Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sattech200  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 11:31:49 PM(UTC)
Sattech200

Groups: Registered

Last July I had interviewed with the postmaster in a town where I have lived most of the past 20 years and was very excited about the opportunity, It would have been the perfect location and fit under the circumstances. Having the highest test scores along with my previous experience as an RCA, he indicated that he was going to hire me. Unfortunately after the background check was performed I received an email stating that the job offer has been rescinded. Can anyone give me any insight about this? Is there any possibility of getting around this or a waiting period before I would be eligible again? The same RCA position has just been posted again three days ago and I want to apply for it. I emailed the postmaster but wanted to see if anyone here might be able to give me any information or insight into this issue.

This past January I received a "disturbing the peace" charge stemming from an incident that happened last November. A minor argument that happened my then girlfriend which led to police involvement. All I wanted to do was obtain some of my possessions from the residence where we were living together. I even have the entire incident recorded which clearly shows that I was trying to avoid a confrontation which I normally try to avoid at all costs. Unfortunately I was at the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person. I am no longer associated with this person and this is the only thing that is in my criminal background, I also have a clean and clear Michigan State Enhanced Chauffeurs driver’s license with a dependable vehicle to use on a route.
Smearski  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:01:11 AM(UTC)
Smearski

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Get your record expunged.
Sattech200  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:25:43 AM(UTC)
Sattech200

have to wait five years before I can.
Smearski  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:36:40 AM(UTC)
Smearski

United States

5 years? Why? Is that how long you got put on probation for a simple thing like disturbing the peace? Usually a petty thing like that carries a 3 year probation term here in California, and it's not even formal probation, it's summary probation. You know you can get off probation early, right? All you gotta do is pay off all or court fees and fines, and stay of trouble for a period of time, usually like a year or so, but it depends on the courts discretion, and then you can go ahead and get that conviction expunged.
Sattech200  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:01:45 AM(UTC)
Sattech200

The only thing I got from disturbing the peace was a fine which has been paid in full. I have to wait 5 years before I can get it expunged from my record.
Smearski  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:36:46 AM(UTC)
Smearski

United States

So you're not on probation? If you aren't on probation, and you paid your fines in full, I don't understand why you can't go ahead with expungement. What state are you in? Who told you that you have to wait 5 years? I'd look into it again if I were you. Either your state has some funny laws or whoever told you that bit of info was wrong.
Sattech200  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:40:55 AM(UTC)
Sattech200

In Michigan, have to wait 5 years before proceeding with expungement.
vettclerk  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 12:40:07 PM(UTC)
vettclerk

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Wait 90 days from when your background check was completed, at least, before applying again. In the meantime, enroll in an outpatient program to rehabilitate yourself. Explain the situation and how you've now been successfully rehabilitated, in your next background check application.

Alternatives include waiting until you're eligible for an expungement or taking other jobs.

Also this isn't guaranteed to be a successful approach. But it might work.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:32:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: wordsmithing

Hannah Blector  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 4:52:22 PM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Was thanked: 637 time(s) in 406 post(s)
This one is in your honor, vettclerk.

Sattech200, maybe tell them you are willing to be a manager. Then you can use your record as work experience. But maybe change the narrative and tell them you were really angry and cannot believe you got off so easy with the cops. And promise to be more abusive if hired.
thanks 1 user thanked Hannah Blector for this useful post.
vettclerk on 11/14/2017(UTC)
vettclerk  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 4:59:17 PM(UTC)
vettclerk

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hannah Blector Go to Quoted Post
This one is in your honor, vettclerk.

Sattech200, maybe tell them you are willing to be a manager. Then you can use your record as work experience. But maybe change the narrative and tell them you were really angry and cannot believe you got off so easy with the cops. And promise to be more abusive if hired.

LOL. OMG. My coworkers would *so* agree with you right now. They ... wow. Speechless lol.

And actually under the right circumstances the OP could be a manager. LOL.
postalvet  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:40:44 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2392 time(s) in 1838 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sattech200 Go to Quoted Post

Last July I had interviewed with the postmaster in a town where I have lived most of the past 20 years and was very excited about the opportunity, It would have been the perfect location and fit under the circumstances. Having the highest test scores along with my previous experience as an RCA, he indicated that he was going to hire me. Unfortunately after the background check was performed I received an email stating that the job offer has been rescinded. Can anyone give me any insight about this? Is there any possibility of getting around this or a waiting period before I would be eligible again? The same RCA position has just been posted again three days ago and I want to apply for it. I emailed the postmaster but wanted to see if anyone here might be able to give me any information or insight into this issue.

This past January I received a "disturbing the peace" charge stemming from an incident that happened last November. A minor argument that happened my then girlfriend which led to police involvement. All I wanted to do was obtain some of my possessions from the residence where we were living together. I even have the entire incident recorded which clearly shows that I was trying to avoid a confrontation which I normally try to avoid at all costs. Unfortunately I was at the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person. I am no longer associated with this person and this is the only thing that is in my criminal background, I also have a clean and clear Michigan State Enhanced Chauffeurs driver’s license with a dependable vehicle to use on a route.

imo because this was a "disturbing the peace" charge the post office will tread very lightly because you are out in public.
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
Rss Feed  Atom Feed