Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice


Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
10 Pages«<8910
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
229K9  
#181 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2018 6:45:39 PM(UTC)
229K9

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/11/2018(UTC)
Posts: 8
Man
United States

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LINY22 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 229K9 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 751Mtn Go to Quoted Post
Luckydevil

Yes, I did

Applied: 3/17
Interview: 9/17
EQIIP: 2/18
interview investigator: 7/2018
medical cleared: 7/18
interim clearance reference email: 10/18

Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 751Mtn Go to Quoted Post
LINY22

Got the same email yesterday. I applied March 2017. Looks like we're on the same boat.. :)



Just curious if you met with an investigator already? I didn't get that email yet so curious if that's why; since I haven't met with one yet.



Ah ok that's why then. Really hoping I meet with one soon. It has been a month since I submitted eqip. I am definitely not making January class I guess lol.


I have not met with BI either, but I just finished BI for CBP last month.



CBP gave me a final offer at the end of August. I wasn't 100% thrilled with my location I selected. When the new posting came out I reapplied because my preferred location was listed. Everything carried over and I'm just waiting to get the call again. But as of this minute I am signed up to EOD Feb 4th with CBP and FLETC on the 18th. Which job would you prefer CBP or DEA?



I have been a police officer over 13 1/2 years. The DEA is my #1 organization, and I ultimately want to be an 1811. As bad as this may sound, giving up the gun and badge will be difficult for me, but the DEA is so prestigious to me, that it would be worth it. I made it to PTA for DEA SA but I failed twice. I won't reapply until I am certain I can pass the PTA. I think working for DEA would make me happier than carrying a gun for CBP.

I would like to get CBP Atlanta Airport, although I selected Maine in my announcement. 17-10. This federal journey has been very tiring.
LINY22  
#182 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2018 6:52:00 PM(UTC)
LINY22

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/19/2018(UTC)
Posts: 55
United States
Location: Long Island, NY

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 229K9 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LINY22 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 229K9 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 751Mtn Go to Quoted Post
Luckydevil

Yes, I did

Applied: 3/17
Interview: 9/17
EQIIP: 2/18
interview investigator: 7/2018
medical cleared: 7/18
interim clearance reference email: 10/18

Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 751Mtn Go to Quoted Post
LINY22

Got the same email yesterday. I applied March 2017. Looks like we're on the same boat.. :)



Just curious if you met with an investigator already? I didn't get that email yet so curious if that's why; since I haven't met with one yet.



Ah ok that's why then. Really hoping I meet with one soon. It has been a month since I submitted eqip. I am definitely not making January class I guess lol.


I have not met with BI either, but I just finished BI for CBP last month.



CBP gave me a final offer at the end of August. I wasn't 100% thrilled with my location I selected. When the new posting came out I reapplied because my preferred location was listed. Everything carried over and I'm just waiting to get the call again. But as of this minute I am signed up to EOD Feb 4th with CBP and FLETC on the 18th. Which job would you prefer CBP or DEA?



I have been a police officer over 13 1/2 years. The DEA is my #1 organization, and I ultimately want to be an 1811. As bad as this may sound, giving up the gun and badge will be difficult for me, but the DEA is so prestigious to me, that it would be worth it. I made it to PTA for DEA SA but I failed twice. I won't reapply until I am certain I can pass the PTA. I think working for DEA would make me happier than carrying a gun for CBP.

I would like to get CBP Atlanta Airport, although I selected Maine in my announcement. 17-10. This federal journey has been very tiring.


I selected LAX in my application just to get my application in, but when given the offer they asked if I was still interested in LAX. I asked for other locations and they listed several. I chose St. Thomas, however, my ideal location is New Orleans. So, whichever agency offers me NOLA I'll take. Lol. I think I would prefer the DEA more too. I'll have to really think once the offers come along.
luckydevil  
#183 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2018 6:52:21 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2018(UTC)
Posts: 78
United States
Location: Southwest

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hey I am a former 1811! I ultimately decided I would rather do this job now at my point in life then stay behind the badge and the gun.

Edited by user Thursday, October 04, 2018 6:53:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
229K9 on 10/4/2018(UTC)
229K9  
#184 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2018 7:00:58 PM(UTC)
229K9

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/11/2018(UTC)
Posts: 8
Man
United States

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Hey I am a former 1811! I ultimately decided I would rather do this job now at my point in life then stay behind the badge and the gun.


My wife and 5 children would probably like that better also!

229K9  
#185 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2018 7:02:08 PM(UTC)
229K9

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/11/2018(UTC)
Posts: 8
Man
United States

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I selected LAX in my application just to get my application in, but when given the offer they asked if I was still interested in LAX. I asked for other locations and they listed several. I chose St. Thomas, however, my ideal location is New Orleans. So, whichever agency offers me NOLA I'll take. Lol. I think I would prefer the DEA more too. I'll have to really think once the offers come along.


I guess you saw that NOLA is on the latest CBP announcement, so that is a good sign!

LINY22  
#186 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2018 7:04:16 PM(UTC)
LINY22

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/19/2018(UTC)
Posts: 55
United States
Location: Long Island, NY

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Yes, I accepted my CBP offer August 28th and in the September posting NOLA was listed. So..... we’ll see what happens.
luckydevil  
#187 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2018 7:06:33 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2018(UTC)
Posts: 78
United States
Location: Southwest

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 229K9 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Hey I am a former 1811! I ultimately decided I would rather do this job now at my point in life then stay behind the badge and the gun.


My wife and 5 children would probably like that better also!



Exactly why I'm stepping away. I became a mom and well that changed everything lol.
229K9  
#188 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2018 9:43:43 PM(UTC)
229K9

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/11/2018(UTC)
Posts: 8
Man
United States

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
@luckydevil, I totally get it. DI Recruiter turned down Agent job due to DI hours. She said they were great for a family.
CaitieMFT  
#189 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 10:21:09 AM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/17/2017(UTC)
Posts: 23
United States

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LINY22 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 751Mtn Go to Quoted Post
LINY22

Got the same email yesterday. I applied March 2017. Looks like we're on the same boat.. :)



Just curious is you met with an investigator already? I didn't get that email yet so curious if that's why; since I haven't met with one yet.


I was supposed to meet with him. He wanted to come to my current agency and interview me, my manager and a coworker. My agency required him to provide certain information, which, for his own reasons, he was unable to provide. So, I informed him I would have to drop out of the application process. Today changed things. Apparently I am still in the running and they are asking for previous managers for the last 5 years and 2 references. I was told they are trying to get me into the January class. So, we shall see.


I didn’t receive the e-mail, but got word from a friend yesterday that they interviewed her as a reference for me this week (listed her as a reference on eQip). Hoping to get the FOE soon! Glad to hear you guys are on the same track to what sounds like the Jan class!
GearUp  
#190 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2018 8:17:39 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/16/2011(UTC)
Posts: 407

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 144 post(s)
I've been doing this job for almost 22 years. I did the LEO thing. I don't miss the gun or the badge. I don't have the SA hours and overtime. I don't have to put myself in danger and can leave an area if I don't feel safe. I'll go back with SAs if I have to. But I don't have to go anywhere I don't feel safe without SA backup. I enjoy my nights, weekends, and holidays off. I enjoy not getting late night or early morning duty agent calls. Hated surveillance work. DIs don't do surveillance work. This job has been great and is great for family. Overtime, for me, is rare. Strictly 9 - 5. If I have to work OT I get paid for it. Agents have to work mandatory OT to qualify for the "availability" pay. Also, there is no mandatory retirement for DIs. I know many SAs who were forced to leave at 57 who weren't ready to retire. With this job you can stay on as long as you want.
thanks 2 users thanked for this useful post.
229K9 on 10/9/2018(UTC), luckydevil on 10/12/2018(UTC)
Airedale260  
#191 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2018 1:43:42 PM(UTC)
Airedale260

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/16/2018(UTC)
Posts: 1
United States
Location: New Jersey (NJ)

Originally Posted by: DRam2500 Go to Quoted Post
How long did it take the QTC people to email back with appointment dates for the medical screening? Its been 7 business days for me, they told me it could take 10 business days. I just figured I'd know by now.



Mine was about a week. I don't have the letter handy but I think they said if you haven't heard anything after X days then call QTC.

On another note...how long did it take between submitting the onboarding forms and getting a notice to fill out the e-QIP? I submitted mine in late July but haven't heard anything. Haven't reached out to the HR contact I have because I don't want to be a bug.

I know they wanted clarification on one medical issue, but I thought they ran a medical review and the BI concurrently.

Thank you, and best of luck to you all!
LINY22  
#192 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2018 12:51:31 PM(UTC)
LINY22

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/19/2018(UTC)
Posts: 55
United States
Location: Long Island, NY

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
I've been doing this job for almost 22 years. I did the LEO thing. I don't miss the gun or the badge. I don't have the SA hours and overtime. I don't have to put myself in danger and can leave an area if I don't feel safe. I'll go back with SAs if I have to. But I don't have to go anywhere I don't feel safe without SA backup. I enjoy my nights, weekends, and holidays off. I enjoy not getting late night or early morning duty agent calls. Hated surveillance work. DIs don't do surveillance work. This job has been great and is great for family. Overtime, for me, is rare. Strictly 9 - 5. If I have to work OT I get paid for it. Agents have to work mandatory OT to qualify for the "availability" pay. Also, there is no mandatory retirement for DIs. I know many SAs who were forced to leave at 57 who weren't ready to retire. With this job you can stay on as long as you want.


Hey GearUp! Thanks greatly for the information. I was wondering if you would be able to answer some questions or know someone who would have the answers. These may have been previously answered, but if so, it's always nice for a refresher after several pages and months passed. I'm not expecting you to know the answers, but perhaps you've heard things around work. I also wanted to ask what location you work at. And while we're on the topic of locations, do you know if all locations are looking for new hires? I'm really hoping to get into the New Orleans office. Also, regarding the academy, how many students are expected to be in the academy? And if we are to be in the January class, when should we expect a final offer or even a location preference sheet? Last week I handed in my reference sheet. Thank you for any additional information you are able to provide. I am really looking forward to a DI career.
brownbear932008  
#193 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 2:11:12 PM(UTC)
brownbear932008

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/18/2015(UTC)
Posts: 2
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I took the phase III test today. I feel like I bombed the math portion everything else was pretty easy. Math has always been my weak spot. We shall wait and see.
GearUp  
#194 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 7:06:54 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/16/2011(UTC)
Posts: 407

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 144 post(s)
LINY22,

It's hard to say where there are or will be vacancies when they get to making final offers. A lot depends on retirements, promotions, and transfers. Also, DEA is n the process of staffing some new offices in the newest division just opened. So I'm sorry to say I can't give you exact locations. If you want to guarantee your assignment then be selected as the #1 student. The #1 student gets to pick his or her office even if that office is at staffing level or over and regardless of what you final offer was.

Ref the January class size - they always hope and try to fill the class to the max which is usually 50 (+/-). As always, there are circumstances that can change that. The current class has only 29 students. A big part of that reason is that there wasn't enough dorm rooms at the Academy because they are remodeling and they had to put the students up at a local hotel.

Ref final offers - you could get your final offer right up to the Friday before you're scheduled to report. It's happened in the past. But you're more likely to get your offer 2 to 3 weeks out.
LINY22  
#195 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 7:48:39 AM(UTC)
LINY22

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/19/2018(UTC)
Posts: 55
United States
Location: Long Island, NY

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
LINY22,

It's hard to say where there are or will be vacancies when they get to making final offers. A lot depends on retirements, promotions, and transfers. Also, DEA is n the process of staffing some new offices in the newest division just opened. So I'm sorry to say I can't give you exact locations. If you want to guarantee your assignment then be selected as the #1 student. The #1 student gets to pick his or her office even if that office is at staffing level or over and regardless of what you final offer was.

Ref the January class size - they always hope and try to fill the class to the max which is usually 50 (+/-). As always, there are circumstances that can change that. The current class has only 29 students. A big part of that reason is that there wasn't enough dorm rooms at the Academy because they are remodeling and they had to put the students up at a local hotel.

Ref final offers - you could get your final offer right up to the Friday before you're scheduled to report. It's happened in the past. But you're more likely to get your offer 2 to 3 weeks out.


Good to know. Thanks for the information!
Glendi L.  
#196 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 10:33:12 AM(UTC)
Glendi L.

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/2/2018(UTC)
Posts: 1
Puerto Rico

Thanks: 2 times
Greetings.
Are there any Aug 2018 candidates here? What is you status? So far Im up to phase III just took the written assesment test Oct 3rd. For what I've been able to follow, I have a long wait until I'm notified of anything. Math for me was also my weakness. How do they rate the test?
CRJ@vet  
#197 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 1:34:39 PM(UTC)
CRJ@vet

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2017(UTC)
Posts: 4
Woman
United States
Location: Virginia

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

I applied in August, already in a federal job but not with the clearance required for the announcement. Took my test yesterday..math is weakness, don’t think I did well on that portion, either. Just waiting for the next phrase or steps in the process. Not sure how they rate the test but hope they look and say my answers were close and that I’m trainable...lol
luckydevil  
#198 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 1:42:55 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2018(UTC)
Posts: 78
United States
Location: Southwest

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
I've been doing this job for almost 22 years. I did the LEO thing. I don't miss the gun or the badge. I don't have the SA hours and overtime. I don't have to put myself in danger and can leave an area if I don't feel safe. I'll go back with SAs if I have to. But I don't have to go anywhere I don't feel safe without SA backup. I enjoy my nights, weekends, and holidays off. I enjoy not getting late night or early morning duty agent calls. Hated surveillance work. DIs don't do surveillance work. This job has been great and is great for family. Overtime, for me, is rare. Strictly 9 - 5. If I have to work OT I get paid for it. Agents have to work mandatory OT to qualify for the "availability" pay. Also, there is no mandatory retirement for DIs. I know many SAs who were forced to leave at 57 who weren't ready to retire. With this job you can stay on as long as you want.


Thanks for the info! Totally why I switched from SA.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
10 Pages«<8910
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 1.740 seconds.