Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bleedgreen18  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 6:48:05 PM(UTC)
bleedgreen18

Groups: Registered
United States

I submitted my SF-85P the first week of August and gained pre-clearance about 3 weeks after that. I have since EOD'd with USCIS, but I was wondering if they are still going to be doing interviews with me and my references, or is everything on my end done?
pbchris  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 9:14:52 AM(UTC)
pbchris

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It's definitely possible. I use the word "possible" lightly, however. I know a couple of folks who had a couple of interviews over the phone after they EOD'd involving a public trust position with SF-85P. Not everyone goes through that though, and I don't know what would trigger it.
thanks 1 user thanked pbchris for this useful post.
nvan on 11/14/2017(UTC)
FatHappyCat  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 5:39:59 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
There's almost never an interview for an SF85 unless during the check a ton of red flags show up.
Frankish  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 11:24:14 AM(UTC)
Frankish

United States

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 45 post(s)
The SF-85P is associated with a personal subject interview. The SF-85P is a 3-9 month process. Expect to be interviewed. Do not expect others to be interviewed. The specifics of the SECURITY/SUITABILITY CLEARANCE would be of value to better answer the question. As noted on the referenced chart, the SF-85P is associated with two sensitivity levels. And do note the one question and three completely different answers. security/suitability clearance is not black and white.

https://fedcas.com/wp-co...rity-Clearance-Chart.pdf
thanks 1 user thanked Frankish for this useful post.
nvan on 11/13/2017(UTC)
bleedgreen18  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 12:19:36 PM(UTC)
bleedgreen18

United States

Originally Posted by: Frankish Go to Quoted Post
The SF-85P is associated with a personal subject interview. The SF-85P is a 3-9 month process. Expect to be interviewed. Do not expect others to be interviewed. The specifics of the SECURITY/SUITABILITY CLEARANCE would be of value to better answer the question. As noted on the referenced chart, the SF-85P is associated with two sensitivity levels. And do note the one question and three completely different answers. security/suitability clearance is not black and white.

https://fedcas.com/wp-co...rity-Clearance-Chart.pdf

Nice! That chart is useful. Thanks.
oujosh29  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 10:44:41 AM(UTC)
oujosh29

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bleedgreen18 Go to Quoted Post
I submitted my SF-85P the first week of August and gained pre-clearance about 3 weeks after that. I have since EOD'd with USCIS, but I was wondering if they are still going to be doing interviews with me and my references, or is everything on my end done?

Did you get hired as an ISO? Every ISO I know had to be interviewed and their references contacted. It can also take a while, but that might be location specific as well.
bleedgreen18  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 10:59:39 AM(UTC)
bleedgreen18

United States

Originally Posted by: oujosh29 Go to Quoted Post

Did you get hired as an ISO? Every ISO I know had to be interviewed and their references contacted. It can also take a while, but that might be location specific as well.

I got hired as an ISOA. I thought that ISOs also fill out SF-85Ps, but I could be wrong.
oujosh29  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 12:51:06 PM(UTC)
oujosh29

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: oujosh29 Go to Quoted Post

I got hired as an ISOA. I thought that ISOs also fill out SF-85Ps, but I could be wrong.

We fill something out, then get interviewed and have our references interviewed. If you are getting a public trust background check, that's probably what will happen with you.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed