfers were withheld.
The situation now is considerably better. The NALC is constantly fighting to correct these issues, so stand up for Your rights,, this is a Union, and if you do not participate, then YOU are the disgrace, don't whine from the bench. Get a set. Get involved. It's your paycheck after all.

Well I was Teamster for 20 years was on a 2 week strike in 1999 and ended up getting a $6 raise out of it. Will be getting a 4K a month pension that I didn't have to pay a dime in to, and paid $80 a month for dues that included the Cadillac Health Insurance. What do y'all get for what you're paying??? Just a Fruity Newsletter with all Big Talk and no action and pay cuts, What else do they give you??? And I was on the Picket Line every F'ing day so why don't you go play Dress-up Union Tough Guy now Cutie ;-)

Edited by user Tuesday, November 07, 2017 6:08:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
mnmailman on 11/12/2017(UTC)
roger.d  
#83 Posted : Wednesday, November 08, 2017 5:50:44 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 403 time(s) in 292 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Stelvy40 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LastLaconiaTE Go to Quoted Post
So, as a former TE who took the pay cut, I say you are a FOOL, You say that "The NALC is a disgrace" is complete BS. The Pay Cut was from the DAS award, and funny enough DAS was responsible for the "pay anomaly". When hired as a TE it clearly stated that it was a Temp job with NO chance of career placement. 6 years ago there were no conversions, a bunch of PTF's in limbo and transfers were withheld.
The situation now is considerably better. The NALC is constantly fighting to correct these issues, so stand up for Your rights,, this is a Union, and if you do not participate, then YOU are the disgrace, don't whine from the bench. Get a set. Get involved. It's your paycheck after all.

Well I was Teamster for 20 years was on a 2 week strike in 1999 and ended up getting a $6 raise out of it. Will be getting a 4K a month pension that I didn't have to pay a dime in to, and paid $80 a month for dues that included the Cadillac Health Insurance. What do y'all get for what you're paying??? Just a Fruity Newsletter with all Big Talk and no action and pay cuts, What else do they give you??? And I was on the Picket Line every F'ing day so why don't you go play Dress-up Union Tough Guy now Cutie ;-)

In case you missed it, the unions and the PO agree that the service is vital to the American economy. Thus there is a "no strike" clause.

Find some video from the 1970's strike. It comical watching National Guard folks trying to sort the mail.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 08, 2017 6:06:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Fix auto correct

FutureCarrier  
#84 Posted : Wednesday, November 08, 2017 6:01:32 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Mine is pushed back to 9/2020. That’s almost longer than I’ve been a regular for.
Trainwreck  
#85 Posted : Thursday, November 09, 2017 5:20:26 PM(UTC)
Trainwreck

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've noticed others have been pushed back more than the 92 weeks. Not sure why that would be. Mine is now 20/19 which is right on target with the two step delay.

The stewards at my office are working on a grievance and have asked for copies of the letter we received (PS50).

Blitzkrieg  
#86 Posted : Thursday, November 09, 2017 5:40:20 PM(UTC)
Blitzkrieg

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
My next step raise moved from 16/2018 to 2/2020.......with my previous step at 19/2017......it’ll be 861 days or 123 weeks between steps for me.

Edited by user Thursday, November 09, 2017 7:03:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BlueSpirit  
#87 Posted : Thursday, November 09, 2017 8:17:52 PM(UTC)
BlueSpirit

United States

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Trainwreck Go to Quoted Post
I've noticed others have been pushed back more than the 92 weeks. Not sure why that would be. Mine is now 20/19 which is right on target with the two step delay.

The stewards at my office are working on a grievance and have asked for copies of the letter we received (PS50).

Yeah which is stupid. My next step was supposed to be in 2018 but got pushed back to 4/2020...
MijD  
#88 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 10:30:24 AM(UTC)
MijD

United States

Step increase went from january 18 to 3rd quarter 2019.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed