Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Office of Personnel Management

OPM is responsible for several broad categories such as employee recruitment and retention and oversees the overall federal workforce including managing, job announcement postings at USAJOBS.gov and setting governmentwide policies on hiring procedures.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BackGdInvestigator  
#21 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2018 3:08:08 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Overtime depends on your work load and your SAC.

In general, I can work overtime and get paid time and a half or request the time be saved as comp time. There are other pay types, but in general, these are the pay types.

All questions are open ended, what do you think?

If you don't like typing - this is not the job for you.
*DISCLAIMER*Correctly filling out your security forms will not guarantee you a clearance in 3 months BUT be sloppy and your case will be in the field a heck of a lot longer, guaranteed.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Juby on 1/21/2018(UTC)
Juby  
#22 Posted : Sunday, January 21, 2018 7:31:08 PM(UTC)
Juby

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I see. what does SAC mean?

My post of Duty would be Detroit if i get the offer, I would like the time and a half of course. currently in my job we get comp time but no more than 24 hours at a once, and we will have to use them before we can build more comp time. so it sucks cause my job is intensive and we can work at least 50 hours a week so we can catch up.

I don't mind typing at all, but i was told that reports are the most complex as they would ever get. so I was wondering if they are unenjoyable, cause most of my job as a Revenue Officer, IRS is typing and having to document everything when i meet with individuals, i don't mind it but can get old.

i think i would love to just be always on the go, searching records and interview with ppl. my job now does a lot of admin work which is killing me.
Fed Investigator  
#23 Posted : Sunday, January 21, 2018 8:45:30 PM(UTC)
Fed Investigator

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 112 post(s)
SAC is Supervisory Agent in Charge. You will report directly to the SAC. Overtime is capped at 32 hours per pay period and as the budget tightens, could be turned off. If the work load lightens in your office, no overtime will be offered.

Bottom line is that don't rely on overtime for lifestyle maintenance.

Reports are in third person format, you will craft a story and paint a picture with each report but the subject matter is boring. Cases are rarely interesting but you will appreciate that. The interesting cases are the messy ones and they are a time suck which will kill your production numbers.
Juby  
#24 Posted : Sunday, January 21, 2018 9:55:34 PM(UTC)
Juby

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Thank you guys so much for your responses.

I am a revenue officer and my case inventory is 60 cases, they vary in complexity and they closing cases take from first contact and could last for a year before they are resolved. we are field officers but I didn't realize the only one day is field work and the rest sitting behind the desk, sending correspondence, analyzing cases, typing up cases histories and preparing case files and many hours of boring trust fund cases. i hope this will not be same, cause i like to be out there meeting people, going to places and not just sit behind a desk/computer 35 out of 40 hours per week.
BackGdInvestigator  
#25 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 3:41:02 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 57 post(s)
1/3 or more of your time is typing reports.
*DISCLAIMER*Correctly filling out your security forms will not guarantee you a clearance in 3 months BUT be sloppy and your case will be in the field a heck of a lot longer, guaranteed.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Juby on 1/26/2018(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed